“Relaxing week at Casa Velas”
Review of Casa Velas

Casa Velas
Ranked #2 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We just got back from CV and everything every one says about the service, people, and atmosphere about this resort are true. It was a great relaxing week at a beautiful resort.

A few comments to add to all the great things already mentioned by others:

- Great wi-fi service all over the resort
- Don't prebook transportation to the resort. It is only a 7 minute taxi ride so you can do that on your own
-We were there during a low time so the resort was quiet but the people we met were all very friendly. Quite a few Honeymooners.
-It was HOT during the first week of June though. Too hot to really do much except sit by the pool. High humidity too.
-The Beach Club is great just like everyone said and we really liked the Asian Fusion menu there
-Be sure to ask what special events are being held since they aren't always well advertised but definitely worth attending
-We took at taxi down to the Malecon (Boardwalk) which was fun (went on a cloudy morning before it got too warm) - worth a trip down there. It is nice and new with lots of shop, restaurants, and bars.
-The AC worked too well in our room - we had to have them turn it up a couple of degrees since it was too cool in our room for us to be comfortable.

We don't usually go back to the same place twice but would definitely consider returning to Casa Velas with friends.

Room Tip: Our first floor suite was just right.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank NEcruiser9
casavelasmanagement, General Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2014

Thank you for your terrific insights on your experiences during your visit to Casa Velas. We are really pleased that your relaxing vacation mirrored much of what you had read on TripAdvisor before you came to know us in person. And now you have come full circle by writing your own review on those pleasant times. I hope that the memories of your stay last a long time and become a deciding factor when it is time to plan your next relaxing week in luxury. Thank you again and from all of us we send you our kind wishes to everyone in Omaha, Nebraska. Take care.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Casa Velas was a quaint, quiet way to end out 12 days in Mexico. A beautiful garden property with friendly & attentive staff and optional amenities for your use, making it versatile for any traveler.

FAVORITES
1. The restaurant on property was RIDICULOUSLY AMAZING. Being low season, we had the restaurant to OURSELVES. The food was phenomenal and the staff was amazing. Everything from the Caesar Salad to Beef Filet was incredible- ALL INCLUSIVE dining option a MUST. *see picture

2. Although the property is not located directly on the beach, the private ocean club you have access too is AMAZING. Again, low season was fantastic for us- no people, wait staff of 7 at your service. You have a shuttle driver at your disposal when ever you want to go back and forth! *see picture

HELPFUL HINTS

1. The rooms aren't anything to gawk over- so don't upgrade to a room with a "plunge pool". Not worth it. The bathrooms should be bigger for the price point, just sayin'.

2. Although there is only one restaurant on property, you have access to their sister resort with TWO MORE restaurants and the private ocean club with a restaurant as well. Utilize these amenities to get a bigger bang for your buck.

Room Tip: Don't upgrade to room with a "plunge pool", NOT WORTH IT. Stick with a regular room an...
2  Thank Shawn C
casavelasmanagement, Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2014

Thank you very much Shawn for your glowing comments on your May vacation with us. Actually there really is not any such thing as a low season any more, but more like low months. And May is precisely one of those. Right after Easter the vacation demand tends to decrease and in reading your review I am pleased that you were able to take full advantage of the personalized service that we have. It was almost as if you were in your own house/mansion with all the hired help that you could ever wish for at your beck and call. I am glad Shawn that we could provide for all your needs during your relaxing stay and maybe on your next luxurious visit we can show you some suites that are available at the moment in order for you to decide which category is best suited for your needs. Thank you again Shawn for your delightful review and on behalf of all of your 130 employees, I send our warm greetings to you and yours in Tucson, Arizona. Take care.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

From the moment you get there the staff are genuine and truly interested in making your vacation memorable. I can't imagine a better experience than what we had. If you want to have a relaxing totally amazing vacation this place is for you. If you want rugrats running around, crowds of people etc this place isn't for you. If you want a great adult vacation in a beautiful setting run by a staff that truly takes pride in their jobs this the place for you. The pictures you see on the web site is exactly what you get. There isn't any smoke and mirrors here. We will be back there for sure . Thank you to everyone on staff for making our vacation like a 2nd honeymoon.

Room Tip: Plunge pool rooms are wonderfully.
1  Thank c0uplereview
casavelasmanagement, General Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2014

Thank you very much for expressing your delight on your choice of adult-only resorts. This boutique hotel in Puerto Vallarta is a distinct alternative from the mainstream resorts. It’s one that lets you relax and submerse in a tranquil and luxurious atmosphere with no rushing or crowds to surround you. I am very glad that you felt that my staff was very attentive to your vacation needs and that the ambience that complemented that service was the perfect combination for your “amazing vacation”. I hope that you consider us in the future for when the time comes to “feel like you´re on your honeymoon” again. Take care and our special regards to you in beautiful San Diego, California.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

A friend and I, just returned from spending 3 wonderful days in this beautiful hotel. By the time we arrived to the hotel, the warmest welcome from each person , made us fell at home.The bedrooms are decorated in a traditional Mexican style, and the bathroom products and the bedding were just with an excellent quality..The facilities are beautiful, it enjoys peace and tranquility in all the areas.. The food in the restaurant Emiliano was very good and with excellent presentation each dish..
But what makes the difference in this hotel , for to be one of the best of Puerto Vallarta is the people, each person was smiling and doing everything possible to make us happy. In special Vanesa the manager, who gave to us the best attention every second, almost reading our mind for any desire we had.. Thank you so much Vanesa you made our holiday the best, with your smile and all your attentions.. Thank you also to Joel, who did for us all reservations, giving to us information about Puerto Vallarta..and anything else we needed.. Thank you so much Joel for to be really interesting every day in all our activities, smiling with your great personality.
I highly recommend the Casa Velas Hotel, and of course we will be soon there!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank marcela c
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We had a wonderful vacation at Casa Velas last week. My wife and I had been to this hotel four years ago and liked it very much. We returned this time with a small group of family members and friends, three of whom had special needs. The staff couldn't have been nicer to us and the service was excellent. The entire facility is still very well maintained, as is the beach club, and access to Velas Vallarta gave us many options in terms of activities and entertainment -- quiet for some, more lively for others. The food and service at Emiliano's and the beach club are excellent, and the staff at the spa was particularly welcoming. Vanessa, about whom a couple of other reviews have commented negatively, greeted us upon arrival and was terrific in terms of making sure that our accomodations met our needs and that we were happy throughout our stay. Other staff members who gave us special treatment were Rangel, Jorge, Joel, Efrem and Oscar (concierge and front door) and Carlos, Marco, Benny, Daniel, Jorge and especially the always smiling and extremely pleasant Gerardo (restaurants and bars).

We would highly recommend Casa Velas to anyone looking for a relaxing, quiet and very enjoyable vacation.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank lookingforfivestars
Reviewed May 21, 2014

This place is just so special and we really enjoyed our stay. We were celebrating my 40th and wanted someplace special and luxurious. We were narrowed down our choices to Enchantment Resort in Sedona (considered one the finest destination spa resorts in the world) and Casa Velas. We ultimately chose Casa Velas and don't have a single regret.

We arrived on the day of my birthday and we had let the resort know ahead of time it was my birthday. Our prearranged transportation with VIP (arranged by Casa Velas) was easily found at the airport and we were at Casa Velas within minutes. When we arrived the concierge was able to confirm our dinner reservations for our stay which included a dinner at the beach club, the chef's dinner, and one dinner at Emiliano. Check in seemed a bit confused as there were unclear on how much deposit we had put down and what balance was due. It was settled after a short wait and we were shown to our room.

Our room was a Grand Class Suite (not the plus category) which had a king bed and a Jacuzzi on the balcony. I think it must dependent upon what room you get if you have a Jacuzzi or plunge pool on the balcony. It was too hot during our stay to sit in the Jacuzzi. Not sure I would upgrade next time as we never used it. King bed was very comfortable and bathroom while a bit small and dated was clean and nice enough. Quite a bit of noise does come in from the hall at night including birds all night long and the occasional squak from a peacock. We simply downloaded a whitenoise app on our phone and didn't hear a thing after that. We enjoyed the room and found it to be very comfortable. Airconditioning was very strong and kept us cool. There was a bottle of wine and a happy birthday cake in the room when we arrived which was a nice touch.

We changed and went for a late lunch by the pool. There were only a few people by the pool and bottles of water and drinks were brought quickly. We had a steak quesadilla, shrimp wontons, and shrimp cocktail (not on the menu but so good so ask for it). They were all delicious and the shrimp cocktail was wonderful with a kick of chili lime sauce. The descriptions of the food on the menu sounded plain but the actual taste and presentation far exceeded our expectations. This was the highest quality pool food we had ever had at an all inclusive by a long shot and I think is on par or exceeds that in non-all inclusive 5 star resorts.

