Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort
$273
$269
$184
  • Breakfast included
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$307
$257
  • Beachfront
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$423
$286
$168
$81
  • Breakfast included
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$129
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
$224
$123
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$242
$161
2,663 results
All reviewssky loungeswim up barnightly entertainmenta la carte restaurantinfinity poolclose to downtownpool sideactivities staffgreat vacationtime share presentationoverlooking the oceanhot dogsbeach areawater aerobicscevichecab rideresort
Reviewed April 8, 2010

I have been reading the reviews posted here. I have been to PV 3 times since 2002. Each and every time have been at the Plaza Pelicanos. No reason to stay anywhere else. Food is OK, breakfast being the best. Alcohol is included, drink my friends drink. Service there is fantastic. These wonderful people work hard....don't treat them like servants. They will and do go beyond for people.

2  Thank diamondseller
PelicanosManagement, Guest Services at Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2010

Dear Sir. or Madam;

We at Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort would like to THANK YOU for your positive comments!

Our main priority is always to give our customers an excellent service and make of their stay a wonderful vacation.

Cordially;

Reviewed April 3, 2010

My wife and two of our teenage children just returned from PV yesterday after a spring break stay at Plaza Pelicanos. Obviously we studied reviews before leaving and without getting too wordy, here is our collective opinions... First, we loved the fact that 80-90% of the guests were Mexican, on holiday during the Easter week. Everyone was friendly, and enjoyed practicing English and Spanish... Food was perfectly fine, breakfast especially good, we ate in town several evenings and didn't find a place that wasn't enjoyable. Staff was at times overwhelmed with the holiday crowd but always attentive and helpful. We had no issues with Grand vs. Club sections, we stayed in the Grand, but ended up spending much more pool time at the Club, since the activities were more 'fun' poolside and the area less crowded than the Grand - where people arrive at the pool early in the morning and 'save' the limited chairs by laying towels and personal affects on them, thereby reserving them. We had two rooms, both with nice ocean views, clean, regularly (daily if needed) service, and wonderful patio balconies. Construction at the new building between the Grand and Club sections was not at all loud or a bother at all. We participated in a 90-minute timeshare pitch and tour, and got shocking discounts on all-inclusive packages, activities and spa treatments for my wife and daughter. Our advice - spend the 90-minutes and get the $$$ huge discounts. Was not high-pressure and I dread these things! Taxi was a 5-minute ride to the Malecon, and only 50 pesos. Mega grocery store about 4 blocks away. Convenience store "OXXO" (7-11 like) a block away for forgotten razor, etc. Loved the stay at Plaza Pelicanos and intend to return again and again. Happy to respond to emails if you have questions.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank patinvirginia
PelicanosManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2010

Dear Sir. or Madam;

The staff of Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort would like to THANK YOU for your positive comments!

Cordially;

Reviewed March 28, 2010

I believe we were actually here in March 2005. This was my first trip to a warm destination, and the first trip that my wife and I took after our kids were born, so my memory is a bit skewed and perhaps overly positive. I've definately been to better resorts since, but there was something about Pelacanos that I really enjoyed. It seemed vast when we arrived, as we checked in at the lobby of one hotel, then walked across to the other hotel. We had a great view of the ocean, the grounds were very nice and all staff friendly. The pools were great, and one day there was a celebration on the beach with live music and dancing. We were there during easter, and went downtown to old PV when they carried the cross through the streets. We went on the Pirate Ship duing the day, a trip I recommend. Also, zip lining at the set of the Predator movie, also ok. The green and red chilis are the flavour I remember from Pelacanos, and the Pinata drinks. A good trip, though I would try other hotels in PV if we return, there are so many.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2010

Stayed in this hotel few days ago with my parents. Here is what you need to know:
Hotel has two sections "Grand" and Club" , in fact its two separate hotels with some distance between them and own food and entertaining programs. Be careful when you book-check what you get..
As for "Club" Section. by my mistake of booking this hotel and unawareness my parents ended up in Club section (i got a Grand). This hotel is not 4 or 3 star hotel- its 1 start hotel.
First of ALL..
FOOD: absolutely disgusting- choice is very little- almost nothing.. Some grouse fish everyday, sometimes chicken wings, white rice, mash potatoes.. thats it.. Never i've seen steak, beef or chicken breast... Once they offered pasta. and Breakfast, lunch and dinner all in same restaraunt.. I was very disappointed.. Hotel gives you 2 vouchers per stay for another sit-down restaurant: Italian and Sushi.. We went to Italian once.. and guess what: where were like 4 dishes of choice, 2 salads, 2 pizzas.. thats all..
Service: Hotel gave my parents 2 full bad room. So.. pretty much a couple had to sleep on this tiny bad. I asked them to change 2 days in row.. but was denied. they said there are no other rooms available.. even though its very hard to believe since hotel seemed pretty empty.
Hotel is next to huge construction site... while you laying next to pool you staring at this huge unfinished building.. Noise sometimes was unbelievably disturbing.. felt like falling rocks on your head.. thanks goodness i had ear plugs..
Rooms do not have fridge or hair dryer.. you have to ask for it
Room is very simple.. you cannot order any food into your room without paying for it...
Hotel does not have jacuzzi
If you staying in Club Section- you not allowed to go to GRAND. My parents were never able to come to my room.so most of the time i had to spend in Club Section.
Grand Section:
This sections is bit nicer... but food selection is not great easier.. Comparing this 4 star hotel to others one i stayed in my life.. its not 4 start.. around 3...
Grand Sec doesnt have beach.. so people go to Club Section. It cost extra $30 per night per person.. so if you stay for 6 nights.. its extra $360.. for this amount you can book nice 4 to 5 star all inclusive hotel..
This was my first trip to Puerto Vallarta...I went to Cancun for many years. and i like there way better.. City is very polluted and hard to breath.. unless you walked next to ocean..
Beach is separated by huge rocks in each hotel.. its impossible to make long walks on beach.
It is impossible to suntan on beach next to ocean.. because people that sell stuff bug you every 5 sec.. we had to stay next to pool...
Overall very unsatisfied with my vocation. i can say that it was one of my most frustrating vocations of my life

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Tanichka
Reviewed March 24, 2010

We stayed there for 2 weeks in January. Great meals, very friendly and courteous staff, very helpful and made us feel very welcome. When we checked in, we were given a room a few doors down from the bar on the main floor, right across from the kiddy/family pool and swim up bar. WRONG. It was very loud, boisterous and we were kept awake most of the night. They served alcohol until people basically couldn't stand any more. Rules around serving alcohol must be far different than in Ontario.
The room was very clean and we had maid service every day. We felt very safe in that neighbourhood, and it was accessible to everything. I wouldn't have wanted to stay any closer to the downtown area. Great security at the front, watching people come and go.
The live shows were good, but they were repeated a few times during our 2 weeks' stay.
We had 4 al a carte dinners for our 2 weeks' stay, which were ok, but nothing special.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank missariesOntario
PelicanosManagement, Guest Services at Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2010

Dear Sir. or Madam;

We at Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort would like to thank you for your positive comments and suggestions as well! Our main priority is always to give you an excellent service and make your stay a wonderful vacation.

Sincerely yours;