Casa Velas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
  • Pool
Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive(Puerto Vallarta)
1,710 results
All reviewsbeach clubplunge poolsister resortgrand class suiteemiliano restaurantshort shuttle ridemain resortboutique hotelour honeymoonshrimp burritovista vallartalobby barhotel poolan adults only resortall inclusive resortgourmet foodaqua bar
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The carrier American Airlines suck.

Now for the review. Casa Velas is a somewhat quaint, romantic, excellently maintained boutique resort. This is currently the off season in Puerto Vallarta so there weren't very many people pool side at any given time during our stay. That allowed the drinks and snacks to continously flow. If I had one issue, it would be the lack of consistency with the drink "making". Benny, who worked at the evening bar was easily the best. I'm not a foodie, so I really can't speak on the food other than I never skipped a meal. Hard to beat fresh salsa and guacomole!
The room overlooked the golf course and was nicely apportioned. Even though I didn't get in the mini-jacuzzi on the balcony, my wife throughly enjoyed it.
The staff was amazing at every turn. From explaining futbol to me to having a double shot of tequila waiting for me as I turned the corner. (Benny heard me coming).
Overall I would give my experience a "9". The only reason it gets a nine is because of the beach at the sister property. All I will say is that it was not the color sand I was looking for and there were rocks in the surf as you ventured into the water. From what I heard, there are better beaches in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1Jetsetter
casavelasmanagement, General Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments on your June stay with us. I hope that you found the relaxation and quality that our distinguished clientele looks for when reserving with us. I am glad that Benny was there to make your favorite drinks and that the guacamole was to your great satisfaction and to be considered as a quaint and romantic hotel is very nice. And we do go to great lengths to keep the facility in top condition for our guests. It would be our great honor to host you and your wife again in order to create that tranquil and luxurious feeling that you came for. On behalf of all the staff I wish you all the best this summer in beautiful Los Angeles, California. Take care.

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just returned from a 5 night stay at Casa Velas and it was such a wonderful trip! The staff is even more fantastic than previous reviews stated. I am already missing the fresh guacamole and chips as well as the 24 hour room service. We did not have a bad meal anywhere at this resort. We enjoyed the beach club and had lunch there everyday listening to the peaceful waves crashing. The menu itself was not our favorite (didn't enjoy the marinated crab sandwich or the blue shrimp burger and the shrimp fried rice was just okay overall although the shrimp were delicious) but we had fish tacos and shrimp tacos not on the menu that were absolutely fabulous! We also had dinner there one night and that was amazing as well. We had the coconut shrimp for an appetizer and couldn't decide between 2 entrees so the waiter gave us a half order of each. We also loved the dinner we had at Emiliano's, crab cakes for appetizer and a mahi mahi special for an entree and the cheesecake for dessert. Both of us ate every single bite and my husband is usually very picky.

One of our absolute favorite experiences was the chefs dinner. The welcome drink and wine pairings were fantastic as well as every bite of food. After dinner we had drinks at the lobby bar with 2 of the other couples staying there and our only regret was that we didn't meet them prior to our last night.

We also had dinner at the Velas Vallarta steakhouse. The meal and service were very good there but we were more than ready to return to the always peaceful and relaxing Casa Velas.

We asked many questions and were always given good answers from all the staff in the lobby and getting a taxi was extremely quick and efficient. Rangel did a great job of letting us know what to expect, including how many pesos each cab ride would cost us ahead of time.

If u are looking for complete relaxation and having every wish granted then this is the resort for you!

As soon as I am prepared to leave our kids at home again, we will be back!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Traceyannelove
casavelasmanagement, Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2014

RESPUESTA:
Tracey Anne, I am overjoyed that we were able to eclipse your expectations as well as your husband´s “picky” appetite. As you now know, being a boutique hotel gives us the opportunity to personally dialogue with each guest in order to provide their preferred dishes in the way that you like. And for my chefs to customize plates for you really was not asking too much. It is our great pleasure that you permit us the opportunity to be even more creative. And that personalized service extends to the Chef´s Dinner where you were able to enjoy his culinary demonstrations in the good company of others. I am glad that you were able to dine in our sister resort Velas Vallarta. It is distinctly different than Casa Velas based on its sheer size and family orientated theme, but the consistency in quality is always provided. We are honored that you are preparing to make plans to return for a vacation of “complete relaxation” when the opportunity permits and you can be sure that Rangel will be there with his smile and professional service, ready to take care of your comfort and personal delights. Thank you for your wonderful comments and all the best to you and your family in Waukee, Iowa. Take care.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Holy Guacamole, I rate this place 6 stars!

Casa Velas is truly like heaven on earth. My wife and I spent 7 nights there for our anniversary, June 17 to 24. My wife’s sister and her husband joined us at Casa Velas for 5 of our 7 night stay. From the minute we drove through the front gates for the first time, to getting into the cab to return home, Casa Velas always made us all feel like royalty.

