The only really good thing about this resort is the food and beverage SERVICE!!! 6 of us recently stayed at the Melia ages 30-59. The food was always the same, and always terrible. We enjoyed the burgers and hot dogs by the pool more than anything! The resort says that it offers quite a few activities, but nothing is every really happening. The evening shows where 95% in Spanish, and just for kids. We never saw any mini golf, shooting range or batting cages. There was a climbing wall??? Didn't see it. They did have pool tables, but bring your own chalk, because they don't carry it! We needed 2 rooms to have king size beds and even phoned in advance to ensure, but upon check in, had all doubles and were told that it was only by availability only. We had to move on the second day. The two males that worked the front desk were rude the entire week! We wanted to golf at the Marina Vallarta golf club ($100.00 for 9 holes) We went to the front desk to book a tee time and was told that the girl who did that type of thing was off that day. The front desk agent tried to phone and said the line was busy... sorry. There was another lady at the "time share" desk that was able to help us.( But if you golf there, bring a CCD or Peso's because they do not accept american money) Being around the pool was amazing if you could get a sunny spot and a cover for your chair. There wasn't enough chair covers for all the chairs, so if we wanted one we had to "steal" it from another chair. There was a children's section at the pool, but no one used it and kids swam freely all over. Peddlers on the beach were annoying but normal, except when they pressure you to buy marijuana consistantly!!??? We ate most days at the buffet, if you do go to this resort, as for Arturo. He was the most amazing server and now a new friend we made! He took time out to ensure us a seat in his section everyday, and make sure we had all the drinks and food we needed! He went out of his way on his day off to pick coconuts to make us COCO-LOCO's! Amazing!!! Amazing man, amazing service! For some reason at this resort they don't offer food between 6pm and 7pm?? No room service, and if there was any, they did not offer any menu in the room, or mention it at all. The lobby bar had great drink service but not enough tables and chairs for all guests, and was full of children. The resort shuts completely down at 1am. No drinks, no food, no lights on the walkways!!??? Oh an no gate security at night?? All in all, any vacation away is nice! Beautiful sunny weather, no snow equals a nice trip. But if you are looking for a vacation away and don't have kids, pay a little extra and stay somewhere else! I know we will!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Marina Vallarta, one of the most exclusive and quiet areas of Puerto Vallarta, a four star luxury hotel just 5 minutes from the airport or 10 minutes from downtown. Just a short walk from the 18 hole, par 71 Marina Vallarta golf course. 318 rooms in a vast tropical sanctuary on the beautiful bay of Banderas, ideal for a family vacation. Gazebos facing the ocean, the place is perfect for photographing perfect sunsets over Puerto Vallarta. Nightly themed dance shows live, from traditional retro style dances to traditional ones performed by the hotel's own dancers. Where is Puerto Vallarta? Located on the beautiful Pacific coast of Mexico, with an international airport and a seaport, it is one of the most popular tourist destinations. Romantic ocean views ready for your special occasions. Experience the best Mexican experience from the moment you enter Melia Puerto Vallarta. This all-inclusive, 4-star luxury resort offers its guests a variety of dining options and perfect leisure activities, whether for a romantic getaway, a family holiday or a corporate meeting. The property has a timeless tropical charm, thanks to the large open spaces and spacious, peaceful ecological gardens (full of iguanas, ducks, coy, birds) and wide sea views. The hotel has been designed by architects Oriol Bohigas and Joseph Martorell, authors of other projects such as the Olympic Village and the Olympic Port of Barcelona. The ingenious climate-focused design allows you to enjoy Puerto Vallarta's climate all year round. Are you traveling with children? Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive is a family-friendly hotel offering babysitting services with trained and certified professionals. Children's activities include crafts, billiards, table tennis, table football, arcade machines and more. Attention: FREE TOBACCO SMOKE-FREE HOTEL IN CLOSED AREAS: Melia Puerto Vallarta is concerned about the environment and as part of its Sustainable Tourism program, offers its guests and associates a smoke-free environment in all our rooms, theater, Lobby, restaurants, elevators, hallways of rooms and in some open areas delimited by the Hotel. This strictly non-smoking room is charged a room cleaning fee of $ 200.00 USD for guests who violate the "smoke-free" policy. For all visitors who smoke, hotel puts at your disposal assigned areas in the pool area, motor lobby and public beach. Ask for the map with the designated smoking areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sol Melia Puerto Vallarta