“Melia PV is awesome!”

Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive
Ranked #47 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We enjoyed our week at the Melia. The staff was attentive and fantastic. The activity staff provided lots of enthusiastic options for fun filled activities. The aqua aerobics was my favorite and the music they played was great. The evening DJ at the bar should take some lessons from the pool staff.The food is great, there's always something for everybody. Every night there was a different place to eat with a wide variety of food. I am gluten free and it was very easy to eat at all meals. It's a short cab ride to the Malicon and the Maritime Marina. We went with friends and I think it's a fantastic place to vacation for couples, families and friends.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank ajswimmer
Josefina T, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

First of all, we would like to thank you for sharing your comments with us. It is a great pleasure to know that our Hotel exceeded your expectations.

We will continue to improve our personnel, service and installations to give you the best experience.

We look forward towards welcoming you in a near future.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

The grounds and hotel were spotless and very nice. We stayed in the Melia Club section and our room was also very nice and kept very clean. No problems there at all. What put the biggest damper on on vacation was that we went with a group of friends and in the evening we would gather in the lobby for drinks before dinner. The problem was it was so hot and humid and no breeze what so ever and the lobby was open air and no ceiling fans. It seriously felt like a oven there. So needless to say one or two drinks was all we could stand, so much for all inclusive when it is the only bar on the resort open in the evenings. Now lets get to the food....None of us are picky eaters but come on, pork every single night in the buffet ? The food was boring and tasteless, we truly had a hard time finding something we liked. We only got to eat at one reservation resturant because every time we went to make reservations they said their computer was down and they wont let you in without reservations. Breakfast was fine, enjoyed that one. Most of our group ended up going to the marina to eat, what a shame.

Now for the pool.....loved the pool, nice and big to float on our air mattresses. The only problem there was the 'pool police'. No eating or drinking in the pool. I can see the part about no drinking, but who doesnt want to sip on a cocktail in the pool on vacation ? And speaking of drinks, you better order a double if you want alcohol in it or you drink beer which is Modello and pretty good beer.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank lauriedoutt

First of all thank you for share your comments and your positive notes. Regarding the food, our chef is working on it to provide a new, varied and best service.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope you can give us the opportunity to have you with us in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I spent my honeymoon here and it was by far the worst service at a hotel I've experienced in Mexico thus far. I've been vacationing in Puerto Vallarta since I was a little kid and this was ridiculous. Nice room. Decent Location and views. Service subpar. Restaurants either not open or not available to eat at. Not up to American service standards.

Room Tip: Not for Honeymooners!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank shaunahobbins
Josefina T, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

First, I would like to thank you for visiting Melia Puerto Vallarta. Please accept my sincere apologies for not covering your expectations.

Your opinion is very important for us, and you have our commitment, from both the hotel management and all the staff, that all of your comments will be used to improve our services and make sure that all of our customers has a pleasant stay with us.

Respectfully,

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We spent 2 weeks at the Melia in October. This was our 3rd visit to the Melia in the last 4 years. There was a much larger group this time. We had 3 rooms. The "M" Family Suite (awesome for a family of 5) an "M" regular suite (only problem is the beds are doubles in this one.....Not big enough they need to increase to Queen) and the third room was a Junior suite (Fabulous room wow). Now let me say this. The management went ABOVE AND BEYOND for our group. We got to know some of the staff quite well in the time we were there. They treated us like family (royal family) Simon and Arturo in Quetzel and LaPalapa were outstanding. Jonathan in Vitrales went so far as to send someone out to a liquor store and get us some Frangelico (just because we asked nice) Amazing service. Patricia in the Executive Office will forever be a friend to all of us. She was a Rock Star. What a great team. What a fantastic holiday. We celebrated our Daughters 18th Birthday while there and the Hotel brought her a cake first thing int he morning to get the festivities started. She had the most memorable day ever. Thanks in part to the Melia Staff and Management!

