Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive
Flamingo Vallarta Hotel & Marina(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$82
$49
$338
$284
$241
$184
Bookit.com
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$242
$196
$396
$220
  • Pool
Barcelo Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$271
$182
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Mousai(Puerto Vallarta)
$352
$324
  • Pool
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$149
3,979 results
All reviewskids clubrifle shootingclimbing walltime sharelobby baritalian restaurantbunk bedsnightly showshot dogsfamily resorthuge poolgarden viewmusty smella la carte restaurantsall inclusivesmarina areagreat family vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 16, 2011

When I was looking at hotels from my friend and I we looked at many. I pick the Melia due to close to town and location. The food is great and I seen no one get sick and servers work very hard for you, (make sure you tip they make very little and work 6 to 7 days a week). Each night is set up for themes the best was seafood and mexican night, the Italian night I would not due. Pool is grand as severs always walking by asking what you want. Make sure when you go get off the tourist area cause there are great views. I found nothing unsafe, riding the bus was fine. Everything is priced well for cabs and bus is cheap. Flea market is a must best deals there and great art work. When at beach it can get anoying with vendors, but you must remember this is there living. Timeshare people aren't going to bug you alot just say no and you are on vaction. I will be back next year.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank funrun42881
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Was wonderful! Beautiful resort...not going into crazy detail since it was a few years ago, but we would go back if we couldn't find a resort we hadn't been to yet that seemed exciting!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Child care/Drop In. We have a 12-month old. We wanted to take him on vacation, but also wanted alone time and wanted to get him out of the sun on occasion. This resort, unlike most, has a drop-in child care center for babies, down to 4 months old. We dropped our son off for an hour or two each day and it was fantastic. The staff was very good with the babies/toddlers and the facility passed muster with me--an overprotective, safety-paranoid first-time parent; although I did have to specify that I wanted no blankets or pillows in the crib (pack-n-plays) when my son was napping. They fed him (bottle only, we were on our own for food/lunch, but that was just fine anyway) and put him to sleep (or tried to) according to his regular schedule and followed all the comments/instructions I wrote down. And, in case you're wondering, they call/page you through the hotel intercom or at the pool if there is a problem. So--daycare, thumbs up. Big thumbs up. GREAT, friendly, communicative and helpful staff that was wonderful with my son--and it sure looked like they were the same with the other kids.

Baby stuff. The hotel said "crib." My fear was a death-trap drop side crib (same fear in Europe when I went to hotel). Anyway, the crib was a pack-n-play, nearly identical to the one I had at home. Perfect. Easy. Etc., although the hotel did throw some blankets, pillows in there, which I promptly removed to the room attendant's confusion. Also, an FYI, I felt weird about no car seat, even though the drive from airport to hotel is really, really short. We brought our infant carrier due to its portability (the kid uses a bigger monstrosity now), and used it in the cab, no problems, no questions asked. I read reviews on other travel sites that the cabs would not have seat belts. Our cabs were 2 for 2 in car seat usability.

Buffet/food was decent--not exceptional, but nothing was bad; the fresh salsa was delicious. Food hours were a little off or inconvenient, but it was not a big deal for us. Breakfast at 7. Nothing open from 12-1 (except bar). Snack bar opens at 12 (burgers, fries, tacos, chips/salsa, hot dogs, ice cream). Dinner restaurants begin opening at 6:30, buffet at 7. Drink service was very good.

Visit the Marina. Leave the hotel grounds, turn right, go less than half a block, turn left, walk maybe 300 feet and enter (although the entrance is kind of weird/surprising and looks like a private building, it's not). It was a pleasant walk and the restaurants/bars were very nice. Even though the resort is all inclusive, we stopped for a couple drinks and strolled with the baby. There are ramps in the marina for strollers, but the sidewalks on public streets do not have ramps up/down to the street level.

Accommodations were nice enough--no complaints from us, internet kind of a rip off (40 pesos for 15 minutes, 75 pesos for 30 minutes, 195 pesos per day). There was an internet cafe in the Marina, on one of the side streets. The shows are kind of loud. The gardens/ponds are pretty cool.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank SaraJGG
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Just returned from a week at the Melia and LOVED it! The kids (16 months and 3 years old) loved the playground, the baby club, feeding the coy, seeing the iguanas, going to the pool (they even had toys for us to borrow) and the beach. We loved it for family time and also as adult time. Lots of locals were there, but plenty of other families traveling with young kids. The beach was just ok compared to the Carribean, but we are already planning on going back next year. The ladies in the baby club were great and one babysat for us one night while we had a great meal at Rios in the marina. Otherwise, we never felt the need ot leave the resort. After reading some of the reviews, we were worried about meal times, but something was always open, but the favorite were the hot dogs and ice cream by the pool. Great value, great place!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Bethany19
Reviewed March 13, 2011

We have a vacation club with Sol Melia we have been to the DR multiple times and loved it. We really enjoyed our stay at melia Puerto Vallarta and intend to go back. The food was very good. Breakfast was great try the French toast!!! Lunch was always good right at the beach. We ate at all of the dinner places our favorite was the Italian and the beach grill. The sunsets were amazing. I got some GREAT sunset pics there. Maria our concierge was amazing! Thank you Maria. You made our trip great and you were always so friendly and helpful! It was a pleasure to talk with you. We took the rhythms of the night excursion... Totally awesome and worth it! We see a lot of Cirque productions when they come to Boston. It was a great show and dinner was awesome. We had a table right at the water's edge. We saw a whale while heading to Las Calcalet. The weather was great the town is so beautiful with tons to see and do. We wish we did more in town. We will definitely do it next time. The beach is beautiful but small and rocky. Bring bug spray with you the sand fleas will eat you alive on the beach and on the beach terrace. The beach vendors are relentless and drove us up to the beach terrace after the first day.The room was great and the bed was very comfortable (we prefer firm mattresses because of back and shoulder issues.
We extended our vacation club options while there and had a wonderful sales associate named Mike who was so helpful and and explained things really well. We are so glad to have him on out side because he is always available to answer any questions and will give us great recommendations for other sol melia properties world wide. We loved Melia Puerto Vallarta and definitely plan to go back.

• Stayed: February 2011