“welcome to Paradise!”

Casa Velas
Ranked #2 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 23, 2008

My new husband and I went to Casa Velas for our honeymoon. We picked the hotel out of my mothers timeshare catalogue. It looked nice. The only things we really knew about Casa Velas was that it was an adult only, all inclusive hotel.

From the moment we pulled into the secure gated entrance, it was star treatment. They offered us drinks while checking us in and took our bags to our room. After a brief check in (Where Monica gave us a run down of the amenities and restaurant on thier property and thier sister property that we had full access to) Angel, gave us a short tour on the way to our room. The property isnt that large(compared to some of the other "resort compounds" we encountered) so it's a short walk from the front door to your hotel door. On the way to our room we passed another couple who just said to us "Welcome to Paradise!". My husband and I looked at one another and knew beyond any doubts that we had choosen the right place.

When we entered our room we turned into children on Christmas morning. It was beautiful. We were litterally jumping for joy. Nice bed with big soft pillows, large jacuzzi tub in the bathroom, mini fridge with soda, beer, and snacks that was restocked daily,plus we had a private pool right off our patio.

While Casa Velas is not beach front they provide services to make up for it. They have a spa, swim up bar in the pool, 24 hour room service, a 4-star quality restaurant, on demand shuttle service,business center, golf course, and a little shop. But if it is the beach that you want, their shuttle will take you right around the block to their very own beach club. Where they have a restaurant, infinty pool, cabanas, and they provide towels.

If you feel like this isn't enough for you, you have access to their sister hotels. The one that we went to the most was Vela Vallarta.Vela Vallarta is the beach front family property that has great restaurants with rotating menus, shops, Wii game center, nightly activities, huge pool with lazy river, Koi pond trails throughout the property, and it was just as beautiful as Casa Velas.

All in all we had an amazing time. The staff is awesome.The lanscaping is georgeous, and we just couldn't get over how wonderful everything was. You will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank HellaGela
Write a ReviewReviews (1,599)

Reviewed August 19, 2008

I stayed here for my honeymoon and absolutely loved it. The staff and amenities are amazing. We ate at el candil almost everday and the food was wonderful. The swim up bar is great and a fun place to relax. Overall the service is top of the line. The staff overhead by husband joke that it must be his birthday because of all of the great food at the brunch buffet. Ten minutes later the staff came out with a slice of cake with a candle and "Happy Birthday" written in chocolate sauce on the plate. They then sang him happy birthday, all because they overheard him say it was his birthday. If that isn't amazing service, I don't know what is.

• Stayed: September 2003, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hot_Tamale_7
Reviewed August 7, 2008

No words to describe how excellent this gorgeous hotel is.
Extremely friendly, professional staff. Beautiful flowers and plants leads you to your nicely complete decorated room, with 24 hours room service that will transform any night in a beautiful romantic experience. Counts with one of the best Spa's we've ever been to, extremely clean and well equipped gym.
Their Emiliano's Restaurant is one of the best and you'll be surprised to find at their boutique souvenirs a lot cheaper than going to downtown Vallarta.
No need to search for any other place to spend your quiet, romantic vacation.
While my husband enjoyed the golf, I was being pampered at their full service Spa, hmmm very good quality beauty products.
Don't forget to visit their Private Beach Club, it has a fantastic Asian restaurant, very tasteful food and good sushi.

We were disappointed with Casa Velas Andree italian restaurant. I guess We were expecting the same attention, quality, flavor and variety of food that we experienced at the other two restaurants. You have to be aware that Casa Velas is a family hotel, while Velas Boutique is an adult only Hotel, therefore the ambience is not the same.

Our thoughts of appreciation go to their wonderful, proficient and professional staff. Special thanks to Sergio (Hotel Manager) and Jorge. Thank you guys for going out of your way and taking really good care of us.

Hey ... Don't forget to try their full bar, National and International drinks at their best!!!!

"Casa Velas Boutique get ready to have us back this coming Nov. '08"

The Eschenasy
Pembroke Pines, FL

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Miriam07
Reviewed July 15, 2008

We went here for our honeymoon and absolutely loved it. We are both extremely picky travelers who love luxurious amenties/prpperties, etc. Casa is a beautiful boutique hotel .........just as described. The staff is EXCELLENT. They have a can-do attitude (can make arrangements and get you whatever you want.......within reason), drinks and food were perfect and best of all you have access to Velas Vallarta and the private beach club for more dining and beach choices.

We love everything that Mexico has to offer and we can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Maleeka C
Reviewed July 15, 2008

My boyfriend and I recently spent 3 nights at the lovely Casa Velas hotel in Puerto Vallarta and had a wonderful time.

The moment we arrived at Casa Velas we were seated at the reception desk and brought cold glasses of juice and moist, cold towels. Check in was a breeze and they tied the lovely little bracelets on our wrists that allow you to enjoy the all-inclusive benefits at Casa Velas as well as their sister resort (the mega family resort) Velas Vallartas.

Our room was spacious, clean and quiet. We had a garden view room and I was especially excited because this was the first hotel I had stayed at where the mini bar and mini bar snacks were all included! Craving peanuts at 3 am? No problem. All-inclusive is the way to go.

The highlight of Casa Velas is most definitely the lovely grounds, the pool and the food. I guess July is the low season so there were only a handful of other couples we ever saw around (unless everyone else was in their rooms ;) So it felt like you had the whole place to yourself. Nonstop drinks (I recommend the Miami Vice - half pina colada half strawberry daquiri) and the wonderful food (try the mahi mahi sandwich at the private beach club) made the stay even more memorable. We also dined at the restaurants at Velas Vallartas (included with the all-
inclusive price at Casa Velas) so it was nice to go to the sister hotel for a change now and then. Shuttle service to the sister hotel or the beach club was extremely prompt.

The staff is wonderful and attentive. I honestly have zero complaints about Casa Velas. I wish could have afforded to stay for a week, but even 3 nights was wonderful. I highly recommend you stay at Casa Velas on your trip to Puerto Vallarta.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TripCat80
Reviewed June 20, 2008

My husband and I needed a break with no kids (have 3, youngest are 5 year old twins) and chose an adults only (but not swinging!) hotel. In the photos, CV looks incredible, and the lobby, pool, restaurant and spa, and the grounds are lovely! Clean, sparkling, beautiful. It's the rooms that we had our issues with.

We were there a total of 6 nights and moved 4 times. Really very sad, and it took a lot of time and was very unfortunate. So, in somewhat abbreviated form, here is what happened. We checked in at night and were taken to a room at the end of the hallway in the basement. The room was fairly large, but had no couch or chairs -- so half of it was empty -- and the other half had a nice big bed, TV, etc. The next morning, we realized that we were in the back of the resort - with only a tiny window, very dark, depressing room. No way were we going to stay here for the week, so we talked to the desk, they said they'd move us later, and they did! So we packed our bags, and they moved us at about 3pm to a nice room upstairs, with a view of the grounds, and a little balcony with a nice little tub for 2 outside. perfect. well, almost. About 1 am -- the room smelled of rotten eggs, and we called the manager on duty, who came up to our room to check it out, and he agreed with us! ew. so guess what? we moved down the hall (in our jammies, we left our luggage) and slept in another room. The next morning, we went back to our room, and headed to the pool. Later that day, they explained that the air conditioner needed work and asked us if we would move. So, we did. To make it up to us, they moved us to a villa! (sounds nice, eh?) Just wait. We pack our bags (again) and are moved to a condo type room at the back of the property that has a small pool outside, a little porch, sitting area, etc. Great, we think -- and we shower to go to dinner. In the shower, as we look closer, ew. Mold, dirt, funk. We start to look closer and realize that this place has no ventilation, and seems like it has not been touched in years. No offense, but like really old, ancient smelling -- stale, funky, not at all what we want. So, we stop at the front desk on our way to dinner and the manager says that oh! he now has a room, like the one we had, and liked, and we can move into it! Well, that is all we wanted in the first place. So later that night WE PACK AGAIN AND move again to a normal room. It was a freaking nightmare.

OK -- BUT the spa is incredible, and we live in the wine country (Sonoma CA) and know good spas. The staff was very well trained, gracious, the place was lovely, sparkling, to die for!

The restaurant on property felt like a 5 star 90% of the time, which is more than we could hope for. The wait staff was so good, so well trained, so friendly, remembered us and our needs/likes each night -- we never wanted to eat anywhere else and I don't think we did! It was impeccable -- food and service. Just fantastic.

Finally -- on our next to last day, I am at the pool when a nicely dressed man with a clipboard comes over asking me about my stay. Boy, I say to him, did you hit the jackpot! Sit down my friend. I proceeded to tell him my saga, and within 10 minutes he excused himself, asking if I'd be at the pool for an hour. He came back with an older Mexican man, smoking a cigar who asked to hear my story. They both shook their heads and made it up to us on our final bill. They could have done more (in my opinion) but hey, some discount is better than nothing.

What they could not give us back was our precious time. For the expense, I expected a fairly seamless experience. It was tiring -- but parts were lovely. Hope this helps!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank QueenoftheSlipstream
Reviewed June 19, 2008

My husband and I have stayed at some pretty impressive places. I have to say that nothing compared to the Casa Velas. The staff, food, service and beauty of the Hotel was beyond our expectations . (I kept saying I can picture Jennifer Aniston staying here and it turns out that she was at a villa right down the street on the same weekend!)

We would like to express our special appreciation to the staff. They made our stay extraordinary. A special thanks to Mauricio, Angel, and Oscar! Well done Casa Velas Boutique Hotel!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple