From the moment we walked in the door, I could tell something was different. We didn't have to wait in line to get checked in, we were seated on a comfortable couch, offered a cool hand towel and promptly delivered a couple of drinks without even asking. They came over to us and checked us in on the couch!
From there, the service only got better. I think every time we went to eat, there were at least 5-6 different waiters bringing us drinks, appetizers to sample, more drinks, and great quality steaks and seafood! I did not have a single complaint about any of the food - and for me that is unusual!
The grounds of the hotel were kept in amazing shape and the place is beautiful! The suite was large and comfortable. NO problems with the AC which I was nervous about as I like to stay cool when I am in my room. The room service was prompt - and free.
The pool was amazing. AS it is the slow time of the year, there were times when my wife and I were the only ones in it and had the bartenders at the swim up bar all to ourselves.
The beach club was also great and we spent a lot of time over there. It is truly a short minute or two away and we never had to wait for a shuttle. The service and drinks just flowed without even have to request the next. I was in the mood for some Carne Asada street type tacos - as this is Mexico right...but, they didn't have any on the menu. I asked the waiter where I could get some and he said he would check on it, only to bring me a plate of tacos that they made for me! That's the level of service that we got all the time.
You definitely need to go to the special beach dinner night as it was fantastic with steak and lobster and was a really nice affair with tables set down on the beach to watch the incredible sunset.
Benny at the main bar was always good for a lot of laughs and man does he pour some crazy drinks - and lots of them! We have some great video of him doing some crazy mix-up-the-drink dance!
We did go to the other sister property located a short walk away and we quickly realized why we had picked our hotel over that one - there were hundreds of kids there! It looks like a great place if you had your kids with you as they had pool volley ball going on and other activities, but it only took us a short time to long for our hotel and we quickly left!
We did also do a zipline adventure while we were that and it was amazing and the level of service we had was great. I can't recall the name, but it is the one that is closest to downtown PV and overlooks the entire city. We initially thought going to the one and hour and a half away might be more tropical, but this place was all we could ask for. They had us hanging upside down on rides, my wife did the airplane pilot across a 400 meter drop which is stuff you would not normally be aloud to do at other places. And it was reasonable. We actually booked our trip from a vendor who we met at the beach club - yeah there were a few of those, but all you needed to do is give the no thanks sign and they walked away. We were a bit concerned about buying from the vendor, but the price was right - everything went perfect, they picked us up at the hotel and on the return we were actually driven home personally by the owner - I am telling you the service we got was great!
The only bad thing about the entire experience - was leaving! We cannot wait to go again. We usually do cruises for our vacations and stepped outside of the norm to go to Casa Velas as the dates were just not working for us to leave on a cruise. We are so happy we did and we will be back.
I would highly recommend Casa Velas to anyone wanting a nice quiet relaxing vacation. If you go - tell Denise at the front desk we referred you - she is wonderful!
Good luck -
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the perfect resort retreat in the Mexican Pacific Riviera, where luxury and romanticism combine in perfect harmony. Resembling a private estate, Casa Velas offers Condé Nast and AAA award-winning service in a casually elegant and intimate boutique atmosphere in Puerto Vallarta. This boutique hotel enjoys a garden setting surrounded by the Marina Vallarta Golf Course. A beachside experience waits just three minutes away at your private Ocean Club, with stunning sunsets and memorable dining. Unlimited transport is available day and night to whisk you to the golden shores of the Mexican Pacific. The Ocean Club is a place of supreme peace and tranquility for enjoying an infinity pool, jacuzzi and terrace with impressive ocean views. Our luxurious getaway invites you to enjoy the comforting sounds and vibrant colors of the tropics as you discover the true meaning of relaxation and luxury at an all-inclusive Puerto Vallarta resort paradise. Recently chosen as one of the Top 10 hotels in Mexico and the Caribbean in three categories - Luxury, Relaxation/Spa and Hotel for Romance - by TripAdvisor®, Casa Velas is an enchanting destination where simple pleasures rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Otel, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa Velas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velas Boutique Resort
- Hotel Casa Velas Boutique