Where to start??
We just spent a wonderful week at Casa Velas. The resort and the locals were some of the most warm, friendly people I've ever encountered. Such a charming city and an even more charming and quaint hotel.
So many PROs:
-check in and check out was seamless. Easiest experience we have had compared to Caribbean locations
-amazingly efficient A/C. Room was nice and cool after a warm day
-quick transportation to the beach club. It was like the best of both worlds...the main pool and restaurants in a lush landscaped area and another pool and restaurant at the beach
-the BED. So comfortable! Even better than home.
-the STAFF. Everyone was incredible, and people like Rangel, Benny, Manuel, Fredy and Pedro really make you feel like family.
-the FOOD. Breakfast was my favorite, and we really enjoyed the seafood dishes. Coming from Oklahoma where steak is pretty amazing, we preferred the seafood over the meat dishes.
-the DRINKS. So many fun drinks of the day at the pool bar! We also loved trying more local wines (Montevina) and the Paloma is one of my new favorites.
-the CITY. Old town was a wonderful day trip! Loved the shops, bars, restaurants and more friendly faces
Our first weekend at Casa Velas, a wedding of roughly 130 guests was also at the hotel. I think the staff did a wonderful job entertaining the few of us not part of the wedding group, including opening up the beach club for dinner an extra night while there was a reception going on. We enjoyed the liveliness of the wedding guests, as it was a little different than the rest of the quiet stay.
We also had the opportunity to enjoy a dinner at Grand Velas, and while the food was amazing, we easily preferred the atmosphere at Casa Velas. So much warmth and smiles and feeling like it was our "home".
We could not be happier with PV and Casa Velas and cannot wait to return! Thank you for an incredible stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the perfect resort retreat in the Mexican Pacific Riviera, where luxury and romanticism combine in perfect harmony. Resembling a private estate, Casa Velas offers Condé Nast and AAA award-winning service in a casually elegant and intimate boutique atmosphere in Puerto Vallarta. This boutique hotel enjoys a garden setting surrounded by the Marina Vallarta Golf Course. A beachside experience waits just three minutes away at your private Ocean Club, with stunning sunsets and memorable dining. Unlimited transport is available day and night to whisk you to the golden shores of the Mexican Pacific. The Ocean Club is a place of supreme peace and tranquility for enjoying an infinity pool, jacuzzi and terrace with impressive ocean views. Our luxurious getaway invites you to enjoy the comforting sounds and vibrant colors of the tropics as you discover the true meaning of relaxation and luxury at an all-inclusive Puerto Vallarta resort paradise. Recently chosen as one of the Top 10 hotels in Mexico and the Caribbean in three categories - Luxury, Relaxation/Spa and Hotel for Romance - by TripAdvisor®, Casa Velas is an enchanting destination where simple pleasures rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa Velas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velas Boutique Resort
- Hotel Casa Velas Boutique