Our adventure began when Donald from the front desk staff at Velas Vallarta offered us the chance to move to Casa Velas because he could see we were looking for a quieter romantic getaway than we could expect on Mexican Independence day at Velas Vallarta. He arranged for us and the friends who were arriving the next day to move to Casa Belas.
We took the shuttle and as we passed through the gates and on to the manicured property we could feel the stress melt away.
Ushered to the settee in the lobby we were offered cool drinks and chilled towels that were a welcome respite from the heat of the day.
Denisse checked us in while we relaxed. Her infectious smile and welcoming demeanor were just the first of many smiles and kind gestures from the staff.
Words cannot express how great the staff is at this location. From our first meal with Javier and Bernardino all our needs were satisfied. The lovely hostess Lizbeth is there every night with a smile and a welcome. The food was excellent every night. The only down side was looking at the menu and realizing you only had a limited number of days to dine there.
I must take a moment and specifically mention Manuel and his AMAZING flaming coffee. We were so enthralled when he presented it tableside we forgot to take pictures. We were lucky enough to see it again later in the week and got some great shots.
The beach club is only a short shuttle ride from Casa Velas. Alajandro was always ready to take you there or back. It's amazing how you think, “I guess I'm ready to go," and the shuttle appears often before you ask.
At the beach club Rangel took great care of us, even serving us our drinks in the hot tub as we sat in the rain from Tropical Storm Manuel. Rangel even provided saucers to keep the rain out of our drinks. There are a limited number of people that will bring your drinks poolside in a driving rainstorm but Rangel gave us an experience we will remember forever.
In many ways this property harkens back to a day when you were able to get away from the fast pace of everyday life. With less than two dozen guests during the off season week we were there, we met many of our fellow travelers and enjoyed making some new acquaintances.
-The rooms are great. The shower in our room was larger than my first city apartment.
-The food was top notch, and the bar service was premium. Try a mudslide from the swim up bar in the pool.
But most of all, the service and staff were consistently the best I have ever encountered. We left the week refreshed and planning our next trip to Casa Velas. Leaving for the airport we felt like we were leaving new friends whom we had enjoyed being with for the last week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the perfect resort retreat in the Mexican Pacific Riviera, where luxury and romanticism combine in perfect harmony. Resembling a private estate, Casa Velas offers Condé Nast and AAA award-winning service in a casually elegant and intimate boutique atmosphere in Puerto Vallarta. This boutique hotel enjoys a garden setting surrounded by the Marina Vallarta Golf Course. A beachside experience waits just three minutes away at your private Ocean Club, with stunning sunsets and memorable dining. Unlimited transport is available day and night to whisk you to the golden shores of the Mexican Pacific. The Ocean Club is a place of supreme peace and tranquility for enjoying an infinity pool, jacuzzi and terrace with impressive ocean views. Our luxurious getaway invites you to enjoy the comforting sounds and vibrant colors of the tropics as you discover the true meaning of relaxation and luxury at an all-inclusive Puerto Vallarta resort paradise. Recently chosen as one of the Top 10 hotels in Mexico and the Caribbean in three categories - Luxury, Relaxation/Spa and Hotel for Romance - by TripAdvisor®, Casa Velas is an enchanting destination where simple pleasures rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Otel, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa Velas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velas Boutique Resort
- Hotel Casa Velas Boutique