I stayed there last week for a business conference. The rooms were very nice and the staff were great. Very typical upscale Mexican resort. Manicured lawns, lots of stone and artwork, very clean and welcoming. The staff here really make the difference. They get to know you quickly and go out of their way to ensure your comfort. The restaurant food was top notch.
This resort is not on the beach and probably doesn't need to be. It's literally a 5 minute walk away and they have their own beach club which guests can use. There's also a shuttle which will take you back and forth to the club.
The only downside is that the airport is very close, about a 10 minute drive, which is good but you will hear jet noise during the day. However, the airport groups their flights during certain hours so it's not constant, not late and not early. I didn't even notice the flights after the first day. The rooms were great but the tub and showers could probably use a remodel.
I would recommend this place for couples. There is no partying here and I didn't see any kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to a beautiful beach resort in Puerto Vallarta for an indulgent vacation refuge with sublime dining, a pristine beach, ocean club, golf courses, pools and a spa. Our spectacular resort is within walking distance of Puerto Vallarta's sophisticated 500-slip marina and 15 minutes from the city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Casa Velas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velas Boutique Resort
- Hotel Casa Velas Boutique