We have just returned from a week at the Melia in PV. This was our second time at the Melia, and we were very impressed with the service we received as returning customers. We were given different bracelets,identifying us as returning guests.This seemed to bring some additional service from the staff. We received an upgrade to an oceanview room, at no charge. Room was spectacutlar. Quiet, away from the crowd, with an excellent balcony for watching then sunset.
Carlos was instrumental in arranging restaurant reservations in town (The Blue Shrimp, Le Kliff), transportation and deals on activities.
We spent one day in a Bali bed, which was fantastic. Quiet and private, we had a great personal waiter who was always there when we needed something but was never intrusive. This was a great way to spend a lazy day.
The buffet was average, but certainly always had some decent dishes for each meal. We enjoyed the seafood and italian restaurants as well.
The service was exceptional all week. We would go for breakfast in the morning and when we returned our room had been cleaned already. Front desk and Customer Service reps, were also great. After being asked once on the first day if we were interested in the time share presentation, we said no, and we were never asked again.
We also enjoyed going over to the marina, 5 minutes away, in the evening for drinks and shopping.
Bus to the Malecon was right outside the front door for 6.50 pesos, or a cab will take you there for 80.
There are a lot of kids, which was a little annoying at times, but we learned to go to the buffet later in the evening which was much better.
It would be nice if there was some area that was free of children, perhaps the lobby bar after 8:00 or something. We quite often saw small children in the bar at 11 or 12 at night, but that probably says more about the parents than the hotel.
Overall we had a great time and the price was quite reasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the best of Mexico from the moment you enter Meliá Puerto Vallarta. This all-inclusive four star resort offers guests a variety of dining options and recreational activities perfect whether you're looking for a romantic getaway, a family vacation, or planning a corporate meeting. Traveling with children? Meliá Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive is a family friendly hotel offering baby-sitting services by trained and certified baby sitters. The Kids & Co Clubs' activities include arts and crafts, billiards, Ping-Pong, foosball, arcade games, and more. Overlooking Marina Vallarta, one of the most exclusive and serene neighborhoods in Puerto Vallarta, 5 minute ride from the airport, 10 minutes to the International Convention Center, 15 minutes from downtown and a chip short walk to the 18 hole/ 71 par Marina Vallarta Golf Club designed by Joe Finger. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Hotwire and Odigeo so you can book your Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sol Melia Puerto Vallarta