Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta
$299
$257
$201
Bookit.com
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$307
$257
  • Beachfront
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$242
$182
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$389
$286
  • Breakfast included
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$449
$140
  • Pool
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$159
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Casa Velas(Puerto Vallarta)
$500
$422
2,795 results
All reviewsbreeze barbella vistaparadise restaurantbeach vendorsclub nitroocean frontinformation deskroom servicebeach bartequila volleyballla piazzasushioceanfront roomtacossister hotelfrench restaurantreturning guests
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We travelled April 6th to 13th 2013 which means we just got home yesterday. On getting out of the taxi the bell men were waiting for us our check in was very smooth but our rooms were not available till after 3pm we arrived at 11:30 am. Our luggage was looked after and we could change and hit the pool, beach and bars. There were 7 in our group of different ages and I had a room to myself. Remember my room # 1608 for later. Very nice room clean two beds I asked to be in a safe area as I was alone. Great no problem. The weather was hot all the time we were there everyone was able to get a tan / sunburn. There were numerous places to eat at the resort.
We were at the adults only resort but the family resort was right next door and we could eat there if we wished. Breakfast started at 7am which was great for me always a place to sit buffet style with a waffle and omelett station also a menu if you wanted something different. Waiters were very attentive your coffee cup was never empty. The specialty evening dining was French , Italian or Japanese. My favorite was French the head fellow there was great none of us remember his name but we all liked him. Italian next for food for me then Japanese. All the dining was edible we had no complaints. The servers were all there to make our meal enjoyable. Though there were families with kids running around uncontrolled which no one seemed to address.(Japanese and Italian) In the family resort the rest was a buffet and it was noisy and busy and lots of children so eating there was what it was not for me but the younger adults in our group were okay with it.The food there was kid friendly.
The bars were open early you could get a drink with breakfast and I saw many adults drinking as I was having an early breakfast. The bar service was the best I have seem in Cuba, Maui, Punta Cana and other Mexican areas. What ever you wanted was available. We were never without a refreshment. The pool was clean as the the hot tub area we were able to enjoy the area until well into the night. The grounds were neat and clean as well as the washrooms. The staff kept the pool area rocking with music and activities from early morning to evening. The information desk was very helpful with any questions and suggestions. They will offer you a free gift if you like but you will have to listen to a membership presentation again nothing is free beware.
This is not a high end resort but the staff makes up for that in their service and kindness I found fault with none.
A few negatives - I left a very nice white coverup on a lounge chair that disappeared it did not go to loss and found I checked everyday. Remember my room #1608 the sewage smell in the mornings was unabearable the vent was in the bathroom floor so when people were showering my room smelled like a sewage pump out station reported this to the desk but nothing was done about this I am an early riser and left the room early. I had read about this in the reviews ahead of time no one else in our group had this problem but me. Lucky me. Last problem was that the overhead light in my bathroom, there were two over the sink area had a short and would flicker on and off not a loose bulb as i checked that. These issuse were reported but not corrected upon check out. I forgot to say room service was availble and our group used it after their late nites at the Nitro Club which they seemed to enjoy. ( Club Nitro and room service) People I would point out as giving great service Enrique info desk Alex bar by pool rest and the head fellow in the French rest. Oh no last thing the beach vendors are out early and out all day they will come to you they are not pushing but never ending so most days we parked ourselves around the pool.

Room Tip: Higher floor better ocean view Rooms over the poole hear a lot of the nite partiers if you have your patio doors open Stay away from room #1608 or beware
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

The resort is clean and the pool is warm and relaxing, the beach near by is also relaxing, the food is ok, not the best but you can be eating all the time, drinks: I'd recommend the Bahama Mama and Tequila Sunrise, the service is good with a server coming around often enough for us not to have to get out of our beach bed, but try to find a big cup in the Store and don't wait for the waiter If you are looking for an inexpensive getaway I would recommend GCPR. Advice: At the reception in the waiting area you'll see an Information area DON'T GO THERE! the real name should be TIMESHARE. Bad cellphone reception and GCPR hasn't free WI-FI, that's awful and unpleasant.

They have no choice to pay for drinks or food if you are not a guest so avoid friends to go there if you meet some one in Puerto Vallarta, they are rude to people who is not a guest, I've been there.

The restaurant area closes early and room service is busy at night, drinks at night are hard to get.

If you are planning a Wedding on the beach it's very brutiful try at 6:30 pm and you ll have a beutiful sunrise, ask for group prices.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in 2009 and decided to go back again. We had the direct ocean front room which was a good size, always clean and great view. Staff is very friendly and we were treated to a private dinner for repeat customers, a nice touch. Food is so so at the buffet, OK quality but no imagination and little variety day to day. The specality resturants were not very good, but I find this is typical. Usually wind up going back to the buffett. Noticed a deterioration in the building since 2009, nothing serious, but the facilities are getting tired. I was told that new owners have recently bought this resort and will be starting major renos this Summer. Beach and location are good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2013

when i arrived i was greeted in the usual warm fashion. yippee drinks and hugs! my room was twice the size as expected. i paid for a junior suite and got a full on living room, dining room that seats 6, full kitchen and seperate bedroom. holy molly bigger then my old apartment. perfect view, perfect weather and smiles are free. i bought "days" what you might think of as timeshare but it's not. 24 hr notice, book and go. i highly recomment looking into this on your next stay there or if your thinking about going there and fall in love. i know a good thing when i see it and when i want a holiday i go where i know i'll be happy and that's at the Golden Crown "adults only" hotel. love you guys and see you in Nov.

Room Tip: all rooms are good. they all come with a view of the ocean. i like it higher to drown out the noise of the bar (which closes at 12 not bad) which i've myself made lots of noise in also.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank kelownacarol
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The service was fantastic with the waiters and hotel staff, the room was always comfortable and the resort catered specifically to single patrons. The resort always had patons selling all kinds of things. The food was remarkable and I would gladly stay again without question.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo