My husband and I spent two weeks in the Krystal villas in March 2014. Pressure to attend a Time Share presentation was heaped on us while waiting to check in. (Incidentally, if you own a Time Share already they will pay you US$800 to attend a presentation.) We had one week in a Studio suite and one week in a Master suite. The villas have kitchens which are supposed to have the basic pots, pans, utensils, toaster, cutting board etc. Ours didn't have any of the above and it took two requests to get them delivered. The studio suite's glass door had a broken seal and we couldn't see through it, mildew on the sheer curtain, and a left opening fridge that should have been a right side opening. I had to jam myself into a corner in order to open and close the fridge. The door connecting to the master and one bedroom suite wasn't soundproof and we could hear everything being said in the adjoining suites. We were excited to be moving into Master suite 430 with its private pool. However the strong sewer smell in the bathroom off the kitchen was gross and we kept the window in there open and the door closed. During the night when we were awake we could smell sewer coming from the on-suite bathroom as well. We twice complained about it and were told that someone would be there to see what the problem was but nobody ever showed up. The liquid gas tank and pumps for the pools at that end of the property were in the "yard" of master suite 430 so it seemed like there was a constant stream of workers going to and fro also due to suite 433 being worked on. The air conditioning in both suites did not work and the fan couldn't get the temperature down below 28.5 deg C.
The beach has very coarse sand/pebbles and hurts your feet to walk on. Not as nice as in Centro or romantic zone areas.
It was good to be only a short walk to Soriana grocery store but the Time Share sharks are there too and we were approached on every trip to the store. Tourists wearing the coloured bracelets are an easy target and the sharks know what hotel you are at and whether you are a time share owner, guest, or in the hotel section.
We won't be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hacienda-style Resort on 32-acre gardens with private beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Krystal Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Krystal Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Nh Hotels Puerto Vallarta
- Nh Krystal Puerto Vallarta
- Krystal Vallarta
- Nh Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Krystal Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Nh Krystal Vallarta
- Krystal Resort Puerto Vallarta