My husband and I (61 & 59) returned from a week at the Melia March 10/13. We had a wonderful holiday and were impressed with the location, pool, and with all the staff with the exception of some of the staff at the front desk. We had requested a king bed and were given a family room with 2 double beds. When we asked at the desk they told us they would do what they could but said the hotel was almost full and we never did get a change in room. Later we were told that the hotel was less then half room. The grounds were beautiful and the pool and beach areas were lovely. We found all the servers very friendly and always helpful. We also appreciated having bar service around the pool and no spring breakers! The pool activities were fun as were the dance classes. The evening entertainment was fantastic, better then we have ever seen. All the guests we spoke to were friendly. There was a nice mix of ages. The location is great, 5 minutes from the airport. The marina is a few mintue walk with lots of shops and restaurants. We enjoy the downtown area and went down a couple of times. Take a chance and take a cab ride to The Red Cabbage Cafe for some amazing Mexican fare and some great photos of Frida Kahlo. We highly recommend this resort and hope to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the best of Mexico from the moment you enter Meliá Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive. This complex four-star luxury under the concept All Inclusive, has 318 rooms and suites and offers guests a variety of dining options and recreational activities perfect whether you're looking for a romantic getaway, a family vacation, or planning a corporate meeting. Overlooking Marina Vallarta, in one of the most exclusive and serene neighborhoods in Puerto Vallarta, just 5 minute ride from the airport or 10 minutes to the town center and a chip shot walk to the 18 hole/ 72 par Marina Vallarta Golf Club. The property has a timeless, tropical charm thanks to large, open, airy communal spaces, serene eco-friendly gardens (alive with iguanas, ducks, coy, birds) and wide-open water views. Traveling with children? Meliá Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive is a family friendly hotel offering baby-sitting services led by trained and certified baby sitters. The Kids & Co Clubs are available for children from 4 months to 11 years old. Kids activities include arts and crafts, billiards, Ping-Pong, foosball, arcade games, and more. Attention: TOBACCO SMOKE-FREE HOTEL IN GUEST ROOMS, ROOM BALCONIES AND ENCLOSED AREAS. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sol Melia Puerto Vallarta