“Absolutely Wonderful!!!”

Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive
Ranked #48 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Was very fortunate to spend 6 fantastic days at Melia. Staff were extremely helpful, kind, friendly. They couldn't do more to make you feel welcome and important. The food was very flavorful, well presented, plentiful. Hotel is very clean, safe, nice decor and well located amid other stores, restaurants, etc which are within walking distance. Activities and shows were pleasantly entertaining. Drinks were flowing quickly. Bartenders always with smiles and whipping up cocktails at a blink of an eye. Huge swimming pool with nice swim up bar, water basketball and volley ball or if you prefer lying under a palapa on the beach. Also, a nice kiddie pool which was seperate from adult pool. I hated leaving. I have travel around the world and have not yet met a more friendly and hospitable enviornment.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank AdrianaTF
Servici0_al_Huesped, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you so much for let us know your experience in Meliá Puerto Vallarta. Definitely comments like yours are our goal, thank you for giving us the oportunity to serve you in your recent stay in Puerto Vallarta. Theres nothing more pleasent that read your comments and know that we became an important factor for your vacation.

We'll be waiting for you with open arms!

Guest Experience Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,898)

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed there for 5 days. The hotel is not new but is pretty nice.
One thing I didn't enjoy is the music at the pool, it's from the 90's and it might need an update. The food and beverages are great.
I rate my overall experience as good.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank dariogprado

Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to write and letting us know your comments about your recent stay with us. Thanks for your feedback, these help us to give better service to you and all our guests.

We hope see you soon in your next visit to Puerto Vallarta.

Saludos Cordiales,

Guest Experience Manager.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The hotel is pretty good. I thought the service and food was pretty good for an all inclusive place. I stayed a week and they had enough variety to make sure the meals didn't get old. It did not include top shelf drinks. The staff were nice and accommodating. I had a room on the M level floor with an ocean view and it was a great view. No complaints there. The actual resort has the open feel and is somewhat dated. It could stand some upgrading, but nothing really glaring. Just dated in some places. The spa service was actually outstanding. I had the best massage in life in this hotel. I wanted to bring that lady back in my luggage. I also left my phone in the room and it was turned in and mailed back to me. That speaks to the character of the workers at the place.

Being able to workout while on vacation is a big thing to me and that workout room was just not up to par. The treadmills and other equipment was in poor shape. Usable, but barely. That's really the main reason for a 3 star rating vs. 4 star. The resort is also very, very kid friendly. It's not so bad if you like the kids and need them to be occupied. For someone like me, it was annoying at times.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Goodnamesrgone

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. Definitely, your comments help us to improve some areas in the hotel, you can be assured that we will be following up on your points. Again, thank you so much for letting us know your comments and serve you in your recent stay in Puerto Vallarta.

Kind Regards,

Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stayed for two weeks. The staff are very friendly...Benjamin and Angel (servers) by the pool are awesome. Adrianna and Teresa in the restaurants went above and beyond. Clean rooms, clean property,but the beach is a little small. Nice location as it was easy to get down town PV. Pool is nice with a swim up bar. Family friendly.

Room Tip: Ocean front...building one
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Cheryl T
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I spent 5 days in this hotel and was very disappointed of the service level I received. First they offer "sea view" rooms that where not facing the sea at all. The number of waiters they have is not enough for the number of tourists they host. Almost none of the staff have any skills to serve customers, they seem not to care for any customer dissatisfaction.
Additionally, the food and drinks are not so good.
I have stayed in Melia hotels before, but this experience was very dissapointing, I don't think I will stay in a Melia again.

Room Tip: Make sure they explain what they call "sea view"
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank alfonsopgc
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Nice little resort. Key word is little, which also makes it manageable. Staff is helpful. Property is clean. Rooms are clean and nice, but nothing above average. Buffet is sub-par - not really a good selection of food compared to other all inclusives. Pool area is really nice with a swim up bar. No hot tub. Beach area is nice, but small. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Very nice location and easy to get into downtown or the city.

This is a very family (kid) friendly resort. Activities are geared towards to the kids also. We would recommend it for families with kids, but if you are going on an adults only trip, you may want to avoid.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank purplefin
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The staff are very friendly and always willing to help. Very attentive staff in all the restaurants and always great service. We arrived Christmas afternoon. The travel agent booked through Apple Tours. We were shuttled in a van from the airport to the hotel. We got our rooms and then went to check the place out. The resort is bit run down and showing age and wear, but the grounds are beautiful. Our room looked nice, but there was this strange smell and there were a few issues with it. First off, the refrigerator did not work too well. We had terrible water pressure with the hot water and too much with the cold water. It seemed like we never had hot enough showers unless we left the cold water off...then we had not pressure. Probably the biggest problem with the room was the toilet. We had to have it plunged one to two times every day during our stay. The next morning we got a call from one of the "vacation planners" (I am not sure what they are called). She told us to come to her as early as possible so she can tell us about the resort and what there is to do. So we went to see our "vacation planner" and it turned out that it was just a time share or some type of vacation ownership package they were selling. For the next two day, I was pressured every time I went by the area. Did not like this at all! I didn't like the dinner reservation system at all! I didn't like that I could not make a reservation until 9 am the morning the day before I want to dine in one of the 3 restaurants. The food in all three of the restaurants were very tasty but not the best quality. The presentation was beautiful. I wasn't a big fan of their desserts. I don't think I will stay at this resort again should I return to PV.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple