Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta
$342
$278
Bookit.com
Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$269
$179
Bookit.com
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$631
$258
  • Beachfront
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$520
$286
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$271
Hotel Mousai(Puerto Vallarta)
$352
$324
  • Pool
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Pool
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$242
$197
Casa Velas(Puerto Vallarta)
$500
$420
2,742 results
All reviewsbreeze barbella vistaparadise restaurantbeach vendorsclub nitroocean frontinformation deskroom servicebeach bartequila volleyballla piazzasushioceanfront roomtacossister hotelfrench restaurantreturning guests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Had room 1504. It faced the pool. It was smaller than rooms I've stayed in at other all-inclusive resorts. For the most part the room was fairly clean but not meticulously so. This room didn't offer a stocked fridge. Two bottles of water were provided per day. Additional water was 10 Pesos a bottle.

Politely refuse the meeting with the staff to the left of the check-in counter to get a property map. This is an attempt to sell you a package. If you're not interested, say so and you wont be bothered again.

The quality and taste of the drinks was dependent on who made them but even that didn't ensure consistency. I stuck to beer and was never disappointed. Tipping generously at the bar appeared to generate more attentive service and better quality drinks. Wait staff rarely served tables on the beach but service was close by.

All of the sit down restaurants required reservations. Getting a seat wasn't difficult. Salvador's had pretty decent food and service. No shorts or flip-flops but the dress code was pretty accommodating. Most of the diners looked well dressed for a resort. The breakfast and lunch buffets were a little sparse but you could also order from the menu. I was always able to find something that I wanted to try. However, I'm not a picky eater. My traveling companions were a little less pleased with the offerings.

If you are looking for an all adult place to stay in a fair location at a good price, you'll be content with this property. If you are looking for a special occasion property to celebrate a milestone, you'll be a little disappointed. My advice is to pay a little extra and stay at more updated property.

The staff was pleasant and worked to please.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that faces the beach. Facing the pool is OK but can get noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank branger
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the propoerty they just need to have more adult activities schedule for you to participate in. The family side was awesome as they have mega activities and entertainment available.

Room Tip: Choose ocean view as it is the best
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Demetra M
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This would have been a great place if I was 21 again. Went here with my husband and my parents for a couples vacation to relax and enjoy the beach and food. We must have picked a bad time to go as the locals told us this was the rainy season and vacation time for the locals. We speak some spanish, but we didn't feel welcomed since we weren't natives or returning clients. The waiter at the Bella Vista restaurant was very rude to us both nights we attempted to eat there and the food was just ok. The spiced pork tacos were the best. Desserts are not sweet like we wanted but we enjoyed the ice cream. The Paradise restaurant was better with friendly staff, but you have to book your reservations for dinner before 2pm and there is a dress code for this one (resort elegant). 3 of the 4 in my party got sick from something we ate or drank. They provide 2 bottled waters daily and there is a shop onsite that has Powerade, Gatorade, and real soda. This was a lifesaver for me as I don't drink alcohol. The juices all taste like rotten fruit to me and the sodas from the bar/restaurants were like syrup with little carbonation. A little too sweet to drink in the heat. I was told the alcoholic drinks were watered down. The beach is brown sand and because of the storms the water was brown and greenish. Not very pretty, but the mountains were a good scene. The beach was dirty when I went jogging each morning and they were pulling puffer fish out constantly so I was afraid to go in the ocean. The pool water was warm, but people seemed to enjoy it. Not much of an exercise room but it serves its purpose and not too many go in there anyways so you have it to yourself. The room service was terrible. It took forever to get it and it was cold by the time it came and usually not what we ordered. Forgot our salads one night and called 3 times. We got them an hour later. Waited over an hour for food and then an additional 45 minutes for dessert one night at Bella Vista. The people that got seated after us, 2 different tables, got their food before us and we couldn't get our drinks refilled. When we complained to the manager he told us they had to take care of the returning clients before us because they spend lots of money. I understand this in a way, but they should be impressing us too especially if they want us to buy a timeshare or repeat a visit. Plus we spent lots to come here and we always tipped if we had it on us.The cafe offsite but practically next door was great (not included) and the supermarket is right in front of the resort for buying cokes, pastries, things forgotten, but it is in spanish so you will need to know what you are looking for. They will take US dollars but not all exchange at the same rate so be careful. Taxis will try to get you but don't pay more than 8 dollars for one. The Club Nitro is across the street so if you like hearing bumping music till 3 am then you are good. We couldn't sleep because of it and because of the people above us, must have been the honeymoon suite. The bed was not comfortable for us and there is no handle on the outside balcony door so you have to use your hands to slide it open or don't close it all the way. Your balcony is not too private as we could see and hear the people next to us. Our room needed maintenance which was requested on check in but we never got it. The air conditioning was loud, refrigerator kept kicking on and off, shower was broken, water didn't work one day, and the tv was snowy the entire stay. Almost all channels are in spanish, but you have around 4 in english with subtitles if you want to learn some spanish. The maid service was good and they were always friendly. For a good view I recommend the higher floors. Floor 3 has a view of the rooftops and floor 2 the tennis courts. We were on floor 7 which was great. They have 2 small elevators with room enough for 4 people or 2 with luggage cart. No air in them so be prepared to sweat or take the stairs for a cooler walk. You can eat at the next door restaurants if they are not booked full. The breakfast buffet on the family side is much better than at the adult side. Be ready for vendors every 5 minutes if you sit on the beach. They can't come onto the resort so stay at the pool if you don't like being asked to buy stuff all the time. Make sure to get a lock for the room safe, remote for the tv, and pool towel cards upon check in. They didn't mention this to us so we had to go back down for all that. They have internet service for a price per day or pay for the entire stay for a discount. Raul was the best at front desk, Polo at the bar, Manuel at the restaurants, and teacher at the bar/restaurant. The younger manager during the day was also nice and helpful. I highly recommend getting a taxi to the boardwalk to take pics of the bay and do some shopping. The prices are good and if you like cigars we recommend stopping at the Cigar House across from the Starbucks at the end of the boardwalk. Only authentic cigar place and the hand rolled house brand was good. We also ventured over to the Outback Steakhouse for dinner one night and it was good. You can walk there but be careful crossing the streets. If partying is your thing and you don't mind the loud rave type music all day and night, this is the place for you. We expected less noise since it was adults only, but I would have preferred the kid side since they sleep by 10 pm. Do your research for weather and season before visiting here. Hope this helps.

