Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta
$299
$181
$139
  • Breakfast included
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$242
Bookit.com
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$307
$257
  • Beachfront
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$370
$286
  • Breakfast included
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$449
$152
  • Pool
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$159
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
2,789 results
All reviewsbreeze barbella vistaparadise restaurantbeach vendorsclub nitroocean frontinformation deskroom servicebeach bartequila volleyballla piazzasushioceanfront roomtacossister hotelfrench restaurantreturning guests
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We keep returning to this hotel and the only reason for this is the price. We leave the property for dinner most nights. If possible, the food seems even worse than in previous years. due to the new management attempting to cut costs. (very obvious), The so called house wines are totally unacceptable rotgut. We do not go on all inclusive vacations to drink ourselves cross-eyed , but do want a decent glass of wine with dinner,. This is definitely not available here. The wine is undrinkable.
The quality of most of the food is poor. In order to cut costs, they no longer have individual portions of cereal, jam etc at breakfast and no longer offer decent food at the "Breeze'bar at lunch and breakfast.
In addition, there is no longer an option to sit under an awning at the beach. The new so-called 'palapas' are flimsy strips of gauze with large spaces between them, that provide absolutely no shade. I will not be able to return to this hotel because I love the beach, but require protection from the heat and the sun, which is no longer available here.I will consider leaving the property for dinner if the food remains poor, but can't go on a beach vacation, where there is no shade on the beach!

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms are worth the money. The ocean view rooms can be noisy as they overlook the pool and pool bar.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank GourmandToronto
CROWNPARADISEPVR, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for take the time and share your comments,

Your feedback is very important for us; they help us to improve in the services that we offer,

Let me tell you that your comments has been shared with the management team,

We hope to see you again, and show our commitment with your satisfaction.

Best Regards

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Our 2nd time here. Stayed for a week just before Christmas. Asked for a room nearest the beach but was told they did not have any near beach with two beds at the time (standard room). One of the beds in our room was very lumpy. The TV in the room did not work quite correctly. It had many channels but only about 1/3 in english, and on 1/3 of those english channels the sound did not work. It was an old tube TV not a flat screen. I like the new cabana style beds they just set up on one side of the pool and the beach! They had a few pool/beach activities like volleyball and water polo which were fun. Food was OK, not bad, not great.......the Italian restaurant was very good. Drinks were good, just make sure to ask for your favorite top shelf brand when ordering. Disappointed they only have one kind of beer, Tecate, but at least they have it on tap this year. They should get one or two more brands. They have corona next door at Crown so why not here and why no Indio beer like they have at Nitro? Nice mix of younger and older guests. Wasn't too crowded but not too empty either. Plenty of hot water in the shower. Room very clean. Took the free City/jungle tour which was OK but lasted 8 hours. Was shocked to find they do not have free Wi Fi system. They charge about $16 a day which is outrageous. We found another Wi Fi system for $5 a day though it was a bit slow. They should at least have a free computer in the lobby for guests to use for a few minutes a day. Service was good. NIce to have free room service food at 1am! The standard "Ocean view" rooms like ours (1410) are really only a partial ocean view/pool view. These rooms are facing perpendicular to the ocean. May want to pay extra for the ocean front rooms to get full ocean view. Had an overall good time at this rare adults only all inclusive hotel. Would repeat if we got a good deal again like the last two years.....tends to be cheaper in Nov and Dec.

Room Tip: Probably worth the price to pay for ocean front room instead of ocean view since ocean view is really only a partial ocean view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank D_____Mpls

Dear guest,

Thank you for shared your comments with us.

We would like to invite you to our Social Network Facebook, and share your experiences and pictures with us.

One more time thank you for your feedback

Best Regards

Reviewed January 2, 2013

They've lots of things to keep you entertained through your stay - water sports, nightly shows, kayaks, drinks, food. And it's all-inclusive.
Guests with kids stay at the next building - so that is great as well.

Activity staff is their highlight - they are friendly and they are awesome performers.

Food quality is alright.
Don't forget to try the 'sexy' coffee in their restaurant near the lobby.

Book your activities via Vallarta Adventures - Outdoor Adventure was the best!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sunny M

Dear guest,

We thank you for your feedback.

We are very pleased to know that your stay was enjoyable, here at your home away from home, Golden Crown Paradise.

Our goal at Crown Paradise is to create lasting memories, by offering personalized service, added values plus friendly and attentive staff. Your satisfaction is the very important to us.

I would like to invite you to become a fan at facebook.

So that you know about our promotions, and share us your comments.

We hope to see you soon.

Best regards

Reviewed January 2, 2013

The weather in PV was perfect every single day when I stayed at the Golden Crown Paradise December 18-25, 2012. Of course the hotel is not responsible for the weather. So let's talk about this hotel. ROOM was sizey, outdated. BED was comfy, and lots of pillows. Also seemed bleachy clean. Drawers needed repair, and I hate metal hangers in a metal rod in a closet. They make the screaching noise, YUK. SO OUTDATED. LOCATION of my room was good, 5th floor ocean view. BEER Could not even choke down a 2nd plastic cup of Tecate served warm on draft at every bar. And it was the only beer choice. It tasted old, slimy, moldy, nasty. I am a beer lover and I know BAD beer when it hits my lips..and stomach. YUK!! I'm also not a mixed drink person, so to solve the issue buddied up with a really fun Canadia guy, and took turns buying 6ers of bottled beer from a store a half block away, which the bartenders happily kept cold for us. Too cool. Especially Carlos. But so much for all inclusive beverages. SICK on the grilled fish on night 2 of my stay which kept me hold up in my room for nearly 2 solid days!!! This happened exactly within 2 hours of consuming the shrimp, oysters and salmon they custom grilled for you. I honestly thought I was going to die of cramps, 'big D", and the heaving. By hour 22, I was tired of puking and using my filthy toilet, and mustered up the strength to call and request my room be cleaned. Front desk response, "they have until 5pm to clean the rooms. (It was 3:30 in the afternoon when I called, and trust me the only day my room was cleaned before that time, was on my last day, and they were knocking at 11AM!).....Speaking of the bathroom, HUGE frustrating challenge to try to apply makeup in the bathroom or anywhere in the room because they have this mickey mouse recessed lighting over the sink (sink needed repair, woudlnt hold water so i couldnt hand wash fine washables, bummer). (I'd compare it to putting makeup on with a lit match) TUB - you had to literally reach across this 2ft tall/ft and half wide tile shelf that's wrapped around the tub, and use the grab bar on the far wall just to get inside the tub to take a shower! SHOWER head was so low, I had to scrunch down to take a shower. TOILET, leaked everytime you flushed it, and there was a whole lot of flushin' going on in my first 4 days! Used bath towels to dry it up several times a day. Yes early on, before I got sick, I called, and requested to pay for a room upgrade, to no avail. After the bad fish incident on night 2 of my 7 night stay, I was very leery of everything I ate. So much again for all inclusive, but there was NO WAY I was going to endure being sick again. Tried the bar nachos twice, chips were burnt beyond unbeleivable, but yet they were serving them! The salsa was beyond TASTELESS. Whaaat?! The service at this hotel sure isnt what it used to be even a few years ag - with the exception of a couple bartenders, Carlos and Javier, everyone else from the front desk, to the housekeepers to the food servers, was truly unwelcoming. I will never stay there again. The beach was also very rocky, ie you needed water shoes to go in the water. This just isnt Catalonia in Tulum or Coco LaPalm in Negril, boys and girls, so get ready for a 3rd rate vacation.

Room Tip: To choose a good room, do NOT get a single room, because of the tub/shower situation and very dimly lit bathroom. Also my room had a good ocean view, but every night there was a rotten fish smell coming in thru the AC vents, whether I had the AC on or not. Needed the AC every day, which worked very well.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Coronalicious

Dear Guest,

Thank you for take the time and shared your comments with us,

They are very important they help us to improve in the services that we offer.

One more time, thank you for your comments,

Best Regards.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the GCP 12/23-12/29. It was her first time out of the country and our honeymoon. First up, the airport. Very convenient and easy to navigate. Don't exchange your money at the airport as you will have a lower exchange rate and lose some to commission. We did have a HUGE problem with the sales people that hound you after you leave the main terminal. They con you into thinking you have to go talk to them for your transportation. DON'T BELIEVE IT! They are just sales men trying to get you to change hotels or book tours. Just keep your head down and walk straight through.

Second, the hotel. The hotel was very nice for the price. It's nothing fancy or upscale but you get a real "Mexican" feel when you're there. The rooms are average. But once again, this a fairly priced hotel and isn't fancy. The resort is adults only which is a very nice touch. If you miss the sounds of kids running around or peeing in the pool, you can walk to the sister hotel next door. The staff is really friendly and hard working. If this review was based solely on the staff, I'd give them 5 stars.

Thirdly, the food. The food was average. Not a lot of choices but the Bella Vista (outdoor patio eating) had a tremendous breakfast buffet and lunch options. For dinner, you can choose Salvador's or Paradise. DO NOT EAT AT SALVADOR'S! The service was not good, the atmosphere is terrible, and the food was awful. I highly recommend Paradise. It was a great dinner setting and the staff was amazing. The food was always good as well. Make sure you talk with Polly and request the "sexy coffee". Best thing at this resort....hands down. On another note, upon your check-in, they give you a ticket to eat at the sister hotel for one dinner. We ate at the Japanese restaurant and we were not impressed.

That about sums up the review of the GCP. Great place to stay on a smaller budget. My advice is to get our and explore the city. It is beautiful and has a lot to offer. The downtown Malecon boardwalk was really clean and fun to walk. And if you walk into any of the shops....BARTER, BARTER, BARTER.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor. Every room is an ocean view. Can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan A

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your shared your comments with us,

Your feedback are very important for us, they help us to improve our services.

We hope to see you soon again in this your home away from home.

Best regards.