we stayed from 8/4 to 8/10/2012 i always take a bit of time to write my reviews to make sure i am being fair and not over exagerated in my determinations.
1. airport arrival - run don't walk through the first zone of the airport these are all time share people trying to sell and are very persistant. they will try to pursuade you by stating they have your ride to the hotel do not listen to this your transportation is in the lobby and will be looking for you even if you arrive late.
2. hotel general appearance and service - check in was slow there was one person working the counter as otheres stood arounbd watching. once checked in we were sent to a hotel rep tha was to explain the details of our stay such as how to reserve the ala carte restaraunts, meal times, hotel amenities and such. they breezed through this and went right into the time share pitch. the lobby area looked clean and inviting and had a beautiful breeze blowing through it. our room was an ocean view on the 4th floor and had a spectacular view, the room it self was adequate though dated. the bathroom was in need of repairs the tub did not drain well even when showering. there was water damage on the ceiling above the shower and along the floors especially behind the toilet so the musty smell was explained. the paint on the balcony was chipped cracked and peeling on the surface of the hotel and on the wrought iron. the room was kept clean however and besides a towel issue. ( you have to leave your towels on the floor in a heap or they will not give you clean ones) as for the rest of the resort it was in much the same condition. a little paint woudl go a long way. the pool had a visible layer of scum around the tile edges as well as alot of missing tiles. service in general was slow to no existant we waited two days to have the tv remote brought and the tv fixed.
monday the resort was visited by upper management or the owners. it was funny to see how active all the staff became and even paint brushes being broken out. the pool area was actually cleaned before 9:00 (most mornings the pool area would still have empty drinks and food left around it) and the entire atmosphere improved. of course by the end of the week it was back to what we had arrived to.
3. food - the buffet was very repetitive
breakfast - a good variety and fresh made food including eggs to order
lunch - several locations on the property to choose from not bad but nothing stellar
dinner - buffet was okay the ala cartes where much better especially the asian inspired and salvadors
over all the food was okay the buffet did become repetitive with much the same menu throughout our stay and i know it's mexico but tacos every day?? and always the same variety .. and the meat in general leaves a lot to be desired the beef even the medallions of beef at salvadores was incredibly gristly with alot of connective tissue tough to eat, the chicken was the same.
4. the bars - these were okay once you learned how to order what you wanted. the drinks were on the low side of alcohol content but if you asked for a double or triple the staff would oblige. the top shelf stuff is there you have to look and ask they even had jack daniels and johnny walker! lots of your typical island style drinks.
5. the vendors - these people are relentless, a constant barage of hey senior or whistles to get your attention. they were not allowed on resort grounds but even from the far end of the pool we were harrased. you could tell one no thank you and the other three that where standing there would then trey to get you to buy. one even had the nerve to say thank you .. thank you for nothing as we were trying to get to our reserved dinner. once i ventured out to the beach it became even worse when you would turn down the wares they were offering then the offers to buy marijuana and cocaine would start. it's hard to imagine that the hotels can't control this a little more effectively. we have been to other resorts where a small village type setting is provided off grounds but close enough by that if you choose to go out and buy you can easily reach them, or they would set up certain nights the vendors could come in and display their wares.
6. the locals - there was not an issue with locals at the hotel for the most part everyone was well mannered and polite. there was a bit of a mismanagement issue with two younger gentleman who wanted to fight. one was clearly drunk and rather than ask him to go to his room or cut off the alcohol they let it continue to a boiling point.
overall we would not go back to this resort and or the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Crown Paradise All Inclusive Resort where our unmatched personalized and friendly service are a cut above the rest with a great location just 10 minutes from downtown and 15 minutes from the International Airport. As an adults-only all-inclusive resort, our focus is on pampering, tranquility, and rejuvenation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Golden Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Resort