Worried about not being on the beach--don't be! A 2 minute ride gets you to the private beach club that is not crowded, noisy or full of screaming children. Nice bar service there, beautiful pool, plenty of nice lounge chairs with towels provided and curtains to block the sun, showers that are clean and well kept, plus the best view of the ocean available. The pool back at the hotel is beautiful and also has great service, but it is shaded much of the day by the many palm trees. Okay for reading a book, but you may need to move around to get a tan.
Our room (the basic model) was beautiful, clean and well-kept. The bed was in great shape, very firm and comfortable.The shower is huge, big enough any couple. Housekeeping staff and turn-down service are amazing (they would even fold and stack any dirty laundry left on the bathroom floor). The rest of the staff are fanatics about wanting to serve you, and we didn't encounter a single rude or unmotivated staff member. All seem sincerely interested in pampering you, so our time there was a real treat. Benny and Daniel are true rock stars of the bartending business, and their antics, jokes and great conversation will keep you at the bar way longer than you intended. Waitstaff in the restaurant treat you like royalty as well. The concierge, front-desk staff and room service waiters all deserve mention for outstanding service. The food at the beech club is amazing, as is the wine list and the quality of service.
I wish I could give our stay 4.5 stars, as we had a few issues. Two room-service goofs, one the wrong order (very promptly replaced) and one served almost 1/2 hour late, as we were on the way out for a tour. The room safe failed twice. I had duck at the restaurant that was terribly rubbery, but all other meals were great. Two requests for wake-up calls got nothing. Gift shop is tiny and has little resort wear with the hotel name.The gift shop could be so much more. Staff did smooth over any irritation I may have felt by giving us a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries on our last day there.
Overall the staff, rooms, facility and amenities get an A++++. Location off the beech is actually very nice. Make sure you go to the sister hotel for dinner as well (Velas Vallarta) as we had a fantastic meal and service there (just avoid fiesta night). For those of you who are the first pick of mosquitoes, bring bug spray, as there are tiny biting flies that leave welts that ooze and then turn to scars. I still have them from a trip 10 years ago.
Lastly, at the airport upon your arrival, once you have your bags, go past all the people saying that they are with your hotel or will provide your transportation. They are selling excursions and arranging time share sales presentations; your ride is outside. Nobody at the desks outside baggage pickup is there to help you, so do not make eye contact. Flip them off and walk away. I wish the airport would kick them out. Buy excursions from the hotel rep. It's safer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to a beautiful beach resort in Puerto Vallarta for an indulgent vacation refuge with sublime dining, a pristine beach, ocean club, golf courses, pools and a spa. Our spectacular resort is within walking distance of Puerto Vallarta's sophisticated 500-slip marina and 15 minutes from the city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Casa Velas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velas Boutique Resort
- Hotel Casa Velas Boutique