To preface this review, it must be stated this was my wife and mine's first stay at an all inclusive resort and our first visit to Mexico, so we really have no other experience to compare with our own.
- The short of it -
- Staff is friendly and helpful, most speak very good english.
- We saw lots of maintenance work being done to the hotel while we were there, never interfered with our experience, I find it nice to see them actively working to make it a better and presentable, and since most of it is exposed outside I understandconstant elemental wear.
- Rooms are clean, bathroom nice, bed is firm but its personal preference, big clean bathroom, good TV but you can watch tv at home. They offer to bottle of water to every room every day, all water served is purified, do not drink tap water but that goes for the whole country.
- Pool and beach are nice, get to pool at 7am if you want a cabana, beach has plenty of cabana's for all, there are vendors but most are nice and understanding and often, being nice to them makes them be nicer to you in my experience, don't be afraid to barter.
- The food is good, try the sexy coffee at Paradise, dinner at the A La Carte restaurants is recommended every night, very delicious, get your moneys worth.
- Good variety of drinks, sometimes inconsistent in preparation but they free pour everything, never had anything that was way off base from how it was supposed to be or anything.
- We never participated in activities, though they do happen several times a day, they looked pretty fun,
- Nightly Entertainment is mostly dance, the nitro club has mostly uncomfortable seating to watch an hour show though, still a good show however.
- Read as much as you can about the resort and Puerto Vallarta in general so you know what to expect. See what they offer, they really do not try to mislead you(aside one picture which is not of this resort, just a mistake) what they say you get is what you get and they offer a few different types of rooms which include different levels of of amenities, if you expect something they don't ever say they offer it is really not the resorts fault.
- We loved it and will be back.
- The Long of it -
We married earlier this year and this trip was our honeymoon. After narrowly surviving the time share people at the airport we arrived at the hotel, were greeted with wet towels and speedily checked in. That said with the speed of check in they forgot to give us the bracelet which labels you all inclusive, but we still ordered drinks and were served food, before we noticed everyone else had them and the front desk rectified the situation, hassle free.
We found staff to be very friendly and helpful, be warned there will always be one person at the information desk right next to check in who is there to rope you into a time share presentation, but we never found them to be pushy(like the people at the airport) beyond telling us about the presentation, they accepted no thanks and we were on our way, Serving staff for drinks and food are equally helpful and in my opinion very good at there jobs.
The room was very nice and clean, 6th floor overlooking pool, beach and resort next door, with king size bed that was firm but comfortable(we slept well), bathroom larger than ours at home featuring a gorgeous shower, and 3 mirrors. Also I believe a 27 or 32" flat screen tv. They gave us the wrong remote, but I was not there to watch tv, and am more than capable of getting up to change a channel when I want to, however later in the week a a believe one of the housekeepers noticed the remote was wrong and gave us the proper one which was a nice surprise.
Pool and Beach
The pool area is nice, though wake up early if you want one of the few cabana's beside the pool because people tend to have there towels down reserving there spots by 7am, that said outside the cabanas there is plenty of space by the pool, and almost always an open cabana on the beach. Though if you are by the beach you will be bugged by vendors, we noticed that a single male will be bugged less than a couple, or females by themselves. Again though most were quite nice, and go away with a simple no thank you.
We found the food to be from good enough(The Snack Bar, The Breeze) to excellent(Salvadors, La Piazza next door) too almost to fancy for us (Paradise (you must try the sexy coffee from Paulie) I feel the menu is more for distinguished tastes, its good but will not be for everyone) to anyone who has read complaints about the casual restaurant food, it is what it is supposed to be, a quick meal no more no less, some if it really does shine but the stuff that doesn't is still worth finishing. Room service is prompt, we ordered it for breakfast 3 times, and probably about 7 times otherwise for snacks, one time it got lost and never came but I just ordered again and it came promptly within the 30 minutes they usually quote.
Drinks are good they offer a wide variety of liquor, which results in an endless selection of both on and off menu drinks with the exception of beer(Tecate is the only beer they offer its a lager, not great for a true beer lover(Real CRAFT beer) but for sitting by a pool on a hot day it suffices.) If bartender does not know how to make the drink you ask for but you know the ingredients they are usually able to accommodate and make it and often commit it to memory. They do not use shot glasses, so the drinks can sometime be a but inconsistent pending on how you like your mix to liquor ratio, if they are not right they tend to end up on the boozey side, but more liquor means higher value right? :P This is truely the only complaint we had, and it is very insignificant.
Upon getting home and reading some other reviews, I almost found myself offended at what others had wrote, because so many issues are not the hotels fault. First off internet is expensive, $6.50 an hour or $13 dollars a day, if you plan to use it often they do offer packages which discount the cost of usage just check the drop down menu on their intranet portal, a weeks use is $69 for unlimited access, which saves you $20, but hey its vacation, get off the laptop or cellphone and enjoy yourself, we are very wired people at home and enjoyed the break. Some people complain about the room not having a fridge, only one room type comes with a fridge, otherwise it is never stated the rooms have a fridge so it pays to actually read about the resort and your room, and the restaurants and dress codes. I never found one thing stated on their website to not be true. Finally this resort is in mexico, there are mexican people in Mexico, if this blows your mind or puts you off in some way, don't go.
We loved it, there are so many more positive things I would have liked to say about the resort but it would require a book publishing deal.
We loved it, we will be back and are currently trying to recruit friends to come with us, they have set the bar pretty high for our first all inclusive experience but we will have nothing to compare with until they lose our trust, we felt like family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Crown Paradise All Inclusive Resort where our unmatched personalized and friendly service are a cut above the rest with a great location just 10 minutes from downtown and 15 minutes from the International Airport. As an adults-only all-inclusive resort, our focus is on pampering, tranquility, and rejuvenation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Golden Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Resort