My husband and I chose this hotel to have our first destination vacation with our two young children (4 and 1). We also traveled with our parents.
I will start with what we loved. The resort was very clean and staff was extremely friendly (especially Angel, bartender for the pool). The kids club really caters to babies, or over 6. My 4 year old wasn't old enough for the fun club and had no interest in sitting inside with the babies. But having a place for my youngest to nap was awesome. The meal and drink quality is what you would expect. Beach was clean, spots available but we did not receive drink service on the beach. (not a big deal). The other guests were very friendly as well, when we arrived one family that was leaving left their pool floaty toys for our kids. When we left we did the same.
The things that were not so great. When checking in we were approached by a lady in a Melia staff outfit with name tag and all, but she was begging us to do a timeshare meeting. She kept telling us this is how she makes a living and please just let her sign us up.. it was awkward and uncomfortable!
The main thing that was hard for us to get around was the restaurants (including buffet) did not open for dinner until 7PM. My kids are used to eating much earlier, and are usually in bed by 7PM. Add swimming in the pool all day and sunshine.. they were melting down by dinner time every night and there was no way around this. (attempted to get extra naps but it just didn't work). This also goes for the 9PM entertainment show, we didn't see even one since the kids were in bed by this time.
The hotel is "all inclusive" but many things that you see actually come with a charge. If you want the wine they feature, you pay (and not a reduced rate, the full price). If you want a lobster tail as shown walking in for dinner, you pay for that too. My daughter would nap twice a day so sometimes we would miss room service. When I called down to ask them to come back and re-stock my fridge she told me there would be a fee for that. There is a coffee bar, and this costs money too. Even the small run down mini golf costs money.
We really did enjoy your time at the Melia but we would most likely go somewhere a bit different for our next vacation. Good value for what we paid though and no real regrets in staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the best of Mexico from the moment you enter Meliá Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive. This complex four-star luxury under the concept All Inclusive, has 318 rooms and suites and offers guests a variety of dining options and recreational activities perfect whether you're looking for a romantic getaway, a family vacation, or planning a corporate meeting. Overlooking Marina Vallarta, in one of the most exclusive and serene neighborhoods in Puerto Vallarta, just 5 minute ride from the airport or 10 minutes to the town center and a chip shot walk to the 18 hole/ 72 par Marina Vallarta Golf Club. The property has a timeless, tropical charm thanks to large, open, airy communal spaces, serene eco-friendly gardens (alive with iguanas, ducks, coy, birds) and wide-open water views. Traveling with children? Meliá Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive is a family friendly hotel offering baby-sitting services led by trained and certified baby sitters. The Kids & Co Clubs are available for children from 4 months to 11 years old. Kids activities include arts and crafts, billiards, Ping-Pong, foosball, arcade games, and more. Attention: TOBACCO SMOKE-FREE HOTEL IN GUEST ROOMS, ROOM BALCONIES AND ENCLOSED AREAS. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sol Melia Puerto Vallarta