My boyfriend and I were looking for an all inclusive resort with lot's to do. We picked the melia over an adults-only resort because we wanted more action. And action we found! I would not recomend this hotel for coulples looking for quite, low key and away from it all.
I loved the location. It wasn't on the main drag, but right on the beach and across the street from the marina. the marina is beautiful and and has wonderful shops, spas and restaurants. the marina is a wonderful location and very peaceful, the perfect escape from the rather lively resort.
Each day there is different series of events. even stuff for adults like parties on the beach and trips to the local clubs. We took full advantage of the tennis courts, kayaks, climbing wall and the open bar.
The rooms were lovely. We were the in April so I don't think we expereinced the exrteem heat and the moldy smell some complained of. The room was airconditioned, the bed comfortable, the bathroom appropriate and all kept very clean. We had a kind sized bed and had a couch and chairs along with chairs on the balcony, it was very comfortable. But, when i peaked into the rooms that had two queen beds and bunk beds (those for families) it seemed terribly cramped (the rooms for 6 people where the same size as the room my boyfriend and i shared with a single king.
We had a great time. it was the perfect balance of romance and activity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the best of Mexico from the moment you enter Meliá Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive. This complex four-star luxury under the concept All Inclusive, has 318 rooms and suites and offers guests a variety of dining options and recreational activities perfect whether you're looking for a romantic getaway, a family vacation, or planning a corporate meeting. Overlooking Marina Vallarta, in one of the most exclusive and serene neighborhoods in Puerto Vallarta, just 5 minute ride from the airport or 10 minutes to the town center and a chip shot walk to the 18 hole/ 72 par Marina Vallarta Golf Club. The property has a timeless, tropical charm thanks to large, open, airy communal spaces, serene eco-friendly gardens (alive with iguanas, ducks, coy, birds) and wide-open water views. Traveling with children? Meliá Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive is a family friendly hotel offering baby-sitting services led by trained and certified baby sitters. The Kids & Co Clubs are available for children from 4 months to 11 years old. Kids activities include arts and crafts, billiards, Ping-Pong, foosball, arcade games, and more. Attention: TOBACCO SMOKE-FREE HOTEL IN GUEST ROOMS, ROOM BALCONIES AND ENCLOSED AREAS. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sol Melia Puerto Vallarta