July 27 - Aug 3, 2013
Casa Velas, As always the Best!
What a treat it was to see the scrolled iron gates of the entrance to Casa Velas after spending a week at Dreams in PV and getting violently ill. I was not quite recovered but hubby was. Check in as usual went smooth and without a glitch. We once again had a Royal Ambassador Suite. Will not go into coverage of the room since I have done that in other reviews. Jorge, the bellboy, unloaded our car and placed our luggage in the room, just the way we like it.
The suite has 2 bathrooms, one with jacuzzi and balcony off it on second level. It is two floors. Master bedroom up , spacious, nice garden views, very tropical feeling. Downstairs a bathroom, large living room, dining table for two, and plenty, plenty of storage space. Outdoor terrace with table and chairs for 4, & plunge pool.
We go often so they remember our likes and desires, an extra TV in downstairs living room. Beer for hubby upon arrival and something non alcoholic for me. Carolina, the head of the front desk and reservations, always handles our arrival and stay with excellence.
We met the new concierge Denisse, a very pleasant young lady with good English skills.
We also had friends staying a few nights while we were there so that was pretty nice to have company from PV right on site.
The grounds remain as beautiful, manicured and tropical as always. Resort is clean and well kept. Pool on site, just perfect with swim up bar. Menu for lunch poolside. Towels are on chairs poolside, no towel game ever. Replaced as needed. No cards. Reservations suggested in restaurant but not mandantory.
We had a busy stay actually, due to a car purchase, we made while in PV, which required much back and forth. Denisse the concierge and all the staff were very helpful to us in handling this big affair. I had actually made a mistake ( yes I did, no kidding) on my reservations and thought we were leaving on a friday, whereas it was supposed to be thursday. I spoke with the director, Mr. Oveido, told him of my dilemma and mistake and how I had told dealership we were there till Friday. In the end it worked out we needed till saturday, so 2 extra nights, and they gave us a great deal for the additional nights. So, so much appreciated. Class act chain of resorts, as shown by their treatment to new and repeat customers.
The first day or two, I remained under the weather, from the food sickness of previous resort, so the waiters in restaurant, made suggestions of lighter fare for the cook to make for me, which was perfect. As usual, they know my needs and take care of them. They even noticed when I was better, noting my coloring. Bernadino especially doting on me.
They have a new menu in Emiliano's Restaurant, ( on site main restaurant) so that was a pleasant change for the most part. The food remains top notch, well prepared and tasty. Drinks as usual great with top notch alcohol and no upcharges. Apparently there are some upcharges for wine, but since we are not wine drinkers we are unfamiliar if that is worth it or not. My favorite appetizer was the crab cakes, and the salmon and pistachio soup was to die for. Presentation of the soup was nothing special but the taste made up for it, one hundred fold. I was a little disappointed with the dessert menu..lots of different sorbets that were really good and a great apple strudel...but nothing that just blew me away. The Creme Brulee, a favorite of hubby's is no longer on menu and Paris Delight my favorite is also gone. Not a biggie, I can do with less calories and sweets but I did mention it as I felt their dessert menu had more flair before. They were very receptive. LizBeth the hostess as usual was wonderful. All of the waiters, it goes without speaking are incredible, Bernadino, Javier, Rangel, Leonel, Miguel, Jorge, Cruz, Carlos, and of course Benny, the infamous bartender. I am sure I am forgetting someone, it is so hard to remember all the names when they are all so fantastic.
In our dealing with car purchase we missed out on some pampering, never made it to the spa, nor the beach club, sadly. Will be sure to do that in Febuary 2014, as we have already booked that and have friends also staying at that time from Oregon. Very exciting.
They have some new offerings though such as massage classes, cooking classes, A Chef's Dinner and a Cocktail Making Night, all included. They also have a new person, very kind and friendly in Stephano's place. So to schedule activities, show you property etc. I do not remember his name much to my chagrin.
Our stay despite being a different vacation type than usual was great. We spent lots of time in daytime at bank, car dealer etc. though, even stopping a few days at McDonalds. A little treat for me as it is an hour away to closest one from my home.
We did enjoy some sun and relaxing by pool a few days. We enjoyed great lunches and dinners at Emilianos. We had room service breakfast almost every day, which was great since we were rushing to get to bank, dealer etc, each morning. Had drinks in lobby bar at night. We as usual , were happy with everything and glad to be in such a wonderful resort, adults only, while doing business.
Finally on Friday we picked up our new car, Mexican plated, yeah. The staff shared in our excitement. We celebrated friday night and on saturday we drove back to Lake Chapala with two cars. Though this was a stressful thing to do on vacation, it was easier and more timely for us than in Guadalajara, and hubby was limited in time. If we had to be at a resort thru this, Casa Velas, adults only, pampering was the place to be. Plus what a surprise for me when hubby did all this. What an anniversary present to each other, and a necessary evil due to a change in Mexican law for American plated cars.
Casa Velas remains for us the best resort, in Puerto Vallarta. The tranquility, pampering, genuine staff, service oriented, best food of any AI we have yet to go to. Adults only on top of it. We will be back in Feb. and I highly recommend Casa Velas for your business trip, a special celebration, girls get together, golfing trip, couples get away, or even a gathering for a special cause like Breast Cancer etc.
The Velas resort chain is top notch, respects new and repeat customers and shows appreciation for return visits. ( You are entitled to also make use of Velas Vallarta on the All Inclusive plan, and we usually go over there to say hi to staff etc..but this trip we just never made it, but you get everything you could want..when at Casa Velas.
As always the Best!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the perfect resort retreat in the Mexican Pacific Riviera, where luxury and romanticism combine in perfect harmony. Resembling a private estate, Casa Velas offers Condé Nast and AAA award-winning service in a casually elegant and intimate boutique atmosphere in Puerto Vallarta. This boutique hotel enjoys a garden setting surrounded by the Marina Vallarta Golf Course. A beachside experience waits just three minutes away at your private Ocean Club, with stunning sunsets and memorable dining. Unlimited transport is available day and night to whisk you to the golden shores of the Mexican Pacific. The Ocean Club is a place of supreme peace and tranquility for enjoying an infinity pool, jacuzzi and terrace with impressive ocean views. Our luxurious getaway invites you to enjoy the comforting sounds and vibrant colors of the tropics as you discover the true meaning of relaxation and luxury at an all-inclusive Puerto Vallarta resort paradise. Recently chosen as one of the Top 10 hotels in Mexico and the Caribbean in three categories - Luxury, Relaxation/Spa and Hotel for Romance - by TripAdvisor®, Casa Velas is an enchanting destination where simple pleasures rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Travelocity, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa Velas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velas Boutique Resort
- Hotel Casa Velas Boutique