The carrier American Airlines suck.
Now for the review. Casa Velas is a somewhat quaint, romantic, excellently maintained boutique resort. This is currently the off season in Puerto Vallarta so there weren't very many people pool side at any given time during our stay. That allowed the drinks and snacks to continously flow. If I had one issue, it would be the lack of consistency with the drink "making". Benny, who worked at the evening bar was easily the best. I'm not a foodie, so I really can't speak on the food other than I never skipped a meal. Hard to beat fresh salsa and guacomole!
The room overlooked the golf course and was nicely apportioned. Even though I didn't get in the mini-jacuzzi on the balcony, my wife throughly enjoyed it.
The staff was amazing at every turn. From explaining futbol to me to having a double shot of tequila waiting for me as I turned the corner. (Benny heard me coming).
Overall I would give my experience a "9". The only reason it gets a nine is because of the beach at the sister property. All I will say is that it was not the color sand I was looking for and there were rocks in the surf as you ventured into the water. From what I heard, there are better beaches in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the perfect resort retreat in the Mexican Pacific Riviera, where luxury and romanticism combine in perfect harmony. Resembling a private estate, Casa Velas offers Condé Nast and AAA award-winning service in a casually elegant and intimate boutique atmosphere in Puerto Vallarta. This boutique hotel enjoys a garden setting surrounded by the Marina Vallarta Golf Course. A beachside experience waits just three minutes away at your private Ocean Club, with stunning sunsets and memorable dining. Unlimited transport is available day and night to whisk you to the golden shores of the Mexican Pacific. The Ocean Club is a place of supreme peace and tranquility for enjoying an infinity pool, jacuzzi and terrace with impressive ocean views. Our luxurious getaway invites you to enjoy the comforting sounds and vibrant colors of the tropics as you discover the true meaning of relaxation and luxury at an all-inclusive Puerto Vallarta resort paradise. Recently chosen as one of the Top 10 hotels in Mexico and the Caribbean in three categories - Luxury, Relaxation/Spa and Hotel for Romance - by TripAdvisor®, Casa Velas is an enchanting destination where simple pleasures rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa Velas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velas Boutique Resort
- Hotel Casa Velas Boutique