My husband and I had a pleasant trip to the Melia Resort. It's an older resort, but it is well-maintained and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff are wonderful and very friendly and they go out of their way to assist you. The food is good and there is a great family fun atmosphere.
The only downside was our experience with Club Melia. Upon check-in and after a lengthy journey, we were directed to an individual who would introduce us to the amenities of the resort. BEWARE - the primary purpose of this introduction is to sign you up for a one-on-one sales session to their club (kind of like a timeshare). If you do not wish to join, persist and tell them you are not interested. Unfortunately we got caught up in the guilt trip, "oh I need this to make money to support my family" and we agreed to attend the sales meeting. The meeting occurred 2 days later and was a passive aggressive sales pitch. We kept saying no and after 2 hours, of which we will never get back, we walked away without signing up. We were supposed to get a free massage and tour for our time but these gifts required us to provide a credit card number and our birth dates. We were not willing to do this so we did not get the gifts. Overall, this experience was a dark shadow on our vacation.
Vacationers are confronted with timeshares sales wherever you go in Mexico. Don't let this discourage you from taking a vacation, just be prepared to say no because many of the resorts have formed "clubs" and you will be asked for a "few minutes of your time".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the best of Mexico from the moment you enter Meliá Puerto Vallarta. This all-inclusive four star resort offers guests a variety of dining options and recreational activities perfect whether you're looking for a romantic getaway, a family vacation, or planning a corporate meeting. Traveling with children? Meliá Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive is a family friendly hotel offering baby-sitting services by trained and certified baby sitters. The Kids & Co Clubs' activities include arts and crafts, billiards, Ping-Pong, foosball, arcade games, and more. Overlooking Marina Vallarta, one of the most exclusive and serene neighborhoods in Puerto Vallarta, 5 minute ride from the airport, 10 minutes to the International Convention Center, 15 minutes from downtown and a chip short walk to the 18 hole/ 71 par Marina Vallarta Golf Club designed by Joe Finger. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sol Melia Puerto Vallarta