Despite disasterous reservation screw up by Hotels.com (made for mexico via the phillipines call center and el slavador call center). We were greeted in the lobby by hotel staff and treated great. I had left my drivers license at the budget car rental and the concierge patty made a phone call and had it sent over to the hotel for me (thank you so much!!!) When we checked in we had two little chocolate covered strawberries in the room which was the m experience room. We had room 1125 and I would recommend it if you are offered it. It has nice hammock on the balcony and glass railing with fantastic view of the ocean and nice sound of the waves at night. Room clean and up to date nice tub over shower some fluctuating water pressure but it is Mexico. Mini bar restocked with a little difficulty each day but put the tip inside and you should be good. We got the maid to leave four towels by midweek and they were good about cleaning but spotty on turndown service until we left a buck or two then it was over the top good. Food was really good you could always find something that you liked at the buffet (quetzal) the mexican buffet nights were amazing out on the patio do not miss. Think ....making tortillas infront of you ...pozole, tacos al pastor, mexican corn on the cob, multiple sauces from burning hot to guacamole, fresh quesidillas with queso fresco. Breakfasts were the buffet with fresh fruit and omlettes to order with a special egg dish each day the lady that makes the omlettes to order was very sweet and speedy efficient. They have an orange salsa that is tasty yet mind blowing hot that I could not get enough of. They had a french toast with cinnamon sugar that was fantastic that had coconut and a vanilla dipping sauce that was excellent as well. Ate way to much each day and sat on the patio most days with a mimosa. Resort was filled with friendly people and met really nice Canadians and some girls from U of Indiana that we played the bean bag toss game with. Kids enjoyed climbing wall and the rifle shooting and archery each day. Always plenty to do during the day and a show each night that was entertaining. Even won a tshirt and some tequila one night. Beach volleyball and beach soccer were played each day. Use caution on the soccer stubbed a toe and got some sand burn but the guys from the resort were fun to play with. Spring break was raging next door but its mexico in march and other than a few F bombs over the pa system it was all good and they added a nice spark to the beach scene.
We ate at the specialty Italian it was fine so was the palapa seafood for dinner. I mostly loved the buffet with all the choices and variety each day. Food is not five star but is rock solid four star clean and fresh. Wait staff and the hostess at the buffet very sweet and friendly each day.
Eat at the palapa for lunch food was good including sushi and burritos and stir fry.
The duck ponds with coy and iguanas were beautiful and the ping pong was fun for the kids.
No one goes to mexico for the time share pitch or beach vendors but take it all in stride and you will have a great time.
We fished two days out on the ocean and went to the marietas for whale watching and snorkeling and it was worth it for both. Whales breaching and lots of dolphin and son caught a striped marlin.
One day up to suyalita and then another day no one would leave the resort just wanted to hang out drink dirty monkeys bob marleys and eat the three squares plus the bacon wrapped dogs off the lunch snack buffet.
All in all good for families with young to teenage kids looking for affordable four star food and accomodations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Marina Vallarta, one of the most exclusive and quiet areas of Puerto Vallarta, a four star luxury hotel just 5 minutes from the airport or 10 minutes from downtown. Just a short walk from the 18 hole, par 71 Marina Vallarta golf course. 318 rooms in a vast tropical sanctuary on the beautiful bay of Banderas, ideal for a family vacation. Gazebos facing the ocean, the place is perfect for photographing perfect sunsets over Puerto Vallarta. Nightly themed dance shows live, from traditional retro style dances to traditional ones performed by the hotel's own dancers. Where is Puerto Vallarta? Located on the beautiful Pacific coast of Mexico, with an international airport and a seaport, it is one of the most popular tourist destinations. Romantic ocean views ready for your special occasions. Experience the best Mexican experience from the moment you enter Melia Puerto Vallarta. This all-inclusive, 4-star luxury resort offers its guests a variety of dining options and perfect leisure activities, whether for a romantic getaway, a family holiday or a corporate meeting. The property has a timeless tropical charm, thanks to the large open spaces and spacious, peaceful ecological gardens (full of iguanas, ducks, coy, birds) and wide sea views. The hotel has been designed by architects Oriol Bohigas and Joseph Martorell, authors of other projects such as the Olympic Village and the Olympic Port of Barcelona. The ingenious climate-focused design allows you to enjoy Puerto Vallarta's climate all year round. Are you traveling with children? Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive is a family-friendly hotel offering babysitting services with trained and certified professionals. Children's activities include crafts, billiards, table tennis, table football, arcade machines and more. Attention: FREE TOBACCO SMOKE-FREE HOTEL IN CLOSED AREAS: Melia Puerto Vallarta is concerned about the environment and as part of its Sustainable Tourism program, offers its guests and associates a smoke-free environment in all our rooms, theater, Lobby, restaurants, elevators, hallways of rooms and in some open areas delimited by the Hotel. This strictly non-smoking room is charged a room cleaning fee of $ 200.00 USD for guests who violate the "smoke-free" policy. For all visitors who smoke, hotel puts at your disposal assigned areas in the pool area, motor lobby and public beach. Ask for the map with the designated smoking areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Prodigios Interactivos SA, getaroom.com, Priceline, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sol Melia Puerto Vallarta