“Great Time!!!!! (Dec 18-25)”

Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #44 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Time!!!!! (Dec 18-25)”
Reviewed January 6, 2004

Had a great time at the resort. Different activities were always presented to us, but often, we opted to simply relax on the beach. The staff was incredibly helpful, especially at the concierge desk. Room service was great, as we chose to not go down for breakfast and simply eat in our room. The service in the middle of the night was also great, mainly because anything we desired was presented to us. Definetely recommend this hotel.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (582)
Houston, TX
Reviewed December 27, 2003

We arrived at the Crown Paradise Resort and they did not have our room.
The hotel claims that it had no record of our reservation even though we had a confirmation number. They claimed that they had previously faxed our travel agent a note stating that no room was avilable. When asked to provide a copy of this fax they were unable to do so. Luckily we were able to find space at the Intercontinental El Presidente.
Needless to stay we will never consider theCrown Paradise.

• Stayed December 2003
4 Thank Leonard F
Reviewed December 21, 2003

We stayed at the Crown Paradise from December 14 - 21. We had a fabulous time. The resort is spotless and the staff were all wonderful.
We had an oceanview room on the 8th floor so we had a view of the ocean, picturesque mountains and the pool. I would highly recommend this side of the hotel - you get the best of all worlds. We were not on a non-smoking floor and I have allergies and asthma but I did not notice any smoke odours anywhere. Salvadors Restaurant was very romantic. There are just too many good things about this resort. We would DEFINITELY stay again...we have travelled throughout Mexico and we won't forget this visit. Also, I am a 40 year old and I thought the resort was perfect - no I'm not a party animal but the idea of getting away for a week is to get some good rest and relaxation. The music in the pool area was actually quite enjoyable - I had brought a book to read but I found myself putting the book down on numerous occasions to listen to the music. The hotel next door had some atrocious music but that didn't last for too long...about a half hour. Thank God there were no children! We visited the Fiesta Americana as we had a conference to attend and the pool was filled with little kids. I highly recommend the Crown Paradise.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 20, 2003

My husband & I just returned from Crown Paradise in Puerto Vallarta. We are both 28 years old and had the time of our life! We were celebrating our 7 year anniversary. We were greeted with drinks and fresh towels.
Our room was a beautiful oceon front room. The service there was amazing. The food was good. It was a lot better than what I expected.
You can go next door for a breakfast buffet that is really good. The activities are a lot of fun. We had planned on taking a few tours, but we had so much fun at the resort we never wanted to leave. The nightly shows that are included are exceptional. I couldn't believe the costumes and performances. They were well worth going to. If you want to go dancing, it is well worth going with the activity people each night. They offer a discount to get in to a different club each night.
They leave around 11:00 each night, and it is a lot of fun. I didn't realize that the parties don't start until after 11:00. That was cool because we had time to watch the nightly shows, and then hit the clubs.
The pool and hot tub are really nice. The beach is pretty good. It is a little rocky, but we had a great time boogie boarding. There is a roped off area to the right of the property that is all sand. It is perfect for swimming and boogie boarding. The sand is soft all the way out. The activities throughout the day are tons of fun! The adult only is so awesome. The resort next door has kids, and if you go over there and eat, you will realize how calm and peaceful it is back at Crown Paradise. The average age was probably 30-45 years old. However we met several couples our age and had a great time with them. I loved the service. We were constantly being served. I felt like royalty!! Tipping is included, but the way they treat you there, it's hard not to tip. We did a little and it went a LONG way. I love that the food was alacarte.
It was so nice to order something different each night. There are a lot of beach vendors, but you eventually get used to it. I actually got some good deals from them. I could go on and on about how wonderful this resort is. To sum it up, if you are looking for a relaxing time this is a great place. If you are looking for fun and acitivities, this is the place. We had the most relaxing time, yet we participated in the daily activities and had a blast!! This resort is going to be hard to top! We will be back for sure!

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 20, 2003

We stayed for five nights in December 2003. It is conveniently located within walking distance of the Walmart, and right next to the marina where the "Vallarta Adventure" excursions depart. The facility was spotless, eat-off-the-floor clean! There was never a problem making reservations at the two upscale restaurants. I am a strict vegetarian. They cater heavily to beef and seafood eaters, but I had no problem finding a delicious HOT vegetarian meal every night. Salvador's restaurant has a waiter named Carlos that will see to your every culinary desire and leave no stone unturned in pleasing you. He even brought us a good bottle of champagne when he knew it was our last night! The mexican "sexy coffee" at The Paradise restaurant is unbeatable ~~ DO order it after dinner; it is worth it for the showy performance! The Bellavista restaurant is always a good alternative and open for all meals. Although portions are small (by USA standards) there is never any objection to ordering two meals of the same item. Room service brought breakfast to our ocean-front balcony ON TIME every morning. Again, portions were very small. Drinks are plentiful and strong at all the bars. Exotic brands of liquor are no problem. The staff was eager to please, friendly, always helpful and smiling! We wanted to take Eduardo(the bell boy)home with us. The beach is beautiful and there is a dedicated swimming area at the north end of the property, more in front of the sister hotel, Vista del Oro (which has an UNBEATABLE lunch buffet). Los Vendadoros (the people selling things) on the beach were ever-present, but never persistant or problematic. I actually got some good buys with stubborn haggling! The only thing that we found distasteful were the "condo" salepersons. Sheesh. They hassled us every day, offering excursions, gifts, services...ANYTHING to entice us to see their vacation club. They reminded us of bottflies. We don't know why this hotel was rated only 3 stars. We will definitely return, and soon!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 16, 2003

This was our 2nd visit to Crown Pardise. The best things are the absolute perfect weather, pool and beach. We weren't too impressed with the food this time, especially at the Bella Vista. The specialty restaurants are pretty good. Nice buffet breakfast at the Paradise Restaurant. The Breeze snack bar and bar is a nice addition. You have to know how to order drinks - Brands - otherwise you spend alot of time drinking sweet drinks with no feeling or taste of booze at all! It was very relaxing but we will try another place next time.

MO
Reviewed December 16, 2003

This was my 5th time in PVR, but my first at Crown Paradise. I have stayed at other hotels and all-inclusive hotels in PVR, but this was the best. I will always stay at the Crown Paradise. The staff is great, the people we met were great the grounds were nice as well as the great drinks.

We were two single young 30 something women and had a ball with everyone. The other reviews complain the there were too many "older" people. Everyone, no matter what age were a blast. In every crowd there will be a few "sticks in the mud". Too each their own!

The food was fine..it's all inclusive, what do you expect, but better than most all-inclusive. A cheeseburger at 5am after a few cocktails tastes great no matter what!!

The staff was wonderful, rooms were great, pool was nice, and activity staff very involved! Something fun and different to do everynight! It was not so spread out like other resrts so you got to meet and hang with new people...like a small community!!

Since it is all-inclusive and the exchange rate is so great, it doesn't not kill the pocketbook to eat off site a couple of times. I read the reviews for a few weeks before I chose Crown Paradise and they were great reviews. Since I have been back, there have been a couple a not so great reviews. Don't let a few whiners keep you from something great!!

5 Thank jencot