Room Tip: Higher floors for better views and oceanfront instead of oceanview if you can get one. The end away from the night club is quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SlimC33
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had to write this review while I am at the hotel (July 19-25). Please put all the reviews here in TripAdvisor into perspective. Some of them are so elitist and borderline racist. For what you pay (less than $100 a day for the all -inclusive) you get standard all- inclusive level food. If you want gourmet and higher level, make a reservation to the two gourmet restaurants they have. The hotel is a bit older than the newer hotels and resorts here, but look, ever been to Kauai? The hotels near Lihue have a certain level than those on the Poipou side. They are still fine hotels, they are just not as glamorous. Fantastic views even from the partial view rooms, nice pool and the ocean is right there! TIMESHARES? Get over it! Everywhere you go in Mexico where there are tourists, they are there, from the airports to the commercial public areas. Just say NO gracias for everything offered. Do your timeshare research on your own if you want one and avoid the sellers.

I am writing this review in particular because of Jeff R, in his review on March 19,2013. Read below:

"FOR FAMILIES AND MEXICAN NATIONALS" families and Mexican nationals" I mean really, do Mexican people bother you? Other than having them for servants? Or did you want America in PV without the Mexicans? Look, the hotel this weekend was about 65% Mexican nationals. This is the low season here for foreign tourists and wow, Mexicans can afford the luxuries of these hotels too. As far as children, JEFF, THAT'S AT THE SISTER HOTEL NEXT DOOR! .Be honest in what you write. No children are allowed at this hotel. If at 4pm, (I have not experienced it) they ask where all the people are from, and they boo Americans, guess what? They boo us in France too! Get over the fact that American tourists are not liked sometimes because we are boorish. I spoke Spanish with the workers here, and it goes along way towards changing perception.

Sorry all, I had to respond to the negative people who put elitist perceptions to everything. This is a nice hotel for those of us with BLUE-COLLAR money. If you want better, pay more for the Westlin, where very few Mexican people go.

Room Tip: Partial views are fine. Just get one higher and closer to the ocean.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
10  Thank johnwc10453
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Time shares at the airport, time shares in the hotel lobby, time shares at the liquor stores downtown, art dealers on the boardwalk (Malecon) selling time shares. Pretty place, but ruined by time shares!!!! Just average food in the hotel. Excellent staff service, all very friendly and accomodating. Don't be an "ugly American" to these folks...try your Spanish even if it isn't good. They speak English but will smile and appreicate that you tried. Other than that, everyone was a scam artist it seemed. I realize there is an economic struggle in Mexico, but they have a lot to offer and shouldn't be so pushy. TIme shares, real, imagined, or otherwise are not the honey they should be enticing people with. The Golden Crown is conveniently located near the airport and the port from which excursions leave. It is well maintained and cleaned, but it is an older property. The only swim up bar is at the sister property,but it is *NOT* adults only. Decent pool and has a bar convenientlylocated but would be nice to "SWIM UP". Go to Riviera Maya or Sea of Cortes/Los Cabos for more beauty and less hassle-and most likely a swim up bar and better food :)... Ask for the penthouse suite or an upper level room as the view is actually spectacular of the ocean, mountains, and beach at the Golden Crown.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple