2,749 results
All reviewssky loungeswim up barspring breaknightly entertainmenta la carte restaurantpool sidegreat vacationtime share presentationoverlooking the oceanhot dogswater aerobicsbeach areacab ridecevicheresortpvmario
Reviewed April 8, 2011

Stayed at the 'Club' section 3rd week of March, it was great. Would probably try a different resort in the future but PV is so beautiful you really can't be too hung up about where your staying - go out and explore! My bf and I are not picky travelers but we have to admit the food was not that great, but that said there's something for everyone. Breakfast we stuck to omelets. Nachos, burgers and fries were fine for lunch and their fruits are pretty good. I think buffet closes around 11pm, no biggie there's an OXXO(convenience store) down the street for late nite snackers. There was a big bbq one night - very very good! Staff is great everyones pretty friendly and they all work very hard. Bar closes at 1am, they are not stingy with drinks - second cup at your table before you finish your first. Sidenote: the wine is horrible! Location was great, close walk to just about everything. The rooms are fairly large (we had 1king bed), but the bathrooms are very tight. Our room didn't have an iron or dryer but I'm sure we could have asked for them. The beach/ocean is just off of the second pool, very beautiful at night. 50peso cab ride to the Malecon/boardwalk - fun fun fun! also beautiful at night. Theres a walmart in the opposite direction - short cab/bus ride. All in all we had an amazing time and woiuld go back in a heart beat but would like to check out a different resort just to see what else is out there. We really wanted a room on a high floor with a balcony but were mistakenly looking at pictures of the 'Grand' section - there is a big difference so make sure you know which you're booking. PV is absolutley beautiful, hard to focus on mediocre food/minor amenities when your in such a gorgeous city. Happy Travels!!

Room Tip: Ask politely - awsome front desk staff.
5  Thank Liyah54
Reviewed April 5, 2011

We stayed in a unit of the Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort that was located south of the new Sunset Plaza Hotel. Another part of the resort is located north of Sunset Plaza Hotel - so check to see which location you are planning to stay at.

Our timeshare unit was equipped with a nice kitchen so we did not need the all-inclusive plan. You can walk to nearby grocery stores or take buses. - we recommend Sorientos just north of the resort.

Our balcony was small and could use upgrading but the room had been renovated (to 3 or 4 star level) and was spacious. We loved the ocean and pool view.

The signature item of this resort is the roof top lounge area with a wonderful view and jacuzzis. We dont know why more people werent taking advantage of the sunset views but we sure appreciated the beauty and tranquility.

The pool is kept at a nice temperature and there is a swim up bar. The best part is a small infinity pool that overlooks the ocean. The resort offers cushiony pool-side lounge chairs and cabanas.

We asked about getting reservations to the nightly themed dinners at the restaurant, but the restaurant staff were geared toward the all-inclusive guests and ignored us.

We appreciated the champagne orange juice upon our arrival and suspected timeshare approaches but it wasnt pushy. Well done!

1  Thank ILoveHawaiiToo
Reviewed April 3, 2011

Just the facts…
We got a great deal! Stayed on the Club side. Grand "side" is an entirely different building across the street.
Pools were smaller, but nice and well kept.
Staff was awesome!! (Even the encounters with the front desk were pleasant) Mario was the best bartender ever!
Room was outdated, musty, and I found mold spots. Fine for somewhere you only planned on sleeping.
No fridge in room. You receive 2 bottles of water. Anything more than 2 you buy from the front desk.
Only sheets on the bed upon arrival (and froze the first night). I left a note and tip for housekeeping and they supplied us with warmer blankets.
Food was average at best. We are not picky eaters, but hoping to find one thing you would like sometimes proved to be difficult.
No room service.
Booze tasted watered down. We stuck to beer for most of the trip.
Bathtub was not long enough for you to sit in and extend your legs fully. Shower was fine.
Around 200 locals were shuttled in Friday night through Sunday morning. I didn’t find that to be a problem. They were for a getaway and behaved as such.
You get 2 “passes” to the specialty restaurant during your stay. Italian restaurant had a great view. Food was just okay.
You could hear everything from in the room. We slept with the TV on night to mask some of the noise at night and cleaning crew in the morning.
Accessible to the bus route. My husband was hesitant to travel by bus, but became more comfortable after the first trip. Super easy!
The most uneasy part about the trip was that we were put in a room that had connecting rooms. Upon further inspection we found that the door between the rooms did not lock!!! I requested to have the door locked, but this did not happen. This made me feel extremely uneasy.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Apie0402
Reviewed April 2, 2011

This resort i NOT at all what it states!! it is NOT a beach front resort..it is NOT a 4 star resort..more of a 2 and the buffet is NOT at all appealing.. the buffet reminded us of.. vegas vacation the buffet with the sign changing!! not at all to go back..very not great/good experience for a first time trip and will NEVER go back.. HORRIBLE!!
I agree with the bugs in the rooms too!! and old and broken safes..beds are hard and short!!
as mentioned..do your research before booking.. a 4 star that is actually a 2 star!!
Also..NOT a 24 hour all inclusive as described!! only open hours till midnight/one..and open at 7am

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank motonda
Reviewed March 23, 2011

Me and wife along with my brother and sister in law stayed at the Club section from March 18- 22. Our stay was decent but we experienced some set backs, First, be warned that when you arrive at the airport there will be many people trying to offer you deals of the many attractions that the Island has to offer. My advice is avoid them, they are trying to sell time shares to many of the hotel locations. Do not give them any cash for deposits!!!! The cabs from the airport to the Plaza are 60 pesos (do not pay more).

When we arrived to hotel we where greeted by the hotel bag man, who was very helpful and nice. After arriving to rooms (247 & 249) we where plenty pleased. The rooms are simple and nice. One word of advice, check and make sure your safe works properly. Both of ours was not working, but was fixed very promptly. Now here comes the set back... 15 minutes into our stay my IPhone was stolen from my room. I was very upset, and the hotel management was alerted. In the end I did not receive my phone back but I did receive the money for my phone.

As far as the hotel staff and food, they are excellent. The employees in the eatery are very helpful and giving, The food is decent (sick to the burgers and the fruit). They offer fresh omelets for breakfast which are good. They have Corona on tap and are not stingy with at all.

The pool and beach are nice, the pool that is located across the street from the hotel has beds that look over the ocean which is very nice. For real delicious food you have to leave off the resort (which is safe). We ventured into downtown to shop and eat. The prices on the jewelry and "nick nack" items are very affordable. There is a place called Pipis that is located downtown that has the best Mexican food ever. The cab ride downtown cost us 50 pesos.

A couple things that I recommend is the Jet Ski Adventure and The Rhythm of the Night. They are the best experiences of my trip. If you have any questions, you can contact me at cerrome_oatman@yahoo.com

2  Thank coatman48234