Took this trip as a last minute - book Monday, depart Saturday. Had never been to either the Melia or the Marina area before.
#1 - People. Have nothing but positive things to say about the staff and that includes the front desk. Had a couple of minor issues that were expediously resolved. On one occasion my safe stopped working. Advised the desk who said I would have to be in the room when the repair person arrived. Resolved myself to a lengthy stay but he arrived and fixed things within 10 minutes.
Outstanding individuals - Rosie and Angel around the pool. These people just never stop. I am sure they are repeat employees of the month.
- Sylvia at the omelette station. Start your day with custom ordered food and a bright smile. She remembered your order by day 3.
- Juan in the Buffet. Mr. Personality.
#2 Location- As a person who enjoys walking I found the Marina to be fascinating. Lots and lots of fancy yachts including the INVADER which is listed as one the 100 largest yachts in the world.
#3 - Pool - lots of lounges which means despite the towel savers there are ample for everyone anyway. Big enough so the activity people could enjoy their thing without drowning out normal conversation elsewhere.
Can't really comment on the overall food because we did not take the time to do the a la carte restaurants. The poolside snack bar though is amongst the best I have encountered. Be quick to get the onion rings because they go fast.
Sampled only some of the evening shows. Nice to see something different and not the usual rehash of pantomined Grease and Michael Jackson shows.
Enjoyed the evening cocktail lounge. Music on many evenings but not trying to be a dance club. Those wanting that type of thing could head downtown PV for 80 peso's in a taxi.
Our room on the 7th floor of building 2 was pleasant but the view was outstanding. Could see the cruise ships coming and going as well as the lights of downtown PV plus fireworks some evenings.
All in all it was a most pleasant experience. Met people who are repeat visitors up to 10 times so that tells you something.
They do have time share/vacation club promoters in the lobby who introduce themselves as vacation concierges. They are not especially high pressure but its just not my thing. The people sitting at the "public relations" desk seemed to provide assistance without any kind of "will you go to my presentation" factor. For instance when I inquired about renting a car, they quickly called two different companies to provide me with two quotes without me even asking.
Over the years have been to resort Mexico 25 times and usually to a new location. Having said that there is nothing that would preclude me from returning to the Melia and I would certainly have no qualms about making it a family vacation with children and grandchildren.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Marina Vallarta, one of the most exclusive and quiet areas of Puerto Vallarta, a four star luxury hotel just 5 minutes from the airport or 10 minutes from downtown. Just a short walk from the 18 hole, par 71 Marina Vallarta golf course. 318 rooms in a vast tropical sanctuary on the beautiful bay of Banderas, ideal for a family vacation. Gazebos facing the ocean, the place is perfect for photographing perfect sunsets over Puerto Vallarta. Nightly themed dance shows live, from traditional retro style dances to traditional ones performed by the hotel's own dancers. Where is Puerto Vallarta? Located on the beautiful Pacific coast of Mexico, with an international airport and a seaport, it is one of the most popular tourist destinations. Romantic ocean views ready for your special occasions. Experience the best Mexican experience from the moment you enter Melia Puerto Vallarta. This all-inclusive, 4-star luxury resort offers its guests a variety of dining options and perfect leisure activities, whether for a romantic getaway, a family holiday or a corporate meeting. The property has a timeless tropical charm, thanks to the large open spaces and spacious, peaceful ecological gardens (full of iguanas, ducks, coy, birds) and wide sea views. The hotel has been designed by architects Oriol Bohigas and Joseph Martorell, authors of other projects such as the Olympic Village and the Olympic Port of Barcelona. The ingenious climate-focused design allows you to enjoy Puerto Vallarta's climate all year round. Are you traveling with children? Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive is a family-friendly hotel offering babysitting services with trained and certified professionals. Children's activities include crafts, billiards, table tennis, table football, arcade machines and more. Attention: FREE TOBACCO SMOKE-FREE HOTEL IN CLOSED AREAS: Melia Puerto Vallarta is concerned about the environment and as part of its Sustainable Tourism program, offers its guests and associates a smoke-free environment in all our rooms, theater, Lobby, restaurants, elevators, hallways of rooms and in some open areas delimited by the Hotel. This strictly non-smoking room is charged a room cleaning fee of $ 200.00 USD for guests who violate the "smoke-free" policy. For all visitors who smoke, hotel puts at your disposal assigned areas in the pool area, motor lobby and public beach. Ask for the map with the designated smoking areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sol Melia Puerto Vallarta