My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon at Casa Velas. I had been in 2009 with some family and friends and knew it would be a great place for our honeymoon. Everything about Casa Velas is exceptional, to the check in, to the check out. I'm horrible with names and I wish I had written them down but every employee there is so special and nice, they go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Manuel works in the main restaurant and is great, make sure and ask him to make you his special coffee, it's really beautiful. The food is hands down the best you will ever get an an all inclusive, I don't even count the food as all inclusive quality, it's above and beyond, all fresh, perfect sizes, and exceptionally good.
My favorite place to hang all day is at the beach club, which is a short 3 min shuttle away from the main resort. It's worth it. It is so relaxing and beautiful, you can't help but relax. The service is again, amazingly good. Bring money for tipping, they deserve every bit of it.
The rooms are very beautifully laid out, the showers are huge. My only complaint about the room is that the shower never got very warm, and the water pressure was weak. It was so warm that the cooler shower was ok, but I love a good hot shower. But the shower's themselves are really big and nice.
Only other thing I think Casa Velas should invest in is a better beer selection. They had a very limited selection of Mexican beers, which is good, but I'm use to better quality beers, and would have liked to have had a wider variety to choose from.
Oh, and I slept so well there, I have to find out what mattress they use, as I am a poor sleeper normally, but slept like a baby there.
With that said, we will be back. It's just too nice of a place with too nice of people working there.
As far as excursions, I highly recommend the zip line river canopy tour. The staff there is very nice, very safe, and we loved every minute of it. I did it this one in 2009 and even recognized one of the guides, that made me good that they can retain their employees.
I can't wait for our next week at Casa Velas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to a beautiful beach resort in Puerto Vallarta for an indulgent vacation refuge with sublime dining, a pristine beach, ocean club, golf courses, pools and a spa. Our spectacular resort is within walking distance of Puerto Vallarta's sophisticated 500-slip marina and 15 minutes from the city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PROMOTORA TURISTICA PUNTA BETE S.A.P.I. DE C.V., BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Casa Velas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velas Boutique Resort
- Hotel Casa Velas Boutique