4,747 results
All reviews kids club rifle shooting lobby bar time share bunk beds nightly shows italian restaurant rock climbing hot dogs family resort huge pool garden view a la carte restaurants musty smell grounds are beautiful marina area all inclusives
Selected filters
Reviewed April 1, 2019 via mobile

Check-in time is anywhere between 3-5pm. We waited 2+ hours for our room. We were told we have to wait maybe another 2 hours for our room with a king size bed, no exact time guarantee. Not impressed by this 4.5 star rated Hotel. The hotel is dated but clean on the surface. Rooms are cleaned daily but the bed sheets are never changed unless you ask. Got a great room on the second day overlooking the courtyard and the city. Although the AC was on all the time, a couple of days later, the room smelled damp. The wall by the washroom showed a poor attempt of dampness repair. Some restaurant staffs have performed their duties above others like Jose. Samuel was worst. The food was ok and they became repetitive after a while. Asian and Italian dinners didn't seem too authentic. For an all inclusive resort, there's not enough restaurants, night clubs, entertainment and things to do.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2019

Nice smaller friendly resort, friendly staff and an older character resort. Very clean, maid service daily. Wheelchair accessibility and elevators. Close to Airport and Marina, we even seen a whale off shore.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
1  Thank Voyage34394768733
Reviewed April 1, 2019

We had an amazing experience at Melia Puerto Vallarta. Great location! Close to the marina. Love the Bali bed. Great kids club. This location is very good for family. Great family rooms for large fam.

Room tip: Always check for bed bugs. Need new Mattresses.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

It’s always difficult for me to leave a accurate review for hotels because I usually rent an apartment while traveling and quite honestly I don’t spend a lot of time in the room. This year my intentions were different and I want looking for something that would cater to my idea of a lazy vacay and this is why I decided to stay at an AI. I was hoping for a nice clean environment with some entertainment, beach, pool, nice grounds and good food...well let me tell you what i feel i received...
Location. I loved the location. Directly across from the marina, 5 mins to the airport and about 15 mins by car to old town. It was really easy to get a bus or taxi and it was a short walking distance to all kinds of shops and restaurants. Nice quiet area with houses and hotels. Well lit at night for walking around. For me the location was perfect.
Service and staff. Everyone was very nice and i feel the service was great. No complaints in this area.
Rooms. I had an ocean front room. On the second level. The shower and sink were slow to drain but we always had hot water. The room definitely had a moldy smell but this seems to be a common problem in hot humid climates. The beds were comfy and the balcony was great for morning coffee and watching sunsets. It is definitely in need of some tlc and a really good cleaning but honestly I was ok with the room.
Grounds beach and pool. This is a pretty small AI and therefore the grounds are small too. I actually preferred this as everything was close by. The grounds are clean and well manicured. The beach was small but clean, uncrowded and people were in swimming. The pool also was nice. No complaints about this part.
Food. For me this is where everything went downhill. The food was really bad. It was the same thing everyday. It was mushy and tasteless. I still can’t understand why they can’t improve this. The ingredients used are fresh and beautiful but then they are massacred in the preparation and cooking. Buffet temperatures were questionable and I was not surprised to hear some people got food poisoning. The chef really needs some refreshment training. Huge improvement could easily be made with an inspired chef de cuisine (which shouldn’t be hard to find in an area full of great restaurants). And thank god for that because I basically ate most of the meals out at some great local spots. So would I return here? Maybe...if the price was right, but I wouldn’t pay for the all inclusive option as Vallarta has too many great inexpensive food places that should not to be missed.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Y5048UKpaulal
Reviewed March 30, 2019

We stayed at the Melia Puerto Vallarta from March 1-15. We booked a garden view room and were very happy with our room because it had a beautiful ocean view (Room #1701). Our maid did a great job and kept our room clean and mini-fridge stocked. Having coffee on the balcony in the mornings, while watching the sunrise, was a highlight.

The grounds of this resort are beautiful! We enjoyed walking by the ponds because you never knew what kind of bird, iguana, turtle or fish that you would see. The pathways are nicely shaded and very serene.

We were quite happy with the food. We usually had breakfast at the main buffet. Sometimes there were line-ups but they moved very quickly. For lunch and dinner, we usually went to La Palapa. There was quite a large selection of choices. Lunches were usually pasta, pizza, hamburgers and salads. Dinners alternated with different themes. One of our favorites was the Oriental night. We went to the Italian a la carte a few times and also the Mexican a la carte.

Drink service at the beach and pool was very good. They made a very good Caesar, banana daiquiri, dirty monkey, etc. We never had an issue finding a spot in the shade around the pool or on the beach.

We also enjoyed the numerous activities offered: archery, rifle shooting, batting cage, rock wall climbing and ping pong. Activities staff Tatiana and Raul were so out-going and friendly.

The marina is a short walk away offering many restaurant choices, a Thursday night market and even crocodile sightings.

We took the bus into downtown P.V. which was inexpensive (10p.), air-conditioned and very close and convenient. No need to take taxis into town.

We had numerous whale sightings from the beach, along with some dolphin sightings.

Negative: On our departure day, we had a late night flight and it was such a hassle at check-out time. We checked out at noon and were told that they would cut off our all-inclusive bracelets and we would have to pay extra if we wanted to eat or drink anything. We argued that we paid for a 14-day all-inclusive package through Sunwing and our Sunwing rep had told us that we would have full all-inclusive privileges until our bus picked us up at 8:30 p.m. This was not the case though. They then agreed to extend our privileges but only until 5:00 p.m. We waited in the lobby for 3 ½ hours until our bus pick-up. Not a great way to end our holiday. The Melia needs to accommodate guests who are travelling on packages with odd flight times. After spending such a wonderful vacation for two weeks it was a strange way to end the stay. This is the only time that the customer service failed!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple