1,834 results
All reviews beach club plunge pool sister resort grand class suite emiliano restaurant minute shuttle ride main resort shrimp burrito boutique hotel vista vallarta our honeymoon lobby bar hotel pool an adults only resort aqua bar all inclusive resort chief concierge
Selected filters
Reviewed March 1, 2018

My wife and I joined 9 other couples for four days at Casa Velas. The resort was absolutely perfect. From the warm greeting and introduction to the resort to our tour by our Concierge Juan it was top notch. The room and all of the buildings and grounds were immaculate. Every single staff person was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. The food and drinks at Emiliano, the pool area, and the Beach Club were fantastic. Beny the bartender and Gerardo and Fredy at the pool treated us like royalty. More than once the managers asked if there was anything they could do to make our stay better. Another plus is it's only 15 minutes from the airport and the resort drove us both ways. We could stay a month. Everyone in our group, 22 people in all, feel the same way we do. We will definitely go back!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
ManagerCVPV, Director General at Casa Velas, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2018

Ricky, we couldn´t be more pleased to have been selected by you, and your close group of friends, as your upscale setting for your February, winter getaway.

My staff was thrilled having the honor to serve your needs at every moment. Whether you were at our main dining venue, Emiliano, aqua bar, or spending luxurious afternoons at our executive Beach Club, there was dedicated staff such as Juan, Beny, Gerardo, and Fredy at the ready to make your winter dream come alive. And the pleasure was ours.

It is our hope, Ricky, that this recent experience in "Paradise" has made such an excellent impression on you and your friends that you consider making Casa Velas your luxury retreat in the company of good friends. Thank you, sir, as our best desires go out to all of you in Minnesota. Take care.

Reviewed February 26, 2018

My husband and I stayed at Casa Velas for 5 nights in mid-February along with my best friend and her husband. From the moment we arrived to the moment we departed - we encountered the best service I've ever experienced on vacation! Everyone from the concierges, to the receptionists, to the waiters and groundskeepers were extremely friendly and helpful. The room we were initially booked into smelled a little musty and when we mentioned it, we were immediately moved to another (nicer) room at the same rate.
The rooms are very spacious and we had a lovely view of the golf course. The peacocks roam the grounds and came close to our room by the dipping pool!
The food was absolutely amazing - every meal was delicious (including room service).
Dinner was the only meal that required a dress code, which was nice. Food and drinks can also be ordered by the pool.
The pool was beautiful and heated - we spent a lot of time lounging in and out of the water. The clientele is mostly middle aged, so it was a very quiet and peaceful setting (adults only).
Even though this resort is not right on the ocean, the beach club was literally a few minutes away by shuttle. They had the same great food and service! We always got a ride to and from the beach club within minutes.
A special mention to Gabriela (concierge), Isabel (concierge), Bernardino (waiter), Sara (masseuse). Thank you so much for helping to make this vacation one of the best ever!!

Room tip: Our room was facing the golf course and we got to see the sunset.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ManagerCVPV, Director General at Casa Velas, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2018

Mrs. Turner, thank you so much for entrusting Casa Velas to make this vacation a special occasion for the four of you.

One of the significant advantages of selecting a boutique resort is the friendly hospitality that is found at all times, and in every need. Whether it´s wining and dining, relaxing in our pools, or requiring support on any situation, there is always the right person close by to attend to your needs, helping, as you say: "making the vacation one of the best ever."

Thank you for highlighting the talented efforts of some of my trusted staff. You can be confident that we will always be working to make your upcoming visits even better than the last. Take care, and all the best for a mild winter up in Bloomington, Minnesota.

Reviewed February 22, 2018

Our stay here was amazing! From the minute we walked in the door the staff made us feel welcomed and special. The facilities itself was lovely and clean, We loved our room and enjoyed all the resort had to offer. The spa, pool and the delicious food and beverages at the restaurant as well as poolside snacks. I can't say enough about the fabulous staff here. Besides being so friendly they went way above and beyond to make sure our stay was wonderful. I truly felt spoiled and loved every minute of it too! I want to say a special thank you to out concierge Gabriela, Isabel, Bernardino from the restaurant and Jesus who drove us around many times. One last thing, we loved the entertainment, the Mariachis and the dancers during dinner was so much fun to see. Thanks for a wonderful winter get away! I will be recommending Casa Velas to my friends.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank alyhau
ManagerCVPV, Director General at Casa Velas, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2018

Having you feel spoiled is just one of our many hallmark qualities for guests that honor us with their reservation.

Refined luxury is truly a gift that shouldn´t feel rushed. The service should be aware and attentive to all your needs, and at all times. At Casa Velas, I am blessed to have some of the most tactful individuals in Puerto Vallarta who know what to do, and when to do it. And Gabriela, Isabel, Bernardino, and even our Mariachis are splendid examples of serving with elegance.

Thank you for allowing us to serve your well-deserved, vacation needs. We are proud of knowing your overall satisfaction on your Guest Experience, and we look forward to serving you and the friends that you kindly recommend to us. Until next time, our warmest regards go out to you and all our good friends in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Thank you!

