We visited the resort May 1 - 8, 2010. I was a little nervous about the resort, since we got a great deal online. From the moment we got there, expectations were exceeded. We got there very early, but were able to leave our baggage in a secure area and cruise the resort. The resort was clean and the staff very friendly and courteous. Every staff member spoke to us or smiled a greeting. Manual, Omar, Benjamin and Diego did an outstanding job at the swim up pool bar. They poured rail, but had no problem reaching up for the premium, should you request. By day two, they knew what we drank and/or preferred at what time of day... great! I also found them to be very patient with the children who wanted a smoothie. Let's talk kids.. Ours are grown. I was a bit aprehensive about the kids. The resort did a terrific job of entertaining them and they were no more present than any other resort would see that was not exclusively adult. Food: For the most part, it was good. Plenty of variety and well heated. By day 4, we really wanted a steak or fried chicken. Going into downtown to the flea markets is a must. 7 Pesos, take the bus to Centro. We also went to Meslamoya and visited the tequila distillery and had a great lunch at El Patio with Jorge. He was off work when we finished our meal, so he offered to take us home. We accepted and he stopped several times so we could take pictures. The oceanfront room was wonderful. Sometimes the music from the lobby bar was a bit loud, so we closed the door. The beach was a bit disappointing, small and brown sand. Not the bleach white, crystal blue we are used to from the Carribean Mexico side. If you get a chance, come to Melia. It is a fun time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the best of Mexico from the moment you enter Meliá Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive. This complex four-star luxury under the concept All Inclusive, has 318 rooms and suites and offers guests a variety of dining options and recreational activities perfect whether you're looking for a romantic getaway, a family vacation, or planning a corporate meeting. Overlooking Marina Vallarta, in one of the most exclusive and serene neighborhoods in Puerto Vallarta, just 5 minute ride from the airport or 10 minutes to the town center and a chip shot walk to the 18 hole/ 72 par Marina Vallarta Golf Club. The property has a timeless, tropical charm thanks to large, open, airy communal spaces, serene eco-friendly gardens (alive with iguanas, ducks, coy, birds) and wide-open water views. Traveling with children? Meliá Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive is a family friendly hotel offering baby-sitting services led by trained and certified baby sitters. The Kids & Co Clubs are available for children from 4 months to 11 years old. Kids activities include arts and crafts, billiards, Ping-Pong, foosball, arcade games, and more. Attention: TOBACCO SMOKE-FREE HOTEL IN GUEST ROOMS, ROOM BALCONIES AND ENCLOSED AREAS. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sol Melia Puerto Vallarta