Holy Guacamole, I rate this place 6 stars!
Casa Velas is truly like heaven on earth. My wife and I spent 7 nights there for our anniversary, June 17 to 24. My wife’s sister and her husband joined us at Casa Velas for 5 of our 7 night stay. From the minute we drove through the front gates for the first time, to getting into the cab to return home, Casa Velas always made us all feel like royalty.
If you are looking for a quiet luxury vacation for complete rest and relaxation, CV is for you. If you are looking for a loud, big party time vacation, CV is not that kind of resort.
I know that mid-June is not the busy season for Mexico, and as long as it’s not raining, I prefer the slower times for my R&R vacations. A lot of the time on this trip it seemed that the resort staff outnumbered the guests. Imagine that!
We were upgraded us to an Ambassador suite because it was our anniversary trip. Fantastic 2 story suite with 2 bathrooms and a plunge pool (we didn’t use the plunge pool). There was a giant Jacuzzi tub in the upstairs bathroom and a very private patio like outdoor sitting area upstairs next to the Jacuzzi. The downstairs patio was partially covered by this upper “deck”. We were in #501 and had a great view of the beautiful golf course. The king bed was perfect and the AC could freeze you out, if it was set to cold. Would have used the downstairs living room more, but there was no TV downstairs. The TV upstairs was just fine.
The customer service at CV is simply the best we have experienced anywhere. We have been to some fantastic resorts in the past, but we have never had personal service like this. I think that Casa Velas is probably one of the best places to work in Puerto Vallarta, so they have their pick of the best potential employees in the area. I would hire any CV staff member myself if they would just move to my town in Arkansas. Every single encounter we had with PV staff was great, never a fumble.
Food. Where do I start? Fantastic seems accurate. There are only 2 restaurants, but you can mix it up with the Velas Vallarta nearby if you want. And if you stay 5 or more nights, you can go to the beautiful new Grand Velas for a dinner. It's only a 20 minute car ride north. The food at Emiliano and the Ocean Club is outstanding. The restaurant at the Ocean Club is not open every night, so ask when and make your reservations when you arrive.
We ventured off site for a fancy dinner at the Vista Grill (#2 on Trip Advisor) one night. It was a super experience. We had great food, great service and an amazing view of the entire bay. But, the food and service at the Casa Velas was just as good. So, I won’t compare the CV food to other all inclusive resorts. The food and service at the CV are going toe to toe with the best restaurants in town.
We had lunch at the Velas Vallarta one afternoon, and the food seemed pretty close to the CV food. It is just a short walk down the beach from the CV Ocean Club. There were a lot of kids at the Velas Vallarta, and they were having a ball. So if you are planning a family trip, you should consider this sister resort. I would bring a family group there without hesitation.
The beach club at times seemed almost like our own private oasis on the beach, complete with excellent bartenders, waiters, a chef and the cleanest restrooms in Puerto Vallarta. I know that sounds kind of weird, but I think that the restrooms got serviced at least every hour. Being a restaurant owner, I have always believed that “ the cleanliness of the restroom is a window into the kitchen.”
Upstairs at the Ocean Club they had 3 televisions to show the world cup soccer games. One of my favorite moments was being up there watching Mexico win a game. The staff was so excited, giving high fives and enjoying the moment. I wish they could have had a few drinks with us to celebrate. It was so fun.
Since we were there for a week, we got to book a dinner at the new Grand Velas resort. It’s a 20 minute cab ride North. We ate at Piaf, the Classic French restaurant. The Grand Velas is a BEAUTIFUL, new, resort with about 300 rooms. Children are allowed. The GV is nicer, newer and more expensive than the Velas Vallarta. Our dinner was great. But, overall … between the 4 of us, the food at the Casa Velas was still a little better. We never had a bad meal at any restaurant our entire trip.
Twice, the CV restaurant staff cooked us a “special meal”. The first was for my wife and I at Emiliano for our anniversary and once for all 4 of us on our last day at the Ocean Club. Both meals were off the chart! We never saw a menu either meal and they just stepped up to the plate and knocked it out of the park both times. We had filet and coconut shrimp at Emiliano and the best mahi mahi ever at the Ocean Club. If you have a special occasion during your stay, let them know. You will be glad you did.
Name time. I know I’m going to miss someone, so I’m sorry if I left you off of this list. You ALL were so great. Benny the bartender is the main man. He runs the lobby bar like a pro with a smile that never stops. Gala and Vanessa at the front desk were excellent. When we lost a bracelet or a room key, it was instantly replaced, and with a smile. Rangel at the concierge desk works magic with reservations and logistics. Sweet Victoria, Jorge, Reuben, Marco, Miguel, Luis, Freddy, Danny (all great) … do you get the picture? All of the CV staff is top shelf! We miss them all.
As we were leaving the pool for the last time on our last morning, to go pack and head to the airport, several of the staff came outside of the restaurant and hollered “Goodbye, come back soon” while waving. It was like you would do for family members. Unbelievable, I will never forget that.
One tip: Bring or buy some mosquito spray. When enjoying the fantastic outdoor spaces at Casa Velas, the mosquitos can get a little harsh without some spray. They sell it in the gift shop.
So, we can’t wait to return. This was the most luxurious resort experience we have ever enjoyed. For a comparison, we enjoyed Casa Velas more than all the Secrets resorts, both Excellence resorts, the Valentin, Live Aqua, and Pueblo Bonito Pacifica. You will be amazed when you stay at the Casa Velas. The staff and the food are the best we have found at any resort, anywhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the perfect resort retreat in the Mexican Pacific Riviera, where luxury and romanticism combine in perfect harmony. Resembling a private estate, Casa Velas offers Condé Nast and AAA award-winning service in a casually elegant and intimate boutique atmosphere in Puerto Vallarta. This boutique hotel enjoys a garden setting surrounded by the Marina Vallarta Golf Course. A beachside experience waits just three minutes away at your private Ocean Club, with stunning sunsets and memorable dining. Unlimited transport is available day and night to whisk you to the golden shores of the Mexican Pacific. The Ocean Club is a place of supreme peace and tranquility for enjoying an infinity pool, jacuzzi and terrace with impressive ocean views. Our luxurious getaway invites you to enjoy the comforting sounds and vibrant colors of the tropics as you discover the true meaning of relaxation and luxury at an all-inclusive Puerto Vallarta resort paradise. Recently chosen as one of the Top 10 hotels in Mexico and the Caribbean in three categories - Luxury, Relaxation/Spa and Hotel for Romance - by TripAdvisor®, Casa Velas is an enchanting destination where simple pleasures rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa Velas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velas Boutique Resort
- Hotel Casa Velas Boutique