We have just returned from a week at the Melia in PV. This was our second time at the Melia, and we were very impressed with the service we received as returning customers. We were given different bracelets,identifying us as returning guests.This seemed to bring some additional service from the staff. We received an upgrade to an oceanview room, at no charge. Room was spectacutlar. Quiet, away from the crowd, with an excellent balcony for watching then sunset.
Carlos was instrumental in arranging restaurant reservations in town (The Blue Shrimp, Le Kliff), transportation and deals on activities.
We spent one day in a Bali bed, which was fantastic. Quiet and private, we had a great personal waiter who was always there when we needed something but was never intrusive. This was a great way to spend a lazy day.
The buffet was average, but certainly always had some decent dishes for each meal. We enjoyed the seafood and italian restaurants as well.
The service was exceptional all week. We would go for breakfast in the morning and when we returned our room had been cleaned already. Front desk and Customer Service reps, were also great. After being asked once on the first day if we were interested in the time share presentation, we said no, and we were never asked again.
We also enjoyed going over to the marina, 5 minutes away, in the evening for drinks and shopping.
Bus to the Malecon was right outside the front door for 6.50 pesos, or a cab will take you there for 80.
There are a lot of kids, which was a little annoying at times, but we learned to go to the buffet later in the evening which was much better.
It would be nice if there was some area that was free of children, perhaps the lobby bar after 8:00 or something. We quite often saw small children in the bar at 11 or 12 at night, but that probably says more about the parents than the hotel.
Overall we had a great time and the price was quite reasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Marina Vallarta, one of the most exclusive and quiet areas of Puerto Vallarta, a four star luxury hotel just 5 minutes from the airport or 10 minutes from downtown. Just a short walk from the 18 hole, par 71 Marina Vallarta golf course. 318 rooms in a vast tropical sanctuary on the beautiful bay of Banderas, ideal for a family vacation. Gazebos facing the ocean, the place is perfect for photographing perfect sunsets over Puerto Vallarta. Nightly themed dance shows live, from traditional retro style dances to traditional ones performed by the hotel's own dancers. Where is Puerto Vallarta? Located on the beautiful Pacific coast of Mexico, with an international airport and a seaport, it is one of the most popular tourist destinations. Romantic ocean views ready for your special occasions. Experience the best Mexican experience from the moment you enter Melia Puerto Vallarta. This all-inclusive, 4-star luxury resort offers its guests a variety of dining options and perfect leisure activities, whether for a romantic getaway, a family holiday or a corporate meeting. The property has a timeless tropical charm, thanks to the large open spaces and spacious, peaceful ecological gardens (full of iguanas, ducks, coy, birds) and wide sea views. The hotel has been designed by architects Oriol Bohigas and Joseph Martorell, authors of other projects such as the Olympic Village and the Olympic Port of Barcelona. The ingenious climate-focused design allows you to enjoy Puerto Vallarta's climate all year round. Are you traveling with children? Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive is a family-friendly hotel offering babysitting services with trained and certified professionals. Children's activities include crafts, billiards, table tennis, table football, arcade machines and more. Attention: FREE TOBACCO SMOKE-FREE HOTEL IN CLOSED AREAS: Melia Puerto Vallarta is concerned about the environment and as part of its Sustainable Tourism program, offers its guests and associates a smoke-free environment in all our rooms, theater, Lobby, restaurants, elevators, hallways of rooms and in some open areas delimited by the Hotel. This strictly non-smoking room is charged a room cleaning fee of $ 200.00 USD for guests who violate the "smoke-free" policy. For all visitors who smoke, hotel puts at your disposal assigned areas in the pool area, motor lobby and public beach. Ask for the map with the designated smoking areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sol Melia Puerto Vallarta