My husband and I had a pleasant trip to the Melia Resort. It's an older resort, but it is well-maintained and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff are wonderful and very friendly and they go out of their way to assist you. The food is good and there is a great family fun atmosphere.
The only downside was our experience with Club Melia. Upon check-in and after a lengthy journey, we were directed to an individual who would introduce us to the amenities of the resort. BEWARE - the primary purpose of this introduction is to sign you up for a one-on-one sales session to their club (kind of like a timeshare). If you do not wish to join, persist and tell them you are not interested. Unfortunately we got caught up in the guilt trip, "oh I need this to make money to support my family" and we agreed to attend the sales meeting. The meeting occurred 2 days later and was a passive aggressive sales pitch. We kept saying no and after 2 hours, of which we will never get back, we walked away without signing up. We were supposed to get a free massage and tour for our time but these gifts required us to provide a credit card number and our birth dates. We were not willing to do this so we did not get the gifts. Overall, this experience was a dark shadow on our vacation.
Vacationers are confronted with timeshares sales wherever you go in Mexico. Don't let this discourage you from taking a vacation, just be prepared to say no because many of the resorts have formed "clubs" and you will be asked for a "few minutes of your time".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Marina Vallarta, one of the most exclusive and quiet areas of Puerto Vallarta, a four star luxury hotel just 5 minutes from the airport or 10 minutes from downtown. Just a short walk from the 18 hole, par 71 Marina Vallarta golf course. 318 rooms in a vast tropical sanctuary on the beautiful bay of Banderas, ideal for a family vacation. Gazebos facing the ocean, the place is perfect for photographing perfect sunsets over Puerto Vallarta. Nightly themed dance shows live, from traditional retro style dances to traditional ones performed by the hotel's own dancers. Where is Puerto Vallarta? Located on the beautiful Pacific coast of Mexico, with an international airport and a seaport, it is one of the most popular tourist destinations. Romantic ocean views ready for your special occasions. Experience the best Mexican experience from the moment you enter Melia Puerto Vallarta. This all-inclusive, 4-star luxury resort offers its guests a variety of dining options and perfect leisure activities, whether for a romantic getaway, a family holiday or a corporate meeting. The property has a timeless tropical charm, thanks to the large open spaces and spacious, peaceful ecological gardens (full of iguanas, ducks, coy, birds) and wide sea views. The hotel has been designed by architects Oriol Bohigas and Joseph Martorell, authors of other projects such as the Olympic Village and the Olympic Port of Barcelona. The ingenious climate-focused design allows you to enjoy Puerto Vallarta's climate all year round. Are you traveling with children? Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive is a family-friendly hotel offering babysitting services with trained and certified professionals. Children's activities include crafts, billiards, table tennis, table football, arcade machines and more. Attention: FREE TOBACCO SMOKE-FREE HOTEL IN CLOSED AREAS: Melia Puerto Vallarta is concerned about the environment and as part of its Sustainable Tourism program, offers its guests and associates a smoke-free environment in all our rooms, theater, Lobby, restaurants, elevators, hallways of rooms and in some open areas delimited by the Hotel. This strictly non-smoking room is charged a room cleaning fee of $ 200.00 USD for guests who violate the "smoke-free" policy. For all visitors who smoke, hotel puts at your disposal assigned areas in the pool area, motor lobby and public beach. Ask for the map with the designated smoking areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sol Melia Puerto Vallarta