Casa Velas
$299
$181
$139
  • Breakfast included
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$242
Bookit.com
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$307
$257
  • Beachfront
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$370
$286
  • Breakfast included
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$449
$152
  • Pool
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$159
  • Pool
1,703 results
All reviewsbeach clubplunge poolsister resortgrand class suiteemiliano restaurantshort shuttle ridemain resortboutique hotelour honeymoonshrimp burritovista vallartalobby barhotel poolan adults only resortall inclusive resortgourmet foodaqua bar
Reviewed May 22, 2008

Several of the reviews at this hotel seem very suspicious. The reviews from Chuck-Sara, Chitown42 and GreggandShari are HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS because

-they share similar characteristics, all positive. And neither mention the previous negative review that specifically discusses airplane noise

-each reviewer has only one review to their credit having signed up at Trip Advisor just to review Casa Velas

-each username indicates - as of today - the same date of last visit - May 18, 2008.

Stayed: May 2008
15  Thank ridgebackfan
Reviewed May 18, 2008

This is the perfect hotel for a totally blissful vacation. Casa Velas is beautiful, clean, and feels very safe (gated). The staff are amazing. We found everyone to be gracious and helpful with every request. The property feels very exclusive. The private beach club is a wonderful ammenity. I cannot imagine staying anywhere else!

2  Thank Chuck-Sara
Reviewed May 12, 2008

we are from Chicago, Illinois and went with a group of friends for the wedding at Casa Velas and we had the best time ever and the services at the Casa Velas are the top notch. It worth every pennies we spent. The staffs at the Hotel are excellent people. where would you go on vacation that the staffs treated you like you deserved and remember your names like a family.
It is a place for adults to enjoy and relax at the pool side with peace and tranquility.
We will go back again but not soon enough.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chitown42
Reviewed April 22, 2008

Although we were a little skeptical when I booked Casa Velas through RCI, my wife and I were pleasantly surprised.
We booked at Casa Velas for Easter Week, although the cost of the all inclusive was premium, it was well worth the cost, as the restaurant on site was beyond excellent and the service and food at the pool was great. Although Casa Velas is not on the Beach, the Private Beach Club complete with infinity pool and daytime/evening dining was a serene experience.
On our anniversary night I had asked the manager to deliver a single pink rose to our table (one of only 9) at the Beach Club, it happened, promptly, to much emotion.
The manager at the hotel was ever-present and a very personable individual as were the concierge and all the staff. My wife booked a spa experience at the on site SPA; she was extremely pleased with the very professional service.
Casa Velas having only about 80 rooms from large Hotel Room size to larger suites certainly was a pleasant experience.
Even when we returned home the staff at Casa Velas accommodated us as we had misplaced our camera while at the resort, it was promptly returned to us via courier five days later.

6  Thank GregandSherri
Reviewed April 6, 2008

Let me start by saying I don't want to be too hard on Casa Velas but there are some serious ISSUES that need to be addressed.1st issue check in on a day when they are at only 30% occupancy shouldn't take 3 hours with them telling you 15MORE MINUTES non stop. I find it hard to believe someone couldn't get a room cleaned up without making us wait that long,we noticed during the week several other couples were at the pool "with their full airport/traveling clothes on as well" No excuse for this wouldn't have been so bad but after traveling for almost 12 hours there is no excuse for this. Suite was nice but nothing to write home about. Has a plunge pool too cold to use and a jacuzzi but the biggest ISSUES are :JET TAKEOFFS AND LANDINGS from 6:45a.m. going until almost 11:00p.m. So much for sleeping in.I was shocked that other tripadvisor members have failed to mention this. It litterally felt like staying at a luxury airport hotel. My father was a professional pilot so believe me I have been around planes/airports my whole life but I'm talking jets not small aircraft and it really takes away from what is suppose to be a relaxing luxury experience. Enough said. Decide for yourself but consider warned.Other ISSUE trying to take a late afternoon nap it key word TRYING repair/maintance people in room next door banging and hammering on the walls non stop. I know you have to maintain property but one would think they could repair or work on the room when someone else isn't next door. Same thing in the mornings dragging furniture across the floors. Also my balcony chairs were TAKEN from my balcony one afternoon early in the week and not returned. I left the staff know and asked to have them brought back but they never brought them back or followed up. I just dropped it.Not sure why they would take the chairs??? These incidents alone are more than enough for me NOT to give it 4 or 5 stars. It just isn't even close to being that kind of a property.Also got presented with an itemized billafter every meal and drink. I like to acknowledge those who do a nice job with tipsbut let me say they expect it and the conceirge/timeshare saleman at check in told us what amounts we should tip. Luxury hotels don't act this way. It is your discretion to tip at what you feel is appropritate. Let me say that regarding service is was spotty at best. Breakfast was awesome and that entire staff was great.Beach club staff and location in my opinion was the saving grace of Casa Velas. They also were very nice and offered very good service. Location was quiet and relaxing plenty of chairs nice food and drink. Beautiful views. We did walk the beach to find several dead fish and birds and trash washed up on shore. Wondered why the other hotels didn't clean it up (this was right next door to casa velas at marriott). Ocean was kind or dirty and murky although it is what I expected. Evening views of town were beautiful with all the lights. The resort itself had great landscaping wtih waterfalls flowers big tall palm trees lots of birds peacocks, koi ponds with turtles and fish. A nice romantic ambiance day and night. Dining at Emillanos was romantic although the food was non very good. We tried it several nights and did not get good service either. Other couples we talked to felt the same way. We enjoyed dinner at the beach club , the mexican fiesta on sunday nights and dinners at La Ribera at the sister resort on the ocean. We tried Andreas once and it too had terrible service. Overall summing it up the staff at the resort are nice and some gave wonderful service while others did not. Atmosphere is quiet and romantic EXCEPT FOR THE JETS. You can walk to the marina to shop etc from resort. The spa is very nice and services that I had they did a good job.Room is also nice. I just don't think for $500 to $600 per night that the issues I discussed earlier should have happened. That is the real tell tell sign.If you are really a 4 or 5 star resort then act like it not some of the time but all of the time.

2  Thank buckeyetravelgirl214