Casa Velas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
  • Pool
Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive(Puerto Vallarta)
1,703 results
All reviewsbeach clubplunge poolsister resortgrand class suiteemiliano restaurantshort shuttle ridemain resortboutique hotelour honeymoonshrimp burritovista vallartalobby barhotel poolan adults only resortall inclusive resortgourmet foodaqua bar
Reviewed June 16, 2009

Casa Velas is an exceptional hotel, contemporary yet familial. The rooms are spacious, sleek and modern, couldn't help but sleep late in soft pillows and plush sheets. Had coffee on the patio in front of my own small swimming pool. The staff was very attentive and courteous but with a flare of soft sophistication. Just a 5 minute ride from the airport and a 10 minute ride to the Malecon, nightlife and shoping, cab will cost you about $6.50. Driving up to Casa Velas you'll feel like your coming home to beautiful people, lavish surroundings and great food. Puerto Vallarta is anxiously awaiting visitors, no trash on public places and courteous welcoming service. My body and mind reconnected all in the comfort of Casa Velas. Casa Velas is Quiet, Adult Only, Sophisticated, Personal Service, attention to detail, excellent food. The structure and building are beautiful, the staff made it feel like home....

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank eclopez327
Reviewed June 12, 2009

My husband and I went to Casa Velas for our honeymoon and we could not have had a more perfect week. The staff was incredible, their service was impeccable. They were friendly, talkative, and knowledgeable about the area. My husband is a chef and even he thought the food was outstanding. The place is beautiful and the rooms are great. They were very clean, with turn down service every night. We also went to Velas Vallartas and had massages on the beach, so relaxing! My husband and I hadn't even left and we were talking about how we had to go back. This place is amazing!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sunshine1515
Reviewed June 9, 2009

It was immediately apparent what a major impact the Swine Flu media attention and the wallet tightening of consumers has on the Mexican tourism economy. The airport was practically empty, cab drivers had no customers and shops were closed because there were no patrons. Once we arrived, we knew that we did a little something to help boost their spirits and their business all while getting us a much needed break!

At first I was a little concerned, because when we arrived at the airport, our driver told us the hotel was closed. I wondered, "How can the hotel be closed, I booked it for a week?!" Well, it seems that we were the only people who booked it. According to staff at the hotel, they haven't had a guest in over a month! They said travel agents were canceling reservations and with no guests, they had no work so the hotel closed!

After much discussion, and much needed translation (since I speak limited Spanish) we were set up in a sister hotel called the GRAND VELAS. And just in case everything was not to our satisfaction, Sergio (the manager of Casa Velas) gave me his cell phone to call if we needed anything. We didn't need to call! It was beautiful. Though not the quaint boutique hotel we were originally hoping to visit. But we were satisfied with the upgrade. The place was basically empty and I'm guessing that only about 30 of the 800 rooms had guests.

We enjoyed the day and one night there and were happily greeted by one of the managers of Casa Velas the next morning. He explained to us that we were the first guests to stay in the hotel and that they were reopening for us! Now I know how celebrities feel when they are escorted around by staff and have total privacy...we had an 80 room hotel to ourselves for several days until more guests arrived.

The staff was amazing and catered to our every need. Many thanked us often for visiting and told us how difficult times were in the area with no tourists. We were glad to be there so it was a win win situation!

Since the hotel was closed for quite some time, I would expect a few bumps in the road. We had a couple of challenges, one with the AC the other with the cold water. Both were resolved quickly and pleasantly. The staff seemed genuinely upset that we had any challenges and did what they could to take care of us. They truly know the meaning of customer service- they even gave me a spa treatment and a round of golf for our troubles!

The food was enjoyable! "Authentic" Mexican food was limited on the property, but one of the managers set us up with a cute little place in town (Xitomates) and forgot to tell us it was also the best place in town to see the sunset! The evening was complete with live music just for us and I left with their salsa recipe! Mauricio thanks for the GREAT SUGGESTION!

We are spoiled in New Orleans with good food and were pleased with the quality at both hotels. The presentation was stunning at every meal and the service was prompt and professional! I was shocked when they brought a special stand for my beach bag! Trust me is was only fancy enough for the floor not a stand or table near my seat.

Bene the Bartender was extremely friendly and used every opportunity possible to practice his English and visit with us. We had very interesting discussions about the food and culture of the area. He even agreed that if it rained he would take me out to catch coconut crabs, which I really want to do after Anthony Bourdain's adventures on the travel channel. Unfortunately, it didn't rain and the one crab I saw, we couldn't catch...but Bene invited us back to Casa Velas and the offer still stands. I guess that is one way to try the local cuisine, catch it, cook it and eat it with locals and their families.

I would say that this place has excellent customer service, a fabulous setting and makes your vacation everything you want it to be and more. We will have wonderful memories of the trip and are already planning our next visit with a group of friends. You can't go wrong with this one and the town really needs the business...so help these nice people out!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
8  Thank cookbooknola
Reviewed June 8, 2009

The resort is very nice and service is great. Found the service at the beach club to be slow but everywhere else was great. Grounds are well kept and everything is top notch. My only real complaint was that at least when we were there some of the people staying there seemed stuck up.

Very quiet and relaxing resort.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2009

Casa Velas Boutique is a small piece of heaven that you just never want to leave. All the hotel employees go above and beyond to make your stay a memorable one. The truth is that you get a little spoiled there by not having to do much for yourselves. Even the rooms are beyond words -- with chocolates every evening plus your bed folded down with soft music in the background. These rooms are very clean with your refridgerator stocked daily with beer, soda, water and snacks. We found that Casa Velas was very centrally located and close to downtown or even the sports bar which we was able to watch alot of the hockey games at. The food was beyond words. You could sit at the restaurant or even at the poolside and have it brought to you on a tray. You were never with an empty glass as they were always there with a quick refill. Overall, this has been one of the relaxing/enjoyable resorts that we have visited in the last five years. So, quick book your trip now and let the resort take you away to heaven on earth.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple