“Plaza pelicanos”

Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort
Ranked #37 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Beautifully maintained family resort nightly entertainment and lots of activities around the pool
Good central location close to restaurants and shopping
Staff very helpful and friendly
Family friendly resort no hard sell timeshare

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Write a ReviewReviews (2,579)

Reviewed April 8, 2014

When I book a vacation I want to be on vacation not hounded for time shares (pardon me Getaways) from the minute you check in the concierge is on you and my first reaction was wow how nice, she can tell me about things to do while visiting Puerto Vallarta. How true was that but not only did she tell me about the excursions but how I could have a special breakfast and meet with a resort rep to discuss the benefits of a membership. I said no thank you I just want info on excursions not time shares, but like all time shares it is but sir, no thank you, but sir, no thank you, but if you only. I SAID NO, and get up and walk away. Later that night a call to my room from the night concierge. Good evening sir my colleague said you had expressed interest in joining us for breakfast and to find out more about our getaway membership. No you are mistaken. But sir, I hung up...

I wish they would have said that this place is a time share and you will be hounded...
The food was the same thing every day for breakfast and lunch. The À la Carte was ok changed themes every night but small portions and you end up going to the snack bar to fill up.
Pool area was great pool staff were awesome front desk, bell staff and cleaning staff were great
We stayed Friday to Friday. On the Monday, the main restaurant area was closed for the remainder of our time there as it was under construction that started early in the morning and ended when the sun went down.
Overall this wannabe 4 star hotel was a 2.5 at best

Room Tip: Garden View Room was of the Wall Separating our resort and the resort next door Pools side Room ha...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Joe S
Reviewed April 6, 2014

the motel itself rooms and all need a huge makeover mold growing everywhere our room smelt bad they never changed the bedding it was wet and had sand in it grose!! the rest of the resort was very nice

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Roberto C
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Arrived at 10:30 and had to wait until noon to start the all-inclusive. The water in our room was cold our entire stay. TV didn't work. Mini bar had two 6-oz beers that were restocked every other day. Buffet food was marginal at best. Did not appreciate the hard sell on time share property during my vacation. Would not recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sally M
Reviewed April 5, 2014

This is the second time my friends and I have stayed at the Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort and we love it!
I have never met a freindlier staff anywhere and this hotle is very, very clean and comfortable. A short cab ride from downtown PV, its a great location.
We especailly enjoyed seeing our freind Salvador again. We met him 2 years ago when we were at the hotel and he was like an old friend by the end of our week long trip...ditto for this time! We also enjoyed meeting Alondra who was a blast and very freindly and entertaining.
Also want to throw a shout out to our servers and bartenders, Victor, Fabien and Israel who were fantastic and kept the drinks ( and agua when we needed it it) flowing!
We are thinking of coming back for Thanksgiving this year with 20 of our closest freinds!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I loved the place but be prepared for children...ugh. The location, price, and bar options were very nice....you get what you pay for. Not thrilled that I left souvenirs at the hotel and now they are lost forever. I would stay here again, as I now know what to expect. Puerto Vallarta is a great place to go with children.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2014

There was a great experidnce been with you, I hope i could received more promotions like this, I really enjoyed my stayed at your hotel.All the personal was very kind. There is no incrementals to share at this moment. l

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends