We just got back from our stay in PV, first time at Melia resort, we had fun, but some things you NEED to know.
1. This is really more for families with kids, so if you are a couple find another place.
2. We had the M-Experience, paid more for this, my advice- don't do it. It is not worth it.
We only had turn down service our last night there, we were suppose to get it every night.
Coffee in the room you had first day free, then you had to pay to have it after that, WHAT???
Yep! Motel 6 gives you free coffee everyday!!
3. Room was dated, and couch had stains on it, two of the lights were out in the hallway, don't they check this stuff before you rent the room??
4.Staff was not always very friendly, frist time I have experienced this in PV, so very disappointed about that.
5. Food was ok, but went to the resturants that you needed reservations for, OMG, not good food, and people, I am not picky, really.
6. Beach was good, despite other reviews, I really thought the beach was a nice one, waves were very small, sandy, no complaints here.
7. Time share people here at Melia, OMG, they don't stop even when you have said NO again and again, very frustrating!!
We had a great time even though I did't care for the resort, we did't get all that one should get with the M-exp., the front desk people didn't seem to care when I asked, so we had to just go and make the best of our vacation that we worked very hard to save for, and by God we did.
I love PV very much, but WON'T be back to the Melia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Marina Vallarta, one of the most exclusive and quiet areas of Puerto Vallarta, a four star luxury hotel just 5 minutes from the airport or 10 minutes from downtown. Just a short walk from the 18 hole, par 71 Marina Vallarta golf course. 318 rooms in a vast tropical sanctuary on the beautiful bay of Banderas, ideal for a family vacation. Gazebos facing the ocean, the place is perfect for photographing perfect sunsets over Puerto Vallarta. Nightly themed dance shows live, from traditional retro style dances to traditional ones performed by the hotel's own dancers. Where is Puerto Vallarta? Located on the beautiful Pacific coast of Mexico, with an international airport and a seaport, it is one of the most popular tourist destinations. Romantic ocean views ready for your special occasions. Experience the best Mexican experience from the moment you enter Melia Puerto Vallarta. This all-inclusive, 4-star luxury resort offers its guests a variety of dining options and perfect leisure activities, whether for a romantic getaway, a family holiday or a corporate meeting. The property has a timeless tropical charm, thanks to the large open spaces and spacious, peaceful ecological gardens (full of iguanas, ducks, coy, birds) and wide sea views. The hotel has been designed by architects Oriol Bohigas and Joseph Martorell, authors of other projects such as the Olympic Village and the Olympic Port of Barcelona. The ingenious climate-focused design allows you to enjoy Puerto Vallarta's climate all year round. Are you traveling with children? Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive is a family-friendly hotel offering babysitting services with trained and certified professionals. Children's activities include crafts, billiards, table tennis, table football, arcade machines and more. Attention: FREE TOBACCO SMOKE-FREE HOTEL IN CLOSED AREAS: Melia Puerto Vallarta is concerned about the environment and as part of its Sustainable Tourism program, offers its guests and associates a smoke-free environment in all our rooms, theater, Lobby, restaurants, elevators, hallways of rooms and in some open areas delimited by the Hotel. This strictly non-smoking room is charged a room cleaning fee of $ 200.00 USD for guests who violate the "smoke-free" policy. For all visitors who smoke, hotel puts at your disposal assigned areas in the pool area, motor lobby and public beach. Ask for the map with the designated smoking areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sol Melia Puerto Vallarta