2,769 results
All reviews sky lounge swim up bar spring break nightly entertainment a la carte restaurant pool side great vacation time share presentation overlooking the ocean hot dogs water aerobics beach area cab ride ceviche resort pv mario
Reviewed January 27, 2010

We stayed at the Club section of the Pelicanos resort. The Grand section has another pool and more restuarants, however, the quality is all the same. We found the food was average and edible but nothing to write home about. Service was good, staff were helpful and friendly and no complaints there. Some negative points first........

Bar service in the pool was advertised as starting at 10am. However, it changed to noon then to 1pm on various days.

Not enough pool activities run by the resort staff. Even though advertised, some days there was nothing going on.

Club rooms only had a tv in them. No hairdryers, coffee makers, or even a clock radio!

A la Carte restaurants had a relaxing feel to them, however, they basically served the same quality food as the buffet. Which wasn't good.

Lots of construction around the resort. A 13 story building is being erected beside one of the pool areas. Construction noise going on early morning to 6pm Mon to Fri. Very annoying. This will be going on for at least another year.

Some positive points.......

Service was good.
Staff was friendly and helpful
Rooms were clean daily and on time

This resort was originally posted as a 4 star, however now downgraded to a 3.5 star. I would consider it a 3 star. It definitely needs an injection of cash to fix it up!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank superstar4772
PelicanosManagement, Guest Services at Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2010

Dear Sir. Or Madam;

We really appreciate your comments about your recent stay at Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort.

It is through the comments such as yours that we can continue to improve our services.

We look forward to welcome you back to our hotel where all the staff will do everything possible to make your stay a pleasant one.

Sincerely;
Guest Service

Reviewed January 25, 2010

Had a room in the club section on the main floor with my own little patio overlooking the pool area. Spotless room, sheets changed every day even though I put the placard provided on the bed not to change them as I found that superfluous and a waste of resources. Food tasty and abundant. Staff friendly.
A couple of aspects that could use improvement: Use of internet room costs 173 pesos per day which I did not partake in for just wanting to check my email messages for a few minutes.
A 500 ml bottle of water was provided in your room for the entire stay. Additional bottles could be purchased for 30 pesos at the front desk whereas the Oxxo convenience store a few minutes walk from the hotel sold full litre bottles for 8 pesos.
I did miss a little mini fridge in my room.
All in all considering the price I paid I have no complaints and would certainly come back.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank wimyvr
PelicanosManagement, Guest Services at Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2010

Dear Sir. or Madam;

The staff of Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort,would like to thank you for your comments of your recent vacations in our hotel. We really appreciate your suggestions, since it is very important for us to evaluate the areas of improvement.

It will be a pleasure for us to serve you once again on your next trip to Puerto Vallarta.

Cordially;
Guest Service

Reviewed January 23, 2010

Stayed at the Pelicanos Grand Section for a week. Nice hotel, friendly staff, good location. All- inclusive food is typical of other hotels we have stayed at. The only thing that was a disappointment was the 57 dollar ATM fee we received from the hotel ATM. The machine gives you American dollars which you then have to convert to pesos. Kind of a rip. We used a bank ATM after that... only a 5 dollar fee and they give you the best rate with no fee to convert to pesos. All in all, we had a great trip. PV is beautiful and the people are very friendly.

• Stayed: January 2010
PelicanosManagement, Guest Services at Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2010

We really appreciate your comments of your stay in Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort.

We have taken your suggestions very seriously, in order to offer the best service possible to our future guests.

We look forwad to welcome you once again on your next vacations at Puerto Vallarta.

Cordially;

Guest Services

Reviewed January 20, 2010

This was our third trip to PV and we enjoyed our stay at the Plaza Pelicanos Grand. The staff were so friendly and helpful. We checked in on Saturday and requested a room with a beach/pool view. On Sunday we were moved to another 2 bedroom unit - not in the Grand section - but it had a wonderful large balcony and view of the city and ocean. We tried one day of all inclusive. The food was pretty good but I think we would have been tired of it - if we had it for 7 days. The kitchens in our unit were very well equipped and the Mega grocery store is a quick and easy walk down the road. The beds were better than any of the Mayan resorts! :-) Not awesome but pretty comfortable and we slept well. We visited the spa for pedicures and manicures and it was very nice. Again, the staff (maid, bell service, reception, bar tenders and activities guys) were THE BEST. Fun and friendly. The pool and grounds are well kept and clean. The grand pool has comfy lounge chairs and tends to be peaceful / quiet. The other pools have fun music and louder activities. It's nice to be able to choose depending on your mood. I think some guests get frustrated as they book in the club section and can't cross to the grand section. For all of our travels, I've learned to read trip advisor before I reserve and honestly when I arrive I have a pretty good idea of what to expect - and that usually leads to a pleasant stay. Thanks!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lynnkid
Reviewed January 20, 2010

Once we were checked in, the consierge mentioned that we were going to get a phone call from someone at the resort to talk to us about the resort. Never got one. There weren't enough towels at the pool side. I had to go to reception to find out where I was able to get one. They gave directions to the other side of the resort only to find out that I needed ID. So i had to walk back to get my ID and back to get the towel. The room had Cockroaches. It was disgusting!! The Bathroom wasn't cleaned properly andI got really sick with the food. I wouldn't never go to his resort again!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family