“2nd time at Casa Velas and we will be back”
Review of Casa Velas

Casa Velas
Ranked #2 of 122 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon at Casa Velas. I had been in 2009 with some family and friends and knew it would be a great place for our honeymoon. Everything about Casa Velas is exceptional, to the check in, to the check out. I'm horrible with names and I wish I had written them down but every employee there is so special and nice, they go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Manuel works in the main restaurant and is great, make sure and ask him to make you his special coffee, it's really beautiful. The food is hands down the best you will ever get an an all inclusive, I don't even count the food as all inclusive quality, it's above and beyond, all fresh, perfect sizes, and exceptionally good.
My favorite place to hang all day is at the beach club, which is a short 3 min shuttle away from the main resort. It's worth it. It is so relaxing and beautiful, you can't help but relax. The service is again, amazingly good. Bring money for tipping, they deserve every bit of it.
The rooms are very beautifully laid out, the showers are huge. My only complaint about the room is that the shower never got very warm, and the water pressure was weak. It was so warm that the cooler shower was ok, but I love a good hot shower. But the shower's themselves are really big and nice.
Only other thing I think Casa Velas should invest in is a better beer selection. They had a very limited selection of Mexican beers, which is good, but I'm use to better quality beers, and would have liked to have had a wider variety to choose from.
Oh, and I slept so well there, I have to find out what mattress they use, as I am a poor sleeper normally, but slept like a baby there.
With that said, we will be back. It's just too nice of a place with too nice of people working there.
As far as excursions, I highly recommend the zip line river canopy tour. The staff there is very nice, very safe, and we loved every minute of it. I did it this one in 2009 and even recognized one of the guides, that made me good that they can retain their employees.

I can't wait for our next week at Casa Velas.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are nice, but I wouldn't splurge on a splash pool or hot tub as the mosqui...
4  Thank arapower
casavelasmanagement, General Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Dear guest,

Warm greetings from sunny Casa Velas, Thank you so much for sharing your vacation experience and observations in TripAdvisor, It was a pleasure to host you for the second time in your home away from home!

We look forward to another amazing week in company of all the beautiful moments that only Casa Velas can provide you.

moviedocv@velasresorts.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,619)

Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and I took our first trip to Puerta Vallerta in ten years. We had a very stressful year and my hubby recently had surgery. Well....our travel agent, Lynne at Travel Forum sent us on a trip better than any medicine. We spent Oct 5-12 in the wonderful city of Puerta Vallerta at the beautiful Casa Velas Resort. We received an unbelievably warm welcome at the airport and the attention, service and warm welcomes continued on. Only five minutes from the airport; our first visit to Casa Velas a boutique hotel with 80 rooms surpassed our expectations. My husband and I have been all over MX and the Caribbean at 6 star resorts and have never received the personalized service we got at Casa Velas.

This resort--is so relaxing, soothing and tranquil you are immediately renewed in spirit. The manager, Manuel Oviedo, the Conceirge, Denisse Gonzalez and Jorge the driver immediately made us feel as if they were welcoming us into their own home and treated us like beloved family. It is obvious they love their city, country and hotel and want you to share their enthusiasm. Benny at the lobby bar always had a smile.

The resort grounds are meticulously maintained and the entry is just a peek at what is to come. The main lobby is filled with glowing candles, gleaming, polished furniture and staff waiting to greet you with cool drinks and towels.

Being a boutique hotels this facility is adults-only and not a party atmosphere. The music is relaxing like the environment. There is a peaceful feeling of serenity that fills your soul.

The pool area has a view of the golf course. The pool area is so relaxing and you can remain in the sun or sit in one of the cabanas...the swim up bar is staffed by waiters happy to make a tropical drink...try the cucumber (cucumber & mint) and lemon drop martini...nothing like the ones at home....so much better!

Our morning room service with pot of coffee arrived like clock work and the waiter was so consistent and attentive I smiled all day.

