2,769 results
All reviews sky lounge swim up bar spring break nightly entertainment a la carte restaurant pool side great vacation time share presentation overlooking the ocean hot dogs water aerobics beach area cab ride ceviche resort pv mario
Reviewed May 10, 2012

If you want extravagant, you should stay somewhere else. I will say that the influx of locals to the pool everyday was a bit annoying. However, Gabriel and his staff did all they could to accomodate our wishes. We requested a move to the Grand from the Beach Hotel to get a bit more space but the same locals problem existed at the pool there too. However, we were in Mexico so hard to get mad that other Mexicans were there. Our room had an incredible view and was huge (we had a two bedroom suite). The location is great. An easy taxi ride to downtown and an easy walk to stores, other places to eat, and even Gold's gym which I used trying to work off the tacos. The bar at the top of the 8th floor (sky lounge) was an incredible place to catch the sunset and have a drink every night. There were cabanas that many hotels would charge for set up for free use. There were kayak rides every morning which my wife went on. Puerto Vallarta is such an awesome city that I wouldn't want to sit around a hotel all week(day and night) anyways. So overall I'd rate this a good hotel based on price, location, friendliness of staff, rooms (at least mine), and activities.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Darren N
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I stayed at Plaza Pelicanos Grand Resort for 7 days, (4/28-5/5) exchanged my time share for this location. I had a great time. I don't travel with huge expectations of being treated like a king or that I was staying at the Four Seasons, like is seems some that have review might expect. I go with the expectation that the staff will be nice and accommodating, the room and grounds clean and that I will enjoy myself. It's a vacation resort, of course there are going to be families and kids. I am a single guy that went with a friend, stayed in a 2 bedroom and it was great! The staff was really, really accommodating. Rooms cleaned every day. I wish I could remember the young ladies name that initially helped us, she was great and always had a smile on her face the entire 7 days I was there. Mario was great at the reception desk as well. Always smiling and willing to help with directions and recommendations. I have been to many Marriott's through my time share and I love staying at them, they very nice aesthetically, but they are very sterile and the staff a bit mechanical. Met many very nice people staying at the resort and the locals were nice to chat with as well. No complaints and will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Any room where you can see the Ocean is great!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank alan90802
Reviewed April 23, 2012

just returned from this resort last saturday and i have to admit the resort was acceptable. rooms where clean, food was fairly good, hotel staff was very helpful, location was good but...... the influz of locals was more then terrible. the pool area was so saturated with locals i felt like i was at the city public pool..... i will never stay at this resort again. Also, the timeshare presentation was reasonable but don't fall for the City Tour free gift and please please don't ever consider buying the tour. it is strictly a "shopping tour" and they lasso you into very high priced shopping areas and limited dining choices.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank zukachicks
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We stayed here for the week of Easter. We found out soon after arriving that Easter break is one of the main vacation times for Mexicans. For this reason the resort was CROWDED with many families. Mid morning there were no tables at the buffet. The pool bar became a mess. The liquor was not name brand unless a premium was paid above the all inclusive price. We went to both restaurants and enjoyed the Italian very much. There is no wine here except the "house" white and red. Food was available all day long, but tables were hard to come by at busy times. Our room was HUGE. We booked a two bedroom suite for two adults and one child. We could've easily accomodated 8 people. There were three bathrooms, a living area and kitchenette, and two balconies! The furniture needs updating. Housekeeping was thorough and replenished everything daily, even if it wasn't used, including bottled water. We did leave them at least a 20 peso tip daily. Also, very trustworthy as we often left other money out and nothing ever came up missing. There is a grocery store nearby. It was disappointed that room service ended at 6 pm. Also, the hallways were very noisy up til about 3am. The staff was very friendly and accomodating and did their best to meet our needs. The beach is small and the vendors relentless there and everywhere else. The taxis are inexpensive and all the drivers we encountered were very friendly. We loved Puerto Vallarta and would stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Christi S
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I've been staying for 7 days at Plaza Pelicanos Grand. The stay was really nice and so are the staff, thank you Manuel Canales for your excellent customer service, Martin, Panfilo, Miguel, Aldo, Rene and the rest of the staff, at the end I was sorry to leave.

The room was clean and quiet (couldn't hear a noise). The bathroom was also very clean. Thanks to Narcisa.

The bed was one thing that if I could take it home, I would have done it. Hard in the right places and comfortable....

Very rich and tasty breakfast, real orange juice, I loved the scramble eggs,and I found the best around. With each breakfast I became more spoiled.

Pool area was clean and beautiful.

Beach was small and in the afternoon was no beach because the high tide

Very convenient location. Close to down town, marina, mall.

We had a wonderfull vacation....

Angela