The resort is beautiful. Very quiet, there were less than 40 people staying at the resort while we where there. Staff is very helpful and service was excellent.
The rooms were very nice. The bathrooms need updating. The shower pressure was horrible - and went from scalding hot to freezing cold about every 30 seconds. Also - you shower in a hot-tub and must step in and out perching precariously on the slick steps.
Food was ok. The restaurant at Casa Vellas is the best...and would avoid Andreas at the sister resort.
Bar-staff were excellent and very friendly. The evenings we spent with them might have been the highlight of our entire trip.
The one huge blemish on our trip was that we were told as we were checking in that the hotel was doing service work on the air conditioning five days into our seven day stay and that we would have to be moved to the hotel's sister resort mid-stay. We were so tired from our flight we did not object. We also did not know that the sister resort was full of screaming families and rooms that were not as nicely furnished as the Casa Vellas. For our troubles - management promised us an hour spa treatment. We then learned that there was no air conditioning problem - but that they hotel had a large group coming on Thursday and they wanted our room. The large group did come on Thursday and overtook the entire hotel...we even witnessed new guests entering our old room. If they overbooked - fine. Call me in advance and explain the situation and work to make it right. But to lie to my face...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the perfect resort retreat in the Mexican Pacific Riviera, where luxury and romanticism combine in perfect harmony. Resembling a private estate, Casa Velas offers Condé Nast and AAA award-winning service in a casually elegant and intimate boutique atmosphere in Puerto Vallarta. This boutique hotel enjoys a garden setting surrounded by the Marina Vallarta Golf Course. A beachside experience waits just three minutes away at your private Ocean Club, with stunning sunsets and memorable dining. Unlimited transport is available day and night to whisk you to the golden shores of the Mexican Pacific. The Ocean Club is a place of supreme peace and tranquility for enjoying an infinity pool, jacuzzi and terrace with impressive ocean views. Our luxurious getaway invites you to enjoy the comforting sounds and vibrant colors of the tropics as you discover the true meaning of relaxation and luxury at an all-inclusive Puerto Vallarta resort paradise. Recently chosen as one of the Top 10 hotels in Mexico and the Caribbean in three categories - Luxury, Relaxation/Spa and Hotel for Romance - by TripAdvisor®, Casa Velas is an enchanting destination where simple pleasures rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Casa Velas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velas Boutique Resort
- Hotel Casa Velas Boutique