If you are looking for a quiet luxury vacation for complete rest and relaxation, CV is for you. If you are looking for a loud, big party time vacation, CV is not that kind of resort.
I know that mid-June is not the busy season for Mexico, and as long as it’s not raining, I prefer the slower times for my R&R vacations. A lot of the time on this trip it seemed that the resort staff outnumbered the guests. Imagine that!

We were upgraded us to an Ambassador suite because it was our anniversary trip. Fantastic 2 story suite with 2 bathrooms and a plunge pool (we didn’t use the plunge pool). There was a giant Jacuzzi tub in the upstairs bathroom and a very private patio like outdoor sitting area upstairs next to the Jacuzzi. The downstairs patio was partially covered by this upper “deck”. We were in #501 and had a great view of the beautiful golf course. The king bed was perfect and the AC could freeze you out, if it was set to cold. Would have used the downstairs living room more, but there was no TV downstairs. The TV upstairs was just fine.

The customer service at CV is simply the best we have experienced anywhere. We have been to some fantastic resorts in the past, but we have never had personal service like this. I think that Casa Velas is probably one of the best places to work in Puerto Vallarta, so they have their pick of the best potential employees in the area. I would hire any CV staff member myself if they would just move to my town in Arkansas. Every single encounter we had with PV staff was great, never a fumble.

Food. Where do I start? Fantastic seems accurate. There are only 2 restaurants, but you can mix it up with the Velas Vallarta nearby if you want. And if you stay 5 or more nights, you can go to the beautiful new Grand Velas for a dinner. It's only a 20 minute car ride north. The food at Emiliano and the Ocean Club is outstanding. The restaurant at the Ocean Club is not open every night, so ask when and make your reservations when you arrive.

We ventured off site for a fancy dinner at the Vista Grill (#2 on Trip Advisor) one night. It was a super experience. We had great food, great service and an amazing view of the entire bay. But, the food and service at the Casa Velas was just as good. So, I won’t compare the CV food to other all inclusive resorts. The food and service at the CV are going toe to toe with the best restaurants in town.

We had lunch at the Velas Vallarta one afternoon, and the food seemed pretty close to the CV food. It is just a short walk down the beach from the CV Ocean Club. There were a lot of kids at the Velas Vallarta, and they were having a ball. So if you are planning a family trip, you should consider this sister resort. I would bring a family group there without hesitation.
The beach club at times seemed almost like our own private oasis on the beach, complete with excellent bartenders, waiters, a chef and the cleanest restrooms in Puerto Vallarta. I know that sounds kind of weird, but I think that the restrooms got serviced at least every hour. Being a restaurant owner, I have always believed that “ the cleanliness of the restroom is a window into the kitchen.”

Upstairs at the Ocean Club they had 3 televisions to show the world cup soccer games. One of my favorite moments was being up there watching Mexico win a game. The staff was so excited, giving high fives and enjoying the moment. I wish they could have had a few drinks with us to celebrate. It was so fun.

Since we were there for a week, we got to book a dinner at the new Grand Velas resort. It’s a 20 minute cab ride North. We ate at Piaf, the Classic French restaurant. The Grand Velas is a BEAUTIFUL, new, resort with about 300 rooms. Children are allowed. The GV is nicer, newer and more expensive than the Velas Vallarta. Our dinner was great. But, overall … between the 4 of us, the food at the Casa Velas was still a little better. We never had a bad meal at any restaurant our entire trip.

Twice, the CV restaurant staff cooked us a “special meal”. The first was for my wife and I at Emiliano for our anniversary and once for all 4 of us on our last day at the Ocean Club. Both meals were off the chart! We never saw a menu either meal and they just stepped up to the plate and knocked it out of the park both times. We had filet and coconut shrimp at Emiliano and the best mahi mahi ever at the Ocean Club. If you have a special occasion during your stay, let them know. You will be glad you did.

Name time. I know I’m going to miss someone, so I’m sorry if I left you off of this list. You ALL were so great. Benny the bartender is the main man. He runs the lobby bar like a pro with a smile that never stops. Gala and Vanessa at the front desk were excellent. When we lost a bracelet or a room key, it was instantly replaced, and with a smile. Rangel at the concierge desk works magic with reservations and logistics. Sweet Victoria, Jorge, Reuben, Marco, Miguel, Luis, Freddy, Danny (all great) … do you get the picture? All of the CV staff is top shelf! We miss them all.

As we were leaving the pool for the last time on our last morning, to go pack and head to the airport, several of the staff came outside of the restaurant and hollered “Goodbye, come back soon” while waving. It was like you would do for family members. Unbelievable, I will never forget that.