Emiliano's restaurant offers unbelievable gourmet meals. The hostess Brenda meets you daily and the service is superior. I am sorry I don't remember all the waiters names but they were all fabulous and attentive and remembered I only wanted 1/2 portions (pocito). The Chef's dinner was amazing, and fun. The gazpacho, watercress and tortilla soups were amazing. The healthy eggs, museli, and sorbet were the best I have ever had. I wish I could have stayed longer to taste everything on the menu.

If you are an ocean lover, the Beach Club is a short ride away; the infinity pool overlooks the ocean. If you go be sure to have the Beach Sunset Dinner which is the best I have ever been to and my husband and I have been to many. We also attended a fun cooking class at the Beach Club where we learned to make sushi and met other guests. The hotel provides the most amazing functional beach bag during your stay.

The spa though small provided the most personalized spa service I have ever had. Lulu has magic hands and it is amazing someone so tiny can give such a powerful massage and light touch facial. The rituals and foot washing are amazing and just another added touch. Be sure to use the facilities, rain shower, sauna, steam and hydrotherapy pool...Emma will be there to help.

If you want a little more action you can use the facilities at the sister hotel Velas; where we had breakfast at the beach restaurant and attended the festive Mexican dinner w/show. Donald, the manager is most gracious and this is a lovely family resort if you are so inclined.

We also took a ride to Nuevo to see the beautiful Gran Velas with beautiful infinity pool and grounds and ate at Azul on the beach..

We took a trip downtown, a sunset cruise and had an outstanding gourmet dinner at the unique LaLeche restaurant.

Casa Velas delivered outstanding service and really where we preferred to be most of our stay. We had little interest in venturing out because everything was at our fingertips. We had seven perfect sunny, hot days and left feeling renewed and refreshed.

This is truly like a glimpse of what heaven must be like.

6  Thank KatRo2014

Muchas gracias!

We appreciate the time you have taken to express your lovely experience. As general Manager of Casa Velas, it's an honor to read your review it's motivating to all of our staff and myself to know we excited your expectations making your vacation a memorable experience.Our main goal is to always make our guest feel pampered in the harmony and excellence of our service, relaxing in our beautiful grounds and enjoying our delicious gourmet food,we look forward to greet you again and welcome you in the near future for another wonderful and unique experience.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

After returning from our second trip to Casa Velas, I wanted to share how great the property really is. The hotel has only 80 rooms but the property is large and spacious. The concierge, valets and waiters all treat you like the only guest and call you by name. There is not a lot of "party" to the place, but for a quick trip for spa services and relaxation in PV it cannot be beat. The beach club is a short distance and we never waited for the car service to transport us there.
The menu is different, and there are no buffets. Pass on any of the meals or shows at the sister property, not worth the effort.

The property is only about 5 minutes from the airport so don't pay for travel agency round trip transports....20 dollars there and 6 back. :)

Room Tip: The regular master suite is just as spacious as a plunge pool room. The only difference is that you...
3  Thank lindicar

Dear guest,

Casa Velas is very happy to know you have chosen us once again as Your Home Away From Home, we thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to another quiet and tranquil relaxation.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

My wife and I travel to Casa Velas almost every year in the fall to celebrate our wedding anniversary. This resort--its facility, rooms, staff, service, and scenery surpasses expectations time and again! The resort offers a boutique experience, which means a quiter, adults-only atmosphere...no loud party crowds by the pool, no thumping music, no roudy water volleyball games...though, if you want these kinds of experiences, you can take a shuttle over to Club Velas Vallarta which is a stones-throw away. Every year when we arrive, we're made to feel like family. We've come to know many of the staff members over the years, and the high caliber of service they provide us is invaluable and never fails to make our experience in Vallarta exceptional. We look forward to our Casa trip every year and we truly feel like we get a week in heaven, all to ourselves, every time we travel to Casa. The resort grounds are beautifully manicured, the drinks and food are perfect, and the Beach Club will take your breath away! You feel like a VIP--lounging by the infinity pool, eating amazingly delicious gourmet food, and drinking exotic beverages while letting the Vallarta sunshine bathe you from head to toe. Schedule a dinner at Grand Velas in Nuevo Vallarta, take in the Malecon and shop, or just sit poolside and let time disappear. The romanticism offered at Casa Velas will allow you to reconnect, forget the world for awhile, and refocus on the things that matter most in your life--one another! We will be there again this year--in two short weeks, to celebrate our 14 year wedding anniversary, and we are counting down the days. I work in the timeshare industry, so I get the opportunity to see many beautiful resorts. But Casa keeps me coming back year after year. Here's to our home away from home...gracias, Casa Velas, for all the memories, past and future!