That night we headed to the Tequila Tasting headed by Ecker. It was an informative lesson on the types of Mezcal and in particular Tequila along with cultural background. We really enjoyed it (even if I didn't care for the Tequila as I am not generally a drinker of spirits.) We had dinner at the beach club and found the food to be wonderful and the setting was amazing. The guitarist (along with the several other guests there) sang me happy birthday and our dessert plate read happy birthday. My husband surprised me with a bottle of champagne that he had arranged prior to our arrival. Service was outstanding and the sunset was just the perfect ending to the day. We went to grab a glass of wine at the lobby bar to take to our room and Benny offered us the bottle. It was nice as we stored it in our fridge and we were able to have a bedtime glass of wine in our room the rest of our stay.

Breakfasts were either room service or at Emilianos. We found all the food to be delicious and freshly prepared. Plenty of fruit and healthy options on offer as well as sausages and bacon. If you don't see what you want on the menu, just ask.

The following days were spent at the beach club enjoying the beach side infinity pool, great drink service and lunch. I have never found Asian food to be good at any Mexican resort I had been to previously, though they all try to do it. However, we found the Asian inspired dishes to be very tasty here, specifically I enjoyed the shrimp fried rice and tuna tataki at the beach club. If you want something listed as an entrée as an appetizer, just ask. Really, whatever you want, just ask. They don't miss a beat and if it is possible, I felt as they would make any reasonable request happen.

We enjoyed the chef's dinner one night led again by Ecker and the wonderful chef which is served with cocktails and wine pairings. The food is presented in front of you and they explain how it is made and the ingredients. They incorporate the popular dishes at the chef's dinner into the main menu so they ask for your feedback to see if it should make it to the main menu. I enjoyed that I would not have ordered the items presented to me so I got to try things I would not have thought to try. For example, I never order Mahi Mahi as I usually find it to be overcooked and dry. The night of the chef dinner they served Mahi around a fish mouse (seemed like a meatball to me) with pepper and cheese sauces and it was moist and so delicious. The tamarind margarita was also something I wouldn't have thought to order but really enjoyed. We got to know the others at the table and because this is such a small resort we continued to have conversations with them wherever we saw them the rest of our stay. Really an outstanding experience. We would have paid several hundreds of dollars for this experience in our home state or in Napa, so to have this included in our stay was amazing. Dinner at Emiliano's the following night was as wonderful.

We can't wait to return and I hope to make this an annual birthday tradition. The service is on par with most U.S. five star resorts and better than many. By far the food and service here is better than any other Mexican resort we have stayed at. While not inexpensive, the value is there. Thanks for my best birthday weekend ever.

5  Thank noodle08
Reviewed May 14, 2014

My husband and I recently returned from a truly fabulous week at Casa Vela.

Our experience at this boutique resort was outstanding in every regard. It started with our initial contact with their booking agent, Fernanda Olmos, who not only satisfied all of our enquiries, but was impressively prompt in her follow up on our additional requests for information. She couldn’t have been more helpful and her attention continued even after the booking, through to making personal contact at the resort to ensure all our wants were being looked after.

The service we received at this property was second to none. From check-in,the lobby staff, concierge service to the staff at the restaurant, to the housekeeping staff, the attention and service we received was truly outstanding. The dining experience at this property was nothing short of gourmet. The restaurant is open from 7:00am to 11:00pm and regardless of the time of day that we showed up, we were warmly greeted, seated, and served to the highest of standards. Beyond this the menu options were extensive and the food was fantastic. Throughout our entire week at Casa Velas we did not have a meal that we did not thoroughly enjoy.

Our room was spacious, well appointed, and included a plunge pool on our balcony, which offered a great view out onto the 11th and 18th fairways of Puerto Vallarta’s Marina golf course. As we are both golfers, the view in itself delivered some great entertainment value.

A primary motivator for this trip was our love of golf, and this resort provided us with full access to three golf courses: the Marina golf course next door, as well as the two courses at Vista Vallarta, both of which are spectacular PGA champion courses, located fifteen minutes away, up in the mountains overlooking Puerto Vallarta.

Overall this trip either met or exceeded our expectations. The golf was exceptional as was everything about Casa Velas.

My husband and I have travelled extensively, and we typically seek out new destinations and experiences, however Casa Velas is definitely on our list of properties we will return to.

Thank you everyone at Casa Velas for going out of you way to ensure we had a truly wonderful and memorable vacation.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Yamina C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Vallarta
Hotel Mousai
Hotel Mousai
#4 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & ...
#13 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Secrets Vallarta Bay Puerto Vallarta
Secrets Vallarta Bay Puerto Vall...
#14 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Velas Vallarta
Velas Vallarta
#5 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
#1 of 28 in Nuevo Vallarta
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & ...
#6 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta

Been to Casa Velas? Share your experiences!