Room Tip: Choose the "M" Experience SOOOOOO worth the extra few dollars. In non peak times you can...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank TTvacationgal
Josefina T, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

First of all I would like to thank you share your comments, We are much honored to receive this type of comment because it encourages the company to keep offering an excellent service and to have our guest completely satisfied.

We look forward towards welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

What can I say about the Melia except that I absolutely love this resort. My family and I have been vacationing at the Melia every year for the past 10 years! This is definitely our home away from home. The grounds are very well maintained and beautiful flowers everywhere. The pool is very large and a great place to spend your day. The staff of this resort are like family to us. They are always very happy to see us from year to year and they have become our good friends. The service they provide is excellent. The waiters in all the restaurants and the beverage servers by the pool are always ready to serve you with a smile. The Italian restaurant is a must very good food. The buffet is also very good and always something for everyone's taste. The snack bar has great burgers and fries and taco chips. You will not go hungry at this resort there is something for everyone. The rooms are very comfortable and the maid service is excellent. Air conditioning works very well. Oscar the public relations representative was always there when needed and very accommodating. There are so many good things to say about this resort that I could go on and on. If you are looking for a very family oriented hotel with wonderful service and the friendliest staff then the Melia Puerto Vallarta is the resort for you. We have not tried the children's Flintstone club as we have never taken small children with us. I am planning a trip there again next year with my daughter and three grandchildren and I'm sure it will be a wonderful holiday for us all. We have made many friends over the years at the resort and also with the peddlers on the beach who are so wonderful especially Toni my amigo! The only negative things about the resort are that they don't play enough Mexican music which I love and no guacamole which I also love. You will not regret going to this resort. We love it!!!!!

Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Cynthia R

First of all, we want to express our gratitude for sharing with us your valuable comments. We are happy to know that you have had an enjoyable time with us again. Our commitment is to create unforgettable experiences.

We will see you next year.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We just got back from our stay in PV, first time at Melia resort, we had fun, but some things you NEED to know.
1. This is really more for families with kids, so if you are a couple find another place.
2. We had the M-Experience, paid more for this, my advice- don't do it. It is not worth it.
We only had turn down service our last night there, we were suppose to get it every night.
Coffee in the room you had first day free, then you had to pay to have it after that, WHAT???
Yep! Motel 6 gives you free coffee everyday!!
3. Room was dated, and couch had stains on it, two of the lights were out in the hallway, don't they check this stuff before you rent the room??
4.Staff was not always very friendly, frist time I have experienced this in PV, so very disappointed about that.
5. Food was ok, but went to the resturants that you needed reservations for, OMG, not good food, and people, I am not picky, really.
6. Beach was good, despite other reviews, I really thought the beach was a nice one, waves were very small, sandy, no complaints here.
7. Time share people here at Melia, OMG, they don't stop even when you have said NO again and again, very frustrating!!
We had a great time even though I did't care for the resort, we did't get all that one should get with the M-exp., the front desk people didn't seem to care when I asked, so we had to just go and make the best of our vacation that we worked very hard to save for, and by God we did.
I love PV very much, but WON'T be back to the Melia.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank seasideArizona

First, please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences you mentioned in your review. I would like to mention that each point have been discussed and reviewed carefully with our staff in order to take the necessary measures to correct these problems.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope you can give us the opportunity to have you with us in a near future.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have stayed with other 12 friends last week end. The first time a went this hotel was about 20 years ago when it was a nice new luxury hotel non inclusive.
Now a day I think they should give the hotel a good re-paint and other basic things that are looking old
Yes, it is true that it smells in some parts very strong. rare.
The food is very very average, but service is good and restaurants very clean.
If you want room service... it is not included....you should pay..
Good things... Staff very friendly, including front desk guys.
My room M experience was having a good size room with balcony and a nice full ocean view.
Pool well kept and there were no rocks at the beach..
After all it was better than I expected.

Room Tip: Rooms M exeperience
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank willmexicocity
meliapuertovallarta, Guest Relations Manager at Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you very much for your positive notes regarding your stay. We are happy to know that your stay was enjoyable.

Hope to see you soon.