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful--my wife and I love the ground floor units alongside the golf course...g...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank David M

Dear guest,

Warm greetings from your home away from home,Heaven on Earth what a wonderful way to describe us,We thank you for giving us the opportunity to cherish this moment year after year, Making your anniversary a very unique and special occasion, We look forward to another lovely year.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

The service, the food, the pool very good, and I highly recommend widely, the rooms very well.
The view it is incredible and romantic.
My stay was very pleasant, and i really enjoyed this hotel
I would definitely go back many times, you can be on our honeymoon

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank JOHN M

Dear guest,

Muchas gracias, it's a pleasure to know we excited your expectations in every single way, Casa Velas is truly romantic and a beautiful resort, meant to celebrate and enjoy any occasion with a unique and special touch that you only have to live it to believe it, we thank you for sharing your comments and we look forward to another amazing experience.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Our adventure began when Donald from the front desk staff at Velas Vallarta offered us the chance to move to Casa Velas because he could see we were looking for a quieter romantic getaway than we could expect on Mexican Independence day at Velas Vallarta. He arranged for us and the friends who were arriving the next day to move to Casa Belas.

We took the shuttle and as we passed through the gates and on to the manicured property we could feel the stress melt away.

Ushered to the settee in the lobby we were offered cool drinks and chilled towels that were a welcome respite from the heat of the day.

Denisse checked us in while we relaxed. Her infectious smile and welcoming demeanor were just the first of many smiles and kind gestures from the staff.

Words cannot express how great the staff is at this location. From our first meal with Javier and Bernardino all our needs were satisfied. The lovely hostess Lizbeth is there every night with a smile and a welcome. The food was excellent every night. The only down side was looking at the menu and realizing you only had a limited number of days to dine there.

I must take a moment and specifically mention Manuel and his AMAZING flaming coffee. We were so enthralled when he presented it tableside we forgot to take pictures. We were lucky enough to see it again later in the week and got some great shots.

The beach club is only a short shuttle ride from Casa Velas. Alajandro was always ready to take you there or back. It's amazing how you think, “I guess I'm ready to go," and the shuttle appears often before you ask.

At the beach club Rangel took great care of us, even serving us our drinks in the hot tub as we sat in the rain from Tropical Storm Manuel. Rangel even provided saucers to keep the rain out of our drinks. There are a limited number of people that will bring your drinks poolside in a driving rainstorm but Rangel gave us an experience we will remember forever.

In many ways this property harkens back to a day when you were able to get away from the fast pace of everyday life. With less than two dozen guests during the off season week we were there, we met many of our fellow travelers and enjoyed making some new acquaintances.

-The rooms are great. The shower in our room was larger than my first city apartment.
-The food was top notch, and the bar service was premium. Try a mudslide from the swim up bar in the pool.

But most of all, the service and staff were consistently the best I have ever encountered. We left the week refreshed and planning our next trip to Casa Velas. Leaving for the airport we felt like we were leaving new friends whom we had enjoyed being with for the last week.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Shoottv

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience in Tripadvisor, the entire
Staff and myself are very thrilled to know you enjoyed the wonderful service and unique atmosphere that only Casa Velas can provide you, In the warm and tranquility of our grounds.
We truly look forward to another enchanting experience.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

First time staying here excellent service everybody is willing to serve and help you with a smile on their face.

The food is beyond any expectation you may have. Its an international menu with great taste and excellent variety.

All the wine and liquor its included and its premium liquor.

Really really reccomend it cant wait to come back.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank eog21
casavelasmanagement, Guest Relations Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear guest,

Casa velas Welcomes you back at any time, this is your home away from home, we are very happy to know your first visit was excellent and enjoyable hoping to greet you soon in the near future.

Denisse Gonzalez