Casa Velas
$313
$301
Bookit.com
Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$307
$184
  • Breakfast included
Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel & Romantic Getaway(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$197
Velas Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$396
$286
  • Breakfast included
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
$393
$300
  • Beachfront
$249
$451
$193
  • Pool
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Pool
$181
HotelsClick
1,709 results
All reviewsbeach clubplunge poolsister resortgrand class suiteemiliano restaurantshort shuttle ridemain resortboutique hotelour honeymoonshrimp burritovista vallartalobby barhotel poolan adults only resortall inclusive resortgourmet foodaqua bar
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Just returned from 8 days at Casa Velas. This was our second time there, and it had been 3 years since our last trip. I cant say enough about the service and facility. I had been planning this event to celebrate my 40th Birthday with some close friends (3 couples in total), and had reached out to CV for the arrangements. We were able to negotiate a great deal for each of us, that included a $300 credit towards the SPA or Golf, of which we did both.

Upon arrival it was great to see some familiar faces, such as Jorge, Fredy and Beny. And even nicer that each of our rooms had a bottle of champagne and some chocolate covered strawberries. This is in addition to the normal all inclusive items in the mini bar. After that each day was met with a day of tanning at the pool and just relaxing. We ate both at CV as well as at the sister resorts - Velas Vallarta and Grand Velas. As a group we at at the French Rest at the Grand Velas, while some of the group did a couples night at the Italian, both of which got rave reviews from the group.

And for the most special dinner, we were able to celebrate my Birthday at the Beach Club. The hotel General Manager had hear it was my birthday and set up a special dinner for just the 6 of us at the beach club. It was amazing. We had spoken to the head of the beach club, and he and the chefs put together a wonderful dinner menu. Truly an amazing way to end the week and celebrate my birthday.

In the end we all left knowing we had a vacation that may never be topped. Thanks to Casa Velas for making this such a special week!!

Here are some of the people we would like to give a shout out too, for making this so memorable. Jorge, Fredy, Richardo, Rene, Beny and the several others who's names I may be forgetting...thank you!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are wonderful.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank time4go-away
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I was supposed to stay at another resort in the area but was told upon arrival that they were moving me to another resort due to the fact that had rented the entire resort out to a group. Needless to say, where they sent me was absolutely unacceptable. They refused to send me anywhere else except to another resort that was unacceptable as well. I found Casa Velas online in a desperate attempt to find somewhere else nice to stay. Luckily they had rooms available and took my reservation right away. I do not regret it! They were extremely nice and went out of their way to make me feel pampered. I was extremely self-conscious about traveling by myself and they went out of their way to make me feel welcome. What was also great for me is that when they say "all-inclusive", they really mean "all-inclusive". Most all-inclusive resorts do not include the food delivered by room service. Casa Velas does include it and they have no problem with providing it. If you want a bottle of wine, they send you a bottle of wine. No nickel and diming you there.

The rooms have a mini-fridge with sodas, juice, and beer and also a few snacks as well. I also used their spa services....wonderful. What was great for me as well was the fact that at the time, they had early-bird discounts on spa services (30% off) if you made an appointment between 9 and 10 am. Perfect for the budget-conscious traveler.

The grounds are gorgeous! They have peacocks on the property that will come right up to you...absolutely beautiful. You can sit by the pool or go to their beach club that has a pool...both places wait on you at your chair, bringing you all the drinks you want. You can also go to the restaurants at the sister resort at no extra cost.

All in all, Casa Velas turned my travel nightmare around and it could not have turned out better. Thank you Casa Velas for your hospitality!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a 'private pool'. Although it is not really private...it is a small, pretty pool that is shared by 3 rooms in a villa.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank single_traveler873
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We stayed 7 nights at this fabulous hotel. The staff was awesome and the amenities were impeccable. Fredy the bartender at the pool will always be what I think of when I think about Casa Vela, he was wonderful and gracious he made us feel like we were at home. The property was well maintained, I have never seen such detail to landscape. I had a wonderful time and I have already started planning my return next year. Puerto Vallarta has not yet been pleagued by the corporate giants It still has that Mexican feel. Taking a taxi downtown to the bourdwalk or to Riviera Nayarit was very reasonable unlike Cancun or Cabo. Peso go along way and it is still there main source of currency. When you go to the States and Cities of Mexico in the Gulf region it still feels like your in the US with the Hard Rock Cafe and the Chilis and Mcdonalds on every corner. I don't know about everybody else but I can stay home for that. I want to see culture and eat diffent food. That is exactly what you get in Puerta Vallarta. It didn't feel like a tourist trap where everything was priced extremely high and you come back feeling like you spent a fortune to stay somewhere that was outside the US but the same as the US.

Room Tip: The room with the plunge pool are the only way to stay. Those days you are to hung over from the shots of tequila you can still sit in some water.
3  Thank Catherine C
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My husband and I recently traveled to Puerto Vallarta for a short getaway with our friends and we stayed at the Casa Velas Resort. We had an amazing experience! The resort is an absolutely beautiful tropical oasis, the rooms were very clean and comfortable, and the food at both restaurants was delicious! We enjoyed lounging by the pools and getting massages under the cabanas on the beach. The attentiveness and friendliness of the staff made our trip all the more enjoyable. Jorge greeted us as we arrived and shuttled us to and from the Beach Club; the bartenders, Beny & Freddy, kept the drinks flowing; and Ricardo and the wait staff at the both the restaurants delivered top quality service at every meal. We felt like royalty! We cannot wait to go back for another relaxing, romantic getaway! You won't be disappointed with your experience at Casa Velas!

Room Tip: If you can afford the Presidential Suite, get it! If not, at least ask to tour it if it is empty when you happen to go there. It is AMAZING!!! All the rooms are fantastic, but the rooms on the higher floors have less noise and feel a little less humid that those on the ground floor.
1  Thank ash7phlutter
Reviewed May 19, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a week long stay at Casa Velas and the entire trip was exceptional. Our room was lovely, the grounds were beautiful and lush and the food was delicious. However, what really makes Casa Velas so special is the staff. From the moment we arrived until the moment we departed we were pampered. The staff could not have been more friendly and attentive nor could they have been more consistent in their high level of service. It was the perfect trip to escape from reality for a week and celebrate our anniversary!

Room Tip: We stayed in a ground level grand suite plus with a plunge pool and loved it!
3  Thank Lovesthebeach1021