I stayed at the GCP Oct 31/12 to Nov 10/12 with family.
The Golden Crown Paradise Resort(which is adults only) is located near the cruise ship dock in PVR and next to its sister hotel The Crown Paradise Club(which is the family resort). Staying at the GCP allows you to access all the facilities of the Crown Paradise but they are not allowed access to the adults only GCP.
I have stayed here many times and at many other hotels in PVR and other cities in mexico. It is an older hotel that has maintenance issues but have always loved the no buffet, no kids, and the familiarity of the staff.
This year, a new general manager has taken control and now they are starting to make changes. Many of the existing staff have been transferred to the hotel next door and staff relocated to the GCP. So many faces have changed and the new staff are not familiar with how things work. They have changed the reservation system for dinner. You phone a number getween 8am and 2pm and reserve the restaurant you want. They have bought new pool furniture which is a good improvement.
Another change this year has been to sell off the surplus rooms to groups of locals for conferences etc. It has made the hotel very full, very loud and some people have been obnoxious at times. They have also added a buffet in the courtyard (main restaurant) to this hotel which in the past was all a la carte.
This hotel is normally a quiet adults only hotel that skews older not younger. It is a relaxing hotel not a party hotel.
Being a repeat client, I was not impressed with the changes. The feel of being welcomed back by old friends gone and being crowded out was not why I went to this hotel. Add in it's maintenance issues, I will be finding a new hotel in PVR to go to next time.
It is not a bad hotel, and if you are a new guest, you might be very happy here.
By the way, no free wi fi, and it is very expensive if you want it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Crown Paradise All Inclusive Resort where our unmatched personalized and friendly service are a cut above the rest with a great location just 10 minutes from downtown and 15 minutes from the International Airport. As an adults-only all-inclusive resort, our focus is on pampering, tranquility, and rejuvenation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Golden Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Resort