Casa Velas
$356
$299
Bookit.com
Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$307
$184
  • Breakfast included
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$358
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$406
$286
  • Breakfast included
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$242
$212
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$159
$205
$136
Cancelon
1,710 results
All reviewsbeach clubplunge poolsister resortgrand class suiteemiliano restaurantshort shuttle ridemain resortboutique hotelour honeymoonshrimp burritovista vallartalobby barhotel poolan adults only resortall inclusive resortgourmet foodaqua bar
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed there last week for a business conference. The rooms were very nice and the staff were great. Very typical upscale Mexican resort. Manicured lawns, lots of stone and artwork, very clean and welcoming. The staff here really make the difference. They get to know you quickly and go out of their way to ensure your comfort. The restaurant food was top notch.

This resort is not on the beach and probably doesn't need to be. It's literally a 5 minute walk away and they have their own beach club which guests can use. There's also a shuttle which will take you back and forth to the club.

The only downside is that the airport is very close, about a 10 minute drive, which is good but you will hear jet noise during the day. However, the airport groups their flights during certain hours so it's not constant, not late and not early. I didn't even notice the flights after the first day. The rooms were great but the tub and showers could probably use a remodel.

I would recommend this place for couples. There is no partying here and I didn't see any kids.

Room Tip: Buy the all inclusive package. From what I could tell the price was not much more and the quality is excellent.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Canuck_in_the_South
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We recently stayed at Casa Velas for a week. We loved the resort, it was very beautiful. The staff was wonderful. I actually felt a bit teary saying goodbye to the staff when it was time to leave there.
There was a mixup with our room, but I think it was with our travel agent not the resort. They offered us a good deal on an upgrade that we took. Our room was beautiful 2 stories with lots of sitting and eating areas and 2 bathrooms. We mostly used the upstairs portion as the deck and plung pool were really shady and the mosquitoes would come after me if I went outside. I like being really warm so upstairs was the place to be.
The resort is not right next to the ocean, which I thought was ok as there was an easily accessible beach club. I honestly did miss the sound of the ocean while I was sleeping though.
The bed and pillows were very comfortable.
The food was pretty good. I was dissapointed that the menu had changed so much from the one I saw online that had so many options that looked good to me. I'm pretty picky but managed to have a few good meals. The natchos we had were the best I've had anywhere. I also enjoyed the eggs benedict, and the coconut pie which I ate again and again.
We ate one night at the beach club and enjoyed a beautiful sunset. The food was delicous! We also had one lunch at the beach club that we really enjoyed also.
We spent a lot of time taking taxi's to town, then would usually alternate our extra hours with the pool area or the beach club. The bar and food service at both was excellent.
I loved how if we had a camera with us staff would often offer to take our picture together. Now we have a few couples photo memories we wouldn't have had otherwise.
While we enjoyed our trip a lot I probably won't go back unless they become adults only again. There were a few children there at the same time as us. They were well behaved but I did feel their presence. While I love children and have small children at home when we get away as a couple we really want to be adults only.

Room Tip: Room 519's patio area and plunge pool was very shady during the time we were there in February so we didn't use them at all.
2  Thank Maia J
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I never write reviews and I have been all over the place in my travels but I felt like I needed to give this resort it's due. My boyfriend and I booked this trip in Nov. of 2012 for February of 2013 for my birthday. We were actually worried about going to a place not directly on the beach and that was so small but wow were we so not dissapointed. The staff here is amazing. The best. Very catering to us and knew our names consistently throughout the vacation. The staff is pretty much the same so it makes it easy getting to know them at the restaurant and bar, pool, etc. Now on the to important stuff - what you want to know.
Rooms - we upgraded our room to the governer suite that looks out onto the main pool. Very nice room with awesome view. We checked out the other rooms even the two floor suites but liked our room the best of all that we saw. No bathtub in that room though, just a shower.
The restuarant Emeilios is delicious. Breakfast is the best. Dont bother going anywhere else for breakfast.
Order the granola parfait and the healthy eggs. This is a must! And the antioxidant juice is yummy. This is what I ordered every day for breakfast.
Dinner is conisently good no matter what - I stuck with the fish and it tends to be better than the meats. So if you like fish stick with the fish. Desserts are sub-par. Ice cream is yummy though.
Do dinner at the beach club one evening and watch the sunset. I think they only do this two nights a week at the resort and we would not have known about it unless someone had mentioned it so make sure you ask the staff when you arrive. It's worth it.
Don't bother going to the resort next door to them. It's overcrowded and we did not like it very much. We did get a massage there but were not impressed with the resort and were told by many others not to waste our time going there to eat. In short, stay at Casa Velas. Originally we were going to stay at Casa Velas for 4 days then go somewhere else on the beach for 4 days. We checked out a couple of other resorts and decided how good we had it at Casa Velas that we decided to stay the entire time. So happy we did. It just felt like home to us. Not too big, not too small, just perfect.
Excursions: make sure you do the Canopy River zip line tour. Awesome!
We also did Rythms of the Night. Boat ride over is a little too long but other than that it was totally worth it. The scenery cannot be beat! Food is very good as well. There is a lady on the beach who does one hour massages for 45 dollars. She is worth every penny. You will run into her at the beach club. We did downtown as well the Romantica district and it was so cool! A lot of fun. Definitely worth seeing. I'd reccommend it as well as the Marina.
Now if you can - you have to set up a dinner reservation at their sister resort in Riviera Maya Grand Velas. The french restaurant named Piaf. It was by far the best food and service. So amazing in fact, that we booked a week at that resort for next February. Yes, already booked. Keep an open mind and you will not be dissapointed at all. Enjoy it!
PS - we did not see but maybe 1 or 2 children our entire trip there. This is not a resort for kids so I am not sure why they added the option. Kids would be bored out of their minds. I would not worry too much about a lot of kids. I dont think they are allowed at the beach club. Safe travels! We fell so much in love with it we are going back. Cheers!

Room Tip: Room overlooking the main pool is the best!
3  Thank Christy J
Reviewed February 25, 2013

A criitic on T. A. questioned why so many reviews. We just returned and feel compelled to review. The staff try so hard and are so good they alone require a return. The food, the decor and the pool all add to a great 4 days. We came all the way from cold Cleveland and felt it well worth it.

2  Thank Jerry1931
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had an excellent three weeks at Casa, and we really felt like we were at home (but without all the work we have at home). The staff is efficient, friendly, and ready to help. By the end of the stay, the staff were friends, not "workers." Whether you like golf or just resting and listening to the ocean as it hits the shore, this place has something for you.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple