The Hotel Casa Velas is a wonderful resort for adults, primarily couples, to relax and enjoy vacation. The emphasis should be placed on RELAX because that is what this resort encourages. I don't know the exact staff to guest ratio, but it is the highest I've ever experienced. They think of things you need before you realize you need them.
Because this resort is so small you get to know the other guests. I enjoyed these brief vacation encounters with people from around the world. The pools at both the hotel and the private beach club have more than a sufficient number of chairs placed in strategic locations for everyone to enjoy the pool, shade, sun or combination of the two. Both pools have loungers in the pool to lay on and sun as well.
The food at both Emiliano's and the Beach Club was consistently very good. Some things were excellent, especially the Tempura Shrimp at the Beach Club and the Prawn Bisquet (shrimp bisque soup that was "to die for!") at Emiliano's. My husband loved the rack of lamb as well. Plan to gain about 5 lbs!
All of the bartenders were excellent, which is what you'd expect at such a property. I especially enjoyed Miguel in the Lobby Bar, with his Miguelito!
I found the music selection at both pool bars to be a little bit lacking in variety. My husband and I had brought some CD's with us and we took our Jimmy Buffett cd to the pool to help liven things up.
There is no scheduled entertainment at this resort. In the evening many of the guests sit around at the various tables in the patio area on the main floor and play cards or sit and talk. It was very relaxed. Guests at the Casa Velas could also go to Velas Vallarta and enjoy the entertainment and restaurants at that resort and then hop the shuttle back to Casa Velas.
The room we had at the resort was very nice and the bedding excellent. The room did not, however, have enough closet space. There is a large armoire in the room with space to hang your clothes. We didn't pack a lot because of the new airline weight limits, but had a hard time getting everything hung up.
Overall, this is a great resort! I can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to a beautiful beach resort in Puerto Vallarta for an indulgent vacation refuge with sublime dining, a pristine beach, ocean club, golf courses, pools and a spa. Our spectacular resort is within walking distance of Puerto Vallarta's sophisticated 500-slip marina and 15 minutes from the city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Casa Velas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velas Boutique Resort
- Hotel Casa Velas Boutique