All the fine reviews in Tripadvisor are true: the staff and service are excellent; the pool is divine and the spa is wonderful. The grounds and details are beautiful. We cannot add more to the reviews. We will not repeat the information.
Our critique concerns the rooms which definitely need updating. Although the bed linens are luxurious and towels are plush, the room had a particular odor of mustiness as well as a faint odor of smoke (smoking is allowed in the rooms). When we arrived home all of our clothing needed to be rewashed and the suitcases put in the sun for days to eliminate the nasty odor hanging on to them. Our vanity chair in the bathroom was stained to such a degree that we had to have them change it. The bathroom jacuzzi and the outdoor plunge pool both needed some additional scrubbing.
Smoking is also allowed in the dining rooms and can be quite disturbing. Cigarette and cigar smoke are frequently smelled in many public places.
Tipping is another issue. Although we had an "all inclusive" vacation with tips and taxes included, we were confused when the checks (with 0 balances that needed to be signed) arrived with "extra tip" written on them. We inquired at the concierge and were told this was optional; we asked other guests but they were equally confused. I believe the hotel prefers it to be ambiguous. A return guest told us that the staff make very little money; the return guest told us she and her husband feel obliged to come with $5 and $1 bills to distribute. If the tip is included in the price, it is unconscionable that the hotel takes advantage of their excellent gracious staff and does not give them a decent salary as well as the tip the guests have paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to a beautiful beach resort in Puerto Vallarta for an indulgent vacation refuge with sublime dining, a pristine beach, ocean club, golf courses, pools and a spa. Our spectacular resort is within walking distance of Puerto Vallarta's sophisticated 500-slip marina and 15 minutes from the city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Casa Velas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velas Boutique Resort
- Hotel Casa Velas Boutique