“The most unique place I have stayed at”
Review of Ocho Cascadas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Ocho Cascadas
Phoenix, Arizona
“The most unique place I have stayed at”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I have stayed in hotels and time shares around the world. I have not stayed in one that has pool that is in the living room. Each unit has it's on pool which is actually a waterfall that cascades to the unit below. When you sit in the living room, there are no walls between you and the view, because there are not outside walls! We have stayed in the Penthouse for the last 4 years. All of your meals are prepared by an excellent cook. And the food server has some of the best customer service skills I have encountered.

Caution, I would not recommend going after early May, since there are no walls there is no AC, late afternoon and evenings will be uncomfortable.When the rainy season starts in June and the humndity goes up and the misquitoes come out. I would not want to be there.

This place does not have high end marble floors and gold faucets It does have character

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank frequenttravelerdave

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Colleyville, Texas
Reviewed December 17, 2011

Would very much so recommend this sunny beach paradise to any person that I come across. The views are simply stunning. The architecture is one of a kind, unlike anything I have experienced, so imaginative & like something out of a fairy tale. The sweeping panoramic views of the Bay of Banderas are brilliant. Located in such a dramatic setting nestled on a beautiful lush mountain, one is surrounded by gorgeous views, anywhere your head turns. The staff was very kind & friendly, always greeted me with a big smile, or to help with any need. The rooms present you everything you could wish for, including a warm personal pool. Everything is open to the wonderful Vallarta weather. I just returned from a stay with my family in the Penthouse, Villa 9 & 8. We stayed for a full week, wish it was a month. This is truly a special, special place that anyone who values beautiful experiences should snatch up if given the opportunity. This is my 4th time to Ocho Cascadas, and will definitely not be my last. The town is improving & is worth fully exploring, as well as the tremendous Puerto Vallarta Botanical gardens & beaches! Come experience Vallarta & the breathtaking masterpiece Ocho Cascadas is for yourself, you will not regret it.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the more dramatic the view.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank CLS_411
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed November 16, 2011

A stay in thsi resort has been like none other for me. The views are incredible and impossible to find in any other resort. The staff is helpful and friendly. Having a private pool in your own unit is what made our stay even more amazing. After a long climb up the hill and up the steep stairs there was nothing nicer than jumping right in! The condo come with everything you need for a comfortable stay and I had a wonderful time cooking in our villa, taking in the views and enjoying Mexico. The pictures speak for them selves. I would definitely go back again but I heard from the staff that their lease is over at the end of the next year and after that there will not be any more ocho cascadas as it is used now , so if you;re going to go, go soon. Absolutely loved it! However, this place isn't for people that demand air conditioning, elevators. Like others have said this is LUXURY camping.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TheTravelingV
NY
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I was lucky to find this gem several years back and rented a week from a timeshare owner. This place is very unique, from the first day I stepped into the villa I was captivated by its natural beauty. Its perch on the mountainside awards spectacular unobstructed views of the Bay of Banderas, located in the charming, affluent and safe hills of Conchas Chinas, just a short distance from the Malecon. I have been to Puerto Vallarta many times and have stayed at many lovely hotels from Punta Mita to Mismaloya but my heart belongs to Ocho Cascadas. The man who built this place was truly a visionary. It is not for everybody, there are steep steps, no air conditioning, TV or Stereo, BUT you have your own private pool with cascading waterfall, open air living where the gentle breezes caress your skin, security, twice daily maid service and private chef ( for a small fee) on request. I often think of it as a romantic, luxourious tree house. After a week here I am renewed and that is why for me it will always be my magic garden.

Room Tip: villa 3 or higher
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank joseyNy
Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed January 21, 2011

LOVED OCHOS CASCADAS!!!! Just returned from a week in Villa 3 and had a remarkably excellent experience. The views from our villa were breathtaking. We called ourselves the seis amigas and we were pampered and treated so wonderfully. Antonio and the rest of the staff were so accomodating and personable and we so appreciated everything. The twice a day maid service and the floating chef were such an indulgence (and remarkably inexpensive). I am so hopeful to return again someday. Puerta Vallarta is a charming town and Ochos Cascadas is a gem.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
7 Thank amickj
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed January 18, 2011

Ocho Cascadas rentals don't come around that often so if you see one online, and you're considering PV, book the rental. I cannot say enough good things about this amazing place, 10 villas in all including the Penthouse unit which also sometimes comes into the rental pool. I've stayed in the Penthouse twice and Villa 9 once and all three times we had amazing stays. I highly recommend this to anyone looking to stay in luxury settings high above the ocean and miles away from your cares back home. Fabulous!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank sfcafox
Juneau, Alaska
Reviewed February 17, 2010

Pools in the room .... Excellent space ! fabulouse staff ! We stayed there in 2005 ( but that was not a date offered to choose ) I would highly recomend the view, too!!!

Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends