We have just returned from another (2nd time) 2 week visit to Casa Velas. There are a lot of resorts out there and we don't normally do repeat visits--but this resort has it all. The pick up at the airport was quick and within minutes we were at the hotel. We were welcomed most graciously, like returning to our old "home". Our room was 304 which is part of the main building. If you look at their site you can see a picture of it. We had a great view of the golf course/mountains and fireworks displays (which happened 3 x while we were there).It is a good sized room with 2 steps down into the sitting area. There is also a table for your room service items or your computer. We had a nice warm pool (thanks to the new solar panels) on the outside patio and a couple of chairs and table. The closet in the bathroom is small so they brought up a zippered clothes hanging unit which was quite functional. Marble bathroom/walkin shower nice amenities(shampoo/cond/body lotion/q tips/lots of bottled water etc.).Our room was kept so very well maintained during our stay. The linens on the bed/the pillows (down??) the mattress---all were so comfortable! I do think there is or will be a pillow menu. The meals at the resort are excellent. Again look at the web site and you will see the varied menu offerings.Also look at the back of Emilianos menu for "Spa" foods. They are low cal but high taste meals and drinks. The restaurant mgr. Gabrielle is a most charming congenial host. Make sure you meet him at the "cocktail social" on Tuesday 5-6. Also try to go for a garden tour with Gabrielle. He will show you all the plants native to Mexico, the herb garden, show you where the solar panels are located etc etc. I had no idea this part of the resort existed and it was a really interesting 20 minute walk. You will hear the sound of running water most times due to the large number of ponds and small waterfalls. It is so very relaxing and the gardens are worth many photos.
The loungers by the pool are very clean and comfortable. There is no need to bring down a towel as the girl puts them on the chairs first thing each morning or refreshes them after you leave.Lots of loungers and beds so no worry about getting there early for a spot. Watch the cherry in your drink (on a toothpick with pineapple) if you are down at the pool. There is a good sized yellow bird that had us in stitches as he quite successfully swoops in and steals the cherry--all within a nano second. People are left open-mouthed as to what just happened.Off couse we had to get an empty glass with the cherry and poof .. gone. Try it!!!
If you choose to go over the the Beach Club (Casa Velas only) they are now open for breakfast. You must make reservations. We were there for 9:00 am and oh what a treat. The tide is in so the waves crash onto the shore. What a wonderful site. Well I had to see how close to the breakwall the water was coming in (you are up about 5 feet) and low and behold what washes in but a tiny baby turtle. I held him in the cup of my hand, showed other guests then released him. Turns out I would have been smarter to have someone keep him in water for the day and release him at night due to seagull predators. So keep an eye out! Must have at the Beach club are the famous shrimp tempura on a stick- jumbo breaded shrimp.
There is an ATM now at the resort-behind the main check in.
There is a computer for your use jus off the main lobby. In the same room is the small library for read it and leave it.
Minimum wage in PV is 60 pesos a day-yes you read that correctly.
We also enjoyed going to Andrea for dinner. Go to Velas Vallarta web site for their menu.Great hostess...Pauline and Brenda.
There are 2 concierge..Jesus and Gabriella. Both are so helpful for all your needs. Want a bottle of wine on ice (pinot grigio for one) taken to your room?... just ask Gabriella.
Cynthia is the "control manager" keeping an eye on pretty much everything to make your stay comfortable.
At the pool bar Freddie and Hector keep hopping to bring you drinks and food. Something not on the menu is oysters on the half shell. Yum!! Just ask Freddie if they are available and if so he will bring you a serving of 5 very fresh oysters.
If you would like to see how they do their wonderful presentations of fruits and veg go to Gabrielle and ask him which day they do the presentation.
One dear girl was Cyndi the girl with the incredible eyelashes..and when you see her you will know what I'm talking about. She does everything from bartend to hostess to server.Such a pleasant girl that made our trip even more special with her great conversation and interest in what we were doing.
The fellows that take you back and forth to the Beach Club, and open the door for you at the resort are simply fantastic. They are so genuine and friendly making the stay that much better. Pablo, Eduardo and Jorge....just great guys!
Again our stay was simply magic. The cleanliness..spotless shining marble hallways, incredible manicured grounds plants and flowers, food prepared so wonderfully and with so much variety, the hand over the heart gesture by most employees,the friendliness of everyone...If you have chosen this resort you are in for a big treat. Thank you once again Casa Velas... we will return...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the perfect resort retreat in the Mexican Pacific Riviera, where luxury and romanticism combine in perfect harmony. Resembling a private estate, Casa Velas offers Condé Nast and AAA award-winning service in a casually elegant and intimate boutique atmosphere in Puerto Vallarta. This boutique hotel enjoys a garden setting surrounded by the Marina Vallarta Golf Course. A beachside experience waits just three minutes away at your private Ocean Club, with stunning sunsets and memorable dining. Unlimited transport is available day and night to whisk you to the golden shores of the Mexican Pacific. The Ocean Club is a place of supreme peace and tranquility for enjoying an infinity pool, jacuzzi and terrace with impressive ocean views. Our luxurious getaway invites you to enjoy the comforting sounds and vibrant colors of the tropics as you discover the true meaning of relaxation and luxury at an all-inclusive Puerto Vallarta resort paradise. Recently chosen as one of the Top 10 hotels in Mexico and the Caribbean in three categories - Luxury, Relaxation/Spa and Hotel for Romance - by TripAdvisor®, Casa Velas is an enchanting destination where simple pleasures rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Casa Velas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velas Boutique Resort
- Hotel Casa Velas Boutique