Stayed there from 6/30 to 7/7 and from beginning to end, had an amazing time. I cannot speak for other people, but from our experience, our room was top notch, ocean view, marble shower/floors, a jacuzzi right outside on the balcony! king sized bed with overhead fan, AC worked great - so much so that we had to turn off on a few days because it was so cold (except for the times when you opened the balcony door, but c'mon you expect the AC keep the room cold while the caribbean humid air is coming in the room? not!# the livingroom with kitchen and entire room was spotless. we were also really impressed with water pressure inside the shower, I mean we felt like we were inside a waterfall. all the staff, from Ana our concierge, to Jonathan the bartender and restaurant host, to Luis on the security team, to Mariel who gave us our couples massage right on the beach, to Irma our cleaning lady, everyone went our of their way to make sure we had the best vacation ever. food at the buffet was very good and had something for everyone, the drinks people say are watered down which is not true, they make drinks on the light side to be on the safe side, but make no mistake, if you want to drink gasoline straight up, they will serve it to you or go find it for you if you if they dont have it, night after night we saw all the staff go out of their way to please everyone with whaterver their needs or request are, no matter how big or how small, and that deserves recognition. the hotel itself is very well kept, the swimming pool is enourmously big, beach is not that great but we found out its because the beach is federal property, not part of the resort, but the water is warm and pool water is even warmer. the gym modern and has free weights and machines for everyone and we got good workouts while there. The main bar is open until 1am not 11pm as people will lie about on here and also has a DJ or live singers every night, never did we get kicked out by security or asked to leave the area after it closed, in fact, after people were done drinking, we went to the snack bar which is open until 4am! for more food and drinks. they also have tons of activities for all ages, we did archery, rifle shooting, they have nightly shows, water exercises, bingo with prizes, hammocks to rest on, a volley ball net right in the pool, swim up bar with unlimitted drinks**strong or light, your choice**, 3 restaurants that need reservations which we never had any problems with, reservations took less than 2minutes, as for the restaurants we tried them all and liked the italian one best, but thats just personal preference. oh almost forgot, they have live Iguanas roaming the grounds which is also really cool! no worries about them bothering you or biting you, in fact, if you bring scrapts of food from the buffet, you can feed them and take pictures, they also have beautiful schools of multicolored fishes in the pond that also come up in masses for you to feed them with fish food located by the pond and they start jumping over each other to fight for food, tooo funny. Hotel is also the closest to the airport**less than 10minutes** and also close to marine terminal for the tours **about 7minutes or less** which comes in handy if you're running late to catch a tour. the Marina is also steps from the hotel and has many shops for shopping, a grocery store, a large assortment of restaurants. The mexicon peso on our trip was exchanged at $11.90 person per 1 US dollar which basically transpires to about $10 US dollars for $100 mexican pesos and can be done directly at the hotel service desk. Hotel also tells you how much to pay for taxis and other services so you do not get overcharged and what requires a tip and what does not, which is really helpful. all and all, we had a great time! at Melia and would definitely recommend this hotel to other people, couples and families, and we will definitely return if our vacation destination brings us back to Puerto Vallarta. Do not believe the negative reviews from other people who seem to had been staying a different hotel instead of this one.....Thank you again Melia for a wonderful, memorable week! ...Sincerely David & Cathy - New York.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melia Puerto Vallarta is a paradise for families and couples, where there is something for everyone and where everything is included. A wide variety of snacks and meals, domestic and imported drinks and recreational activities for all ages, spectacular evening shows performed by professional dancers, with a different program every night, and swimming pool with children's section and 2 whirlpool. The Flintstones have found the perfect place for their holidays: they are staying with your family in one of our first theme hotels: Yabba-Dabba-Doo bazaar, Roca Flash, RocAdventure, Baby Rock Club, Bamm Bamm Club and Cool Club. Let yourself be surprised! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sol Melia Puerto Vallarta