One tip: Bring or buy some mosquito spray. When enjoying the fantastic outdoor spaces at Casa Velas, the mosquitos can get a little harsh without some spray. They sell it in the gift shop.
So, we can’t wait to return. This was the most luxurious resort experience we have ever enjoyed. For a comparison, we enjoyed Casa Velas more than all the Secrets resorts, both Excellence resorts, the Valentin, Live Aqua, and Pueblo Bonito Pacifica. You will be amazed when you stay at the Casa Velas. The staff and the food are the best we have found at any resort, anywhere.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the golf course are best. We never used our plunge pool.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Foodman3

Thank you so much for the resounding “6 star” review and of course for also sharing your wonderful experiences with everybody planning a luxurious vacation. Your in-depth comments really place emphasis in the personalized service that we provide and in the chef´s creations that kept you and your guests very impressed throughout your week. It pleases me and my executive chef immensely that you consider our cuisine to be in a class above hotel fare and as an all-inclusive resort we go to great lengths, many of which you kindly describe, in creating a culinary “wow” for you. Your feelings of being treated like royalty are exactly what we wish to generate amongst all our valued guests. I am glad that you enjoyed the opportunity to dine at our two sister resorts in this region. They both offer distinction in their own personal way, but I am honored that your true preference is with us at Casa Velas. It gives me the utmost pleasure to have provided you such a positive and relaxing anniversary during your trip and of course myself and all of the valuable employees that you mentioned will be waiting for your return in order to continue with our “6 star” treatment. Take care and all the best to you and your restaurant endeavors in Ft. Smith, Arkansas.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

This 5/22/14-5/29/14 Trip was our second stay at Casa Velas. We are happy to report the resort remains as beautiful, and the staff accomodating and helpful as they were during our first visit 2 years ago. Rangel the concierge and his staff gave us a very warm welcome and arranged our airport transportation to and from the airport, The reception staff, starting with Vanessa and the others were extremely helpful in making our room arrangements, exchanging money, printing documents and making local phone calls for us. The quality of the food at the resort restaurant Emiliano, and at the Beach club restaurant was excellent. The waiter staff was excellent as usual. Carlos, Edgar and the rest of the morning crew, pampered us and our friends during our breakfast meals, while Bernardo and his crew pampered us during our dinner meals. All our meals were very delicious, flavorful, and beautifully presented. We thoroughly enjoyed our 2 delicious and interesting "chef meals" presentations (intimate dinners with a small group of guests and the chef), and enjoyed Ekar, chef Daniel, discuss and present the special meals. The Bar staff - Freddy at the pool and Benny at night constantly, always made sure we had our drinks and snacks, mixing very good thirst quenching cocktails. Our room was upgraded to a large and lovely deluxe king suite. We enjoyed lazy days lounging by the lovely pool's swim up bar, as well as lounging at the resort's private beach club. We wish we could have stayed longer. We can hardly wait to return. Victor C and Jim B

Room Tip: The grand luxe suite rooms are more spacious and have private splash pools or Jacuzzi tubs. Make sure to go to the private Beach club and enjoy the beach. Make reservations for a Beach Club dinner so that you can dine during sunset. Make reservations for the "Chef" dinners.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Victor C
casavelasmanagement, General Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Dear Guest,

It’s always such a joy to welcome a repetitive guest back home to Casa Velas it’s a wonderful motivation to heaved exceeded your expectations in service, making a vacation memory to always remember in your hearths . I will personally share your review to all the staff to motivate them in always offering a warm and unique service.

Once again thank you for taking the time to share your comment in tripadvisor we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 11, 2014

7 minutes from the airport. This resort is not on the beach. However, they do have a shuttle to their own private beach club area which is very beautiful, and has bar service. The resort has its own golf course with unlimited golf. The golf cart is $55 per day. They have a beautiful botanical garden. The open air lobby has beautiful tall arches that opens up onto the grounds. There are large fish ponds just off from the lobby. The rooms have high wood ceilings and beams, very beautiful. There are golf lessons, tequila tasting, Latin night, lots of live music.Reservations are required for dinner and there is a dress code (no shorts). If you stay more than 5 nights, you can have dinner at the Grand Velas Nayarit and transfers are included.You can use all of the facilities are Velas Vallarta which is 2 minutes away. I did not eat here, but I am confident the food is delicious. I did not see many children here. Mostly saw adults enjoying the pool and playing golf.

Room Tip: The Grand Classic rooms have their own immersion pool on the patio and they overlook the golf course.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Racing2dayBedfordTX

Dear Guest,

Casa Velas is an exclusive 80 suites all adults boutique hotel with a very personalized warm service , as a boutique hotel from Velas Resorts we offer unique activities and benefits to all of our guest as the ones you mention and many more. I personally would like to thank you for your feedback in tripadvisor and I hope that we can have the pleasure to host you soon in the near future to enjoy the many benefits of Casa Velas.

Best Regards,