Reviewed February 21, 2018

We stayed at this Boutique Hotel from Jan 21-28th. It was a cooler time in Mexico and this put a damper on the pool time and sunbathing. It is difficult to be critical about the resort as the staff were all lovely, and they always knew your name! The drinks by the pool were served by a ninja as he would just appear with your drink in such a timely manner, and over anticipating your needs at all times! The problems: the pool was so serene but so frigid cold, in spite of the solar panels (which you can view by the greenhouse on a walk). I went in the pool twice to just say I did but it was displeasing, for this reason alone I would not rebook this hotel, I want to be hopscotching from the pool to my lounger all day. The pool at the beach is warmer but that is another story, the service was poor, we never received drink service in the morning and waited to be acknowledged at lunch at noon. I understand the staff have since received a pep talk. The ocean is rough and not like the waters of Tulum, but nice to watch at dinner time (we did notice that some loungers still had used towels on them at dinner).

We enjoyed the closeness to the airport and took advantage of the prepaid VIP shuttle service which bypassed all the crowds and waiting for the shuttle buses.

The guests we met were so funny and engaging and I hope for your safe arrivals home. We liked feeding the turtles, I liked the handbag rental service in the gift shop, I enjoyed a spa and the hydro service on a cold day, and I did try the yoga and the fitness centre as an activity.

We ate dinner at Piaf at the Grand Velas as part of our trip. I enjoyed up to 7 different waitstaff serving us and had an exotic black martini with blackberries and cassis.
In spite of the fitness I gained weight due to all the buttery dishes...so plan your clothes to accommodate.

The room:Very nice and such a short walk to the pool, delightful. I emptied humidifier approximately 4-5 times a day, and also in the night as it would beep loudly and repeatedly that it was full. If shut off, the room was dense and unpleasant, and smelly. There was a strong musky odour that required a trip by the sink mechanic to fix, unfortunately it returned though. The humidifier was loud too. I hope others do not experience this problem. We were never moved and we paid for a Masters Plus.

I don't know if we would return, the pool, the room....but we are romanticizing it now with our cold weather and return to work.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dragonfly088

I can´t thank you enough for sharing your highly detailed insights, photos, and observations with us and with everyone on TripAdvisor.

As director, I am pleased that you found much of the experience to be enchanting and I am very appreciative that you had earlier brought to our attention your concerns about your suite and temperature of the pool water. And on those matters, you have my sincerest apologies.

In the tropical climate that is Puerto Vallarta, we go to extra lengths to ensure that our suites are adequately maintained utilizing our HVAC units as the primary controller. However, we have revised the suite and found that its system was not operating at the necessary level to maintain the freshness that we strive for. And although that flaw has since been corrected, I am at this moment looking for improved alternatives for a portable dehumidifier; one that is effective and efficient, and of course, is in no way obtrusive to our guests.

As an environmentally friendly company, one of our more predominant, green practices involves the use of solar panels that take the place of liquid propane reliance. That feature serves to provide naturally produced hot water for our pool, suites, spa, and kitchens, and we are very proud of that achievement. However, I feel that during your visit, when the region did receive an uncharacteristic cool front, we should have compensated for the lack of direct sunlight with a boost of LG to maintain our hot water supply at a consistent and comfortable temperature. And I can assure you that, from today forward; I will oversee that process personally.

It is my hope that the many, overall positive factors of your vacation outweigh the issues that you experienced, and perhaps allowing us an opportunity in the future to demonstrate that we really listen to your comments and take the necessary measures to minimize any anomaly that may occur. Thank you for your patience and understanding on the matter. And again, my apologies for not exceeding your expectations.

Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

We have just arrived home after spending a heavenly week at this truly amazing resort. The staff in all areas were exceptional. The hotel is immaculate, relaxing and quiet. No loud music to spoil the peaceful atmosphere.
The lush grounds, gorgeous flowers, the sparkling pools, the wonderful genuine service with attention to detail just made it a perfect place to chill out. It was the best resort we have ever stayed and we have stayed in many around the world.
We will certainly be back but for longer next time. We have found our perfect piece of paradise.
Thank you Casa Velas for giving us wonderful memories.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank bettyc262
ManagerCVPV, Director General at Casa Velas, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2018

First of all, Betty, allow me to thank you for entrusting Casa Velas to deliver to you and your husband the perfect paradise that you have been searching for throughout all your previous travels.

There are, of course, other boutique, adult-only options that offer an upscale environment to the discerning traveler, but one will be hard-pressed to find a luxury option that also specializes in upscale all-inclusive. That is the challenge that we have focused our time on all these years, and due to your wonderful expressions, along with those of many others, I now firmly believe that we have become the vanguard of adult-only luxury.

Betty, we look forward to serving your tasteful needs when the opportunity presents itself in the future. And to conclude, we now see ourselves a better hotel thanks to your future commitment. We remain at